Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 4:35:45 PM EDT
Anyone know an Oshkosh based tax professional worthy of business?
My first year with a LLC and might need some help.
The most pressing issue the is Sales and Use tax due on the 31st.  I have zero sales so that's a no brainer but HOW MUCH of WHAT do people actually claim for the use tax?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The most pressing issue the is Sales and Use tax due on the 31st.  I have zero sales so that's a no brainer but HOW MUCH of WHAT do people actually claim for the use tax?

View Quote

I do mine right on the Wisconsin department of revenue website. It is VERY simple. Use tax is explained there for what things fall under use tax. You shouldn't need to pay anyone to do EOY sales and use tax.

Otherwise I don't know any tax guy in your area.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in Osh but the wife and I do our own taxes online by ourselves.

Best I could suggest if you really want to is contact Scott who owns Karni piers  tell him Craig from Grace Lutheran mentions to ask him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I do mine right on the Wisconsin department of revenue website. It is VERY simple. Use tax is explained there for what things fall under use tax. You shouldn't need to pay anyone to do EOY sales and use tax.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do I.  It only takes about 5-10 minutes to file it. They no longer accept paper forms in the mail. Internet or telephone filing only. The hard part for me is adding up the numbers from 3 months worth of paper invoices.

You'll need to register for an account here https://tap.revenue.wi.gov/mta/_/#1 Lots of info there too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]
It really is easy using the web site.  When I was self employed I claimed use tax on everything I bought for the company that I didn't pay sales tax on.  The small amount of money wasn't worth the possible trouble if I didn't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thks all.  I think I've figured almost all the stuff I bought for the llc out of state is taxable.
Basically almost everything I might want to deduct for the llc is going to cost me 5%.
I've used Taxact online for a few years now and it looks like they might be able to handle llc filing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top