Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 7:24:45 PM EDT
Wondering how big the Green Bay show is compared to say Waukesha?  I figure prices to buy would be insane but I am considering making some room in the safe and parting with a few items.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The Green Bay show is relatively small but is worth going if you can make it early.  If you see something you like, buy it immediately as it will be gone the next time you go to look at it.  You will find large tables with vendors displaying  the same overly priced stuff they brought 2 years ago.  You will find a couple smaller tables with useful items such as old gun sights, etc.  Tom (Tom's Military Arms) from Fond Du Lac will be there telling stories and yelling at people for trying to open the action on the rifles.   There are a few tables with they typical "surplus" items including M16/AR15 small parts.  There are typically new rifles and handguns at average prices and WI Cartridge will be there with their reload ammo.   Somewhere in the pile of stuff are treasures to be found.  You should get there early on Friday to find  them as they will be gone quickly.   Although the show is listed to run until 5:00PM on Saturday, the reality is that  by 2:00PM vendors will be packing up and by 3:00PM some tables will be empty....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Green Bay show is relatively small but is worth going if you can make it early.  If you see something you like, buy it immediately as it will be gone the next time you go to look at it.  You will find large tables with vendors displaying  the same overly priced stuff they brought 2 years ago.  You will find a couple smaller tables with useful items such as old gun sights, etc.  Tom (Tom's Military Arms) from Fond Du Lac will be there telling stories and yelling at people for trying to open the action on the rifles.   There are a few tables with they typical "surplus" items including M16/AR15 small parts.  There are typically new rifles and handguns at average prices and WI Cartridge will be there with their reload ammo.   Somewhere in the pile of stuff are treasures to be found.  You should get there early on Friday to find  them as they will be gone quickly.   Although the show is listed to run until 5:00PM on Saturday, the reality is that  by 2:00PM vendors will be packing up and by 3:00PM some tables will be empty....

This is right on.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Think I'll save the 4-5 hours of drive time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  Think I'll save the 4-5 hours of drive time.

Ouch! There isn't a show in Wisconsin I would drive 4 hours to go to.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Remember, Tom Thumb prefers that you dry fire his weapons before you purchase them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Remember, Tom Thumb prefers that you dry fire his weapons before you purchase them.

He tells me that if you open the action it is used then. I say do that and they tell him you will pay the used price.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He tells me that if you open the action it is used then. I say do that and they tell him you will pay the used price.

Ever wonder why he doesn't carry 1911's ......lol...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Prices were pretty nuts.  Saw a SCAR for $5,500.  AR's pretty much $2k, a couple of $500 lowers.

I walked around with my Yugo underfolder for probably 15 minutes before I sold it for $1,300.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wondering how big the Green Bay show is compared to say Waukesha?  I figure prices to buy would be insane but I am considering making some room in the safe and parting with a few items.

I saw Palmetto stripped lowers for $649. Some reasonable prices, some very unreasonable prices.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
what was 5.56 ammo going for?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
what was 5.56 ammo going for?

I saw $320 on a 500 round box.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Not one person should have went....that would send a very good message.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top