Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:42:17 AM EDT
On 12/31/2012 - I e-mailed EVERYONE... very local... right up to VP and the Prez.  Just got this reply back tom Mary Lazich:

Dear NYHCx516x,

Thank you for your email about the Second Amendment and gun owners’ rights.  The problem is not the guns and the problem is not the ammunition.  The problem is the actions of certain persons.

More laws only affect those that abide by the law and do not affect the criminals.

Again, thank you for your email.  I appreciate knowing your thoughts, and I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Mary Lazich
Wisconsin State Senator
Wisconsin State Capitol
Room 8 South
Post Office Box 7882
Madison, Wisconsin 53702
Phone:  1-608-266-5400
Toll Free Within Wisconsin:  1-800-334-1442
Fax:  1-608-267-6790
Internet:  www.SenatorLazich.com  
Blog:  http://www.greenfieldnow.com/blogs/communityblogs/conserv_speaking.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On 12/31/2012 - I e-mailed EVERYONE... very local... right up to VP and the Prez.  Just got this reply back tom Mary Lazich:

Dear NYHCx516x,

Thank you for your email about the Second Amendment and gun owners’ rights.  The problem is not the guns and the problem is not the ammunition.  The problem is the actions of certain persons.

More laws only affect those that abide by the law and do not affect the criminals.

Again, thank you for your email.  I appreciate knowing your thoughts, and I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Mary Lazich
Wisconsin State Senator
Wisconsin State Capitol
Room 8 South
Post Office Box 7882
Madison, Wisconsin 53702
Phone:  1-608-266-5400
Toll Free Within Wisconsin:  1-800-334-1442
Fax:  1-608-267-6790
Internet:  www.SenatorLazich.com  
Blog:  http://www.greenfieldnow.com/blogs/communityblogs/conserv_speaking.html

That is the most knowledgeable reply I have seen from any politician. She actually gets it.
Most politicians, especially liberal ones, ignore the fact that criminals and mentally ill do not obey the laws.
Not my district but I would love to be able to vote for Senator Lazich.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Much better than I got from Paul Ryan
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You know what, fuck Paul Ryan. I've seen the light when he voted in favor of the crap that got passed to stop the "fiscal cliff". He is nothing more than an empty bag of talk. Bet he votes to raise the debt ceiling too.

No wonder those liberals in Janesville love him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what, fuck Paul Ryan. I've seen the light when he voted in favor of the crap that got passed to stop the "fiscal cliff". He is nothing more than an empty bag of talk. Bet he votes to raise the debt ceiling too.

Do you think it would have been better to go off the cliff and get fucked more than were are now?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Dear

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun laws in America. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding this subject, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.  My thoughts and prayers remain with the families and friends of those affected by this unspeakable tragedy. At this trying time, we must show our sympathy, pray for and stand together with the people of Connecticut, as well as all the friends and loved ones of the victims and survivors.

I understand that there will be a national discussion about our gun laws and what actions could be taken to prevent such horrific crimes in the future.  This is matter on which reasonable people often disagree.  However, I believe we can work together to find answers that most importantly protect innocent lives, as well as constitutional rights, and at the same time find ways to stop unstable people from committing these incomprehensible crimes in the first place. I look forward to contributing to this discussion and working with my colleagues in Congress to address this important debate.

Thank you again for contacting with your thoughts.  In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue or any other, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to increased mail security.

If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan
Serving Wisconsin's 1st District
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know.

The one I got from Ron Johnson (shit I didn't save it) wasn't good either.

To paraphrase, it said individual rights weren't the most important thing.

Funny, because, that's exactly what I thought a Constitutional Republic was.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I think you guys should run for office.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know about that, but we may go pro, when it comes to persuading our elected servants
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about that, but we may go pro, when it comes to persuading our elected servants

It was more of a comment on how it seems so easy for some to just abandon lawmakers when they are faced with a shit sandwich and they vote in such a way that is the less shitty route. One vote and people hate them. Sad really.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was more of a comment on how it seems so easy for some to just abandon lawmakers when they are faced with a shit sandwich and they vote in such a way that is the less shitty route. One vote and people hate them. Sad really.

Well, I did send a reply to his reply if it makes you feel any better about the state of things. I have't gotten a reply to that one though....

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Paul Ryan explained why he voted for the fiscal cliff bill on Vicki McKenna's show.. It was a while ago and I forgot exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "this isn't the bill we wanted or needed, but it was the best bill that was was realistically going to be passed and I owe it to my constituents to help them as much as I can"

I wish other politicians would take a strong stance on the 2A like Lazich did. Supporting our constitution should not be a controversial move, but sadly it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top