Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2013 7:44:13 PM EDT
I need a 1911 smith In the Fox valley anyone have any suggestions, And if you have the tools to work on a 1911 but arnt officially a smith i would take you help as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a hammer and a punch, what else do you possibly need to work on a 1911...
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a hammer and a punch, what else do you possibly need to work on a 1911...
View Quote
A dremel.

I have seen a few requests looking for a 1911 guy, but haven't seen an answer yet.

What is going on with yours?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Wait a damned second.....

I thought 1911's were handed from god to John Moses Browning and did could not be improved and never needed repair. Why would there be any 1911 smith's if what the 1911 crowd tells me is true
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait a damned second.....

I thought 1911's were handed from god to John Moses Browning and did could not be improved and never needed repair. Why would there be any 1911 smith's if what the 1911 crowd tells me is true
View Quote

Because you can improve on perfection. Thats why I built mine!

Sorry I am not closer otherwise I might be able to help
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I need a 1911 smith In the Fox valley anyone have any suggestions, And if you have the tools to work on a 1911 but arnt officially a smith i would take you help as well.
View Quote

What are you looking to have done?
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol...+1 for most things. Of course, there are some things that will require specialized tools....
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
My side of the state is pretty empty of good smiths, especially for something like a 1911. However, in my travels, I've seen the work that Dave at Defensive Creations in OH does, and he will be my first choice. I've seen quite a few examples of his work, ranging from 1911s to AK's to machined parts. Even though he's not in WI, he's not far away if you have a valuable or important 1911, and he's someone I would strongly consider.

Defensive Creations LLC
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Well im looking to Restake or get a new plunger tube and have it staked in. i know its super easy but i dont have tools or the knowledge to do it
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well im looking to Restake or get a new plunger tube and have it staked in. i know its super easy but i dont have tools or the knowledge to do it
View Quote

I have a staking tool but I am a little far away.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works good too
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the tools and can help but I might be a little far as well. I work in FDL it would only take 10 minutes to restate.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
well i was hoping to flush out the local guy i knew there was a guy in my hometown that did AR15 and 1911 work and posted this here to see if someone close at the tools and the time to help or see if that guy was a member here

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the tools and can help but I might be a little far as well. I work in FDL it would only take 10 minutes to restate.
View Quote

I might be looking to add a couple other things as well so it might  be a new tube and a few other parts
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#13]
dupe
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the staking tool and I'm in GB. Hit me up if you still need help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top