Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 6:37:17 PM EDT
I'm looking for somebody who might be able to get me in touch with a board member for the OSC. Feel free to IM me if you want.

I'm an Assistant Chief on the Sullivan Vol. Fire Department which covers the area where OSC is located. For those who live in the area, and might be familiar with it, the future of the Sullivan/Rome Junk Parade is very much uncertain this year and we're looking for another possible fund raiser to do instead. We have a VERY pro 2A group on the department and for a few years in the past we used to hold a Guns & Hoses shooting event at the Fin & Feather club near Dousman with a few other departments. After some inter-organizational issues that too fell apart.

So, getting to the point... A bunch of us on the department are very much black rifle guys and want to resurrect some sort of shooting fundraiser event in our area with just our department, thus we're wondering a few things:

First off, if you're a member there, do you think the OSC would be interested in hosting our event? We're really leaning toward some sort of 3-gun type set up or a generic zombie shoot, but if a trap shoot might draw more Fudd money we'd be down with that too.

Secondly, to the WIHTF members, or anybody else who reads this; if our fire department was to set up an event like this in say... late spring, summer or early fall... would there be interest in coming? I don't want to overshadow the Roasted Nutz shoot, but this might be a good alternative event for those of us down south who can't make the trip up north. I know for sure that we wouldn't hold this the same weekend as the Roasted Nutz, or a weekend on either side of it, because we might want to draw some of the same people and we definitely want to draw some of the same sponsors.

Any thoughts or comments? Lemme have it

Thanks in advance guys!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
1.) If your not a member of the club join!

2.)Bring them your ideas.

3.) Oconomowoc. Thats so far south..  I'd drive down to a event if it was set up well.

4.) Sponsors ? Right now I don't know what your going to get out of business because everything is so tight with the chaos/hoarding going on.Same goes for RN4

5.) If you needed someone to cook I might no a guy or two depending on the weekend.

6.) If you need more ideas send me a PM
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
1.) If your not a member of the club join!

2.)Bring them your ideas.

3.) Oconomowoc. Thats so far south..  I'd drive down to a event if it was set up well.

4.) Sponsors ? Right now I don't know what your going to get out of business because everything is so tight with the chaos/hoarding going on.Same goes for RN4

5.) If you needed someone to cook I might no a guy or two depending on the weekend.

6.) If you need more ideas send me a PM

I'm not a member, although I can almost literally see the club from my house, especially since we cleaned up the ditch lines around the fields this winter. I usually just shoot anything I want in the back yard and I'm worried about being able to make the annual time commitment they require when I already have so many things on my plate so to speak.

We wouldn't expect much in the way of sponsorship money, but would love to have somebody like Midwest Industries come set up a sales table there. That kind of stuff helps draw people and it's win win for both sides to have more people there in that case, right?

I used to go out to OSC through Boy Scouts, and I'm nearly positive one of our old scout leaders is still on the board out there... maybe. We have another guy trying to get hold of Wally. I said I'd post on AR15.com and see what I could drum up.

Stand-by... help and ideas will be needed for sure. Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
bump.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You can email Gordy, not sure if the email is monitored thou. Otherwise snail mail.
Sorry I don't have any phone numbers provide.

Link
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Dose anyone know if there is a wait list for a membership?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I e-mailed a few times some time back and never got an answer.  Seems like the best choice for me.  Maybe.

I would attend anything.  Sounds like a good idea.

I also like to buy raffle tickets for guns.

I have a problem.

That's the first step, right?

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
If we don't move up North then in June we are moving out near the Sullivan/Rome area. So we would come to any event held out there but I would think doing some kind of clays event would be easier since there are some decent clubs in the area, like Milford Hills outside of Watertown.  Since I know no one out there I would start with the owners of Cats bar on Rome pond, we had a beer there after house hunting.  They cater to a lot of hunters, maybe some business that do that would be willing to sponsor a shooting event.  I would then find a club.  Set it up then back track to get sponsors.  I would then get the word out to as many clay shooters, Fudd's and Duck killers as possible.  The clubs own members will shoot in it too if you set it up right.

( I just looked that bar is called Dig n Kats.  I thought he was named Doug, but we met them both, nice people, where Hwy F crosses the pond. I am sure you know it.)

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I am a member, they said at the annual board meeting that they are not taking new memberships as they had so many guys apply after Hartland got shut down.   I have had mixed success with emailing board members & don't know any of them personally so I could not refer you to any other way of getting ahold of them.  I percieve insurance would be the biggest sticking point for any event on club grounds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top