Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad that this has zero replies.  BUMP.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not surprising.  The courts seem to think that regular police are legislators and it's perfectly fine to lie to everyone, let alone the atf.  No one in government is accountable...

ETA: the link crashes my browser btw.  I read the article somewhere else though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA: the link crashes my browser btw.  I read the article somewhere else though.
View Quote

Mine too. I clicked the link, wouldn't go anywhere, I said screw it.

BTW....  The JS website only lets me read 15 articles per month without subscribing. I won't subscribe to that liberal rag, but I do use my 15 articles reading about the Packers when it's football season (already used up 7, and it's only the 11th).
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/problems-in-milwaukee-atf-sting-reflected-around-country-234917261.html
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

BTW....  The JS website only lets me read 15 articles per month without subscribing. I won't subscribe to that liberal rag, but I do use my 15 articles reading about the Packers when it's football season (already used up 7, and it's only the 11th).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're using Internet Explorer, you can get around the 15 article limit, go to "tools" and drop down to "In private browsing". Once it opens  the In private browser window, go to JSonline. By doing that, it must hide the cookies or what ever they're tracking your use with and it resets the 15 article limit. I don't know how you'd do it with other browsers, but I'm sure they have something similar.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The first link didn't work but the second did.  

I wish I could say I was surprised by any of this.   I've set my expectations pretty low when it comes to any agency run by our lovely federal government.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're using Internet Explorer, you can get around the 15 article limit, go to "tools" and drop down to "In private browsing". Once it opens  the In private browser window, go to JSonline. By doing that, it must hide the cookies or what ever they're tracking your use with and it resets the 15 article limit. I don't know how you'd do it with other browsers, but I'm sure they have something similar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I did as you said, and read the article. "In Private" appeared at the top of the browsers toolbar, so I turned it on correctly... but not sure it worked however, because when it loaded I got the same pop-up, saying I had less than 10 free articles left this month, and urged me to "subscribe" or sign in.

As for the article itself, I think this was excellant journalism the way it's supposed to be (and it took some balls to go after the ATF like they did), but nothing the ATF did surprises me in the least, and I'm now thinking there's been lots more situations like these and it's being hidden from the public. They didn't investigate anything prior to 2010... how long has this shit been going on before it "leaked" out? Like having mice in your house... for every one you actually see, there's likely 9 or 10 more.

Nice try, but I also don't foresee anything coming of it. Business as usual. How long ago was "Fast & Furious" and where's that at now? A little bit of a stink made in Congress, and the govt is investigating itself.
We all know the outcome... some fall guy, low level flunkie, will get a wristslap, and "justice will be done".
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#8]
rfb you may need to delete your current history and cookies for it to work. Of course they also might track you a different way, I have no idea, I never visit the site.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top