Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2013 7:13:33 AM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_22/667698_Tentative_Ecomm_plan__Tentative_date__13_Sept_.html

If you are a ham, it should prove to be a good test. It'll give you a good opportunity to test out your gear, and see if you could pass the message... if it were an emergency.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would love to participate.

However, all I have is a 2m HT right now so my range would be limited to the north-east side of Milwaukee. I can reach the repeaters very easily in the area but not much else.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If you were closer, I'd say swing on over.

Even with an HT, there's a few pretty widely linked systems in the area. AFAIK, repeaters and linked systems are fair game. Couple arfcommers in IN...I'd have to check the coverage maps, but I seem to recall a linked system that covered the southern lake michigan area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i might have to put up a 80m dipole to play
View Quote

Worth a shot, especially if you can do digital. I have a feeling that the arf digital network will be key.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a signal link from tiger tronics but haven't played with it
View Quote

Well if you get bored, give it a shot. A few arfcommers frequently monitor 14.0675, Olivia +1500. Actually a pretty reliable way to relay a message. I use the Signalink with Ham Radio Deluxe/DM780.

If there's interest, I'd be more than willing to try a ragchew with HTF peeps. Digital playing around, etc.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be fun but just a Tech with UHF/VHF in the SE part of state Milwaukee area.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It would be fun but just a Tech with UHF/VHF in the SE part of state Milwaukee area.
View Quote

There's a few of you in that area. No one with HF receive? THere's a few linked systems that I believe reach into Indiana... might be able to reach one of the arf members thataway. Specifically coordinating plans in advance is frowned upon IIRC, otherwise you could work to pick it up from a ham in IN/IL, and pass it up the WI-NET linked system, and I could pick it up and fire it off on HF.

Any of you techs do 10M?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top