Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2012 1:18:02 PM EDT
I will be moving from Colorado to Wisconsin the first of the year.  I know the weather will not permit at that time but are there any 3-Gun Matches held on a regular basis in or near Waukesha?  Also what are the best shooting ranges?  Any of them allow Class III like full auto, suppressors, SBR's and SBS's?  The indoor ranges here in CO will allow "anything" except armor piercing steel core ammo.  Any good indoor ranges there public or private clubs?

Thanks,

MadDog
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I live near Waukesha. Sadly I am not sure of a range that allows full auto as I don't need to ask

I know there are some 3 gun tournaments on the west side of the state, but nothing near Waukesha that I have found yet.

I would like to get into it, and be willing to travel a weekend to check one of the competitions out.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Fletchers in Waukesha allows pistol caliber SMG's in their indoor range. I don't think they allow any rifle calibers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The club in Oconomowoc will allow MG with some rules to their use that was recently passed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The club in Oconomowoc will allow MG with some rules to their use that was recently passed.

That's good news. Unfortunately there's a waiting list to join  (or they're not accepting any new applications), at least that's how it was a year or two ago.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats with all the arfcommers moving to WI lately?

Are we THAT cool??
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whats with all the arfcommers moving to WI lately?

Are we THAT cool??

Other than high taxes, free-er than most states if you ask me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:18:19 AM EDT
[#7]
There is one that floats around the Fox Valley.

The shotgun portion is a competition of equipment. The guys with the KSGs and Benellis with the magazine so long they could poke their targets over have the HUGE advantage.

I have found it near impossible to make up that reload time with a stock Benelli (M1 and 3 S90s), which I am very fast with.

My only save is when there is a movement portion where I can reload on the move. If that scenario does not exist, I can guarantee I won't place...

V
OUT
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
This site is usually kept fairly up to date with matches.  Link

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Racine is NFA friendly.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There is one that floats around the Fox Valley.

The shotgun portion is a competition of equipment. The guys with the KSGs and Benellis with the magazine so long they could poke their targets over have the HUGE advantage.

I have found it near impossible to make up that reload time with a stock Benelli (M1 and 3 S90s), which I am very fast with.

My only save is when there is a movement portion where I can reload on the move. If that scenario does not exist, I can guarantee I won't place...

V

OUT

V,

That is why I purchased an MKA1919 semi-auto shotty. It has the same ergos as an AR (same safety, mag release, & bolt hold open controls, with Magpul stock and grip) and uses 10 round box mags. If you can perform very fast AR mag changes then you can do the same with the MKA1919. I also like the fact that the feel is exactly the same as an AR.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I will be able to find some matches when the weather gets good.

MadDog

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
How many rounds do you have through that thing?  I RO'd Fallen Brethren and Texas Multi-gun and didn't see a single one of those make it through the match without a major hiccup.  Even the guys from Firebird Precision were having troubles and they were one of the first gunsmiths to start building them for 3 gun.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How many rounds do you have through that thing? I RO'd Fallen Brethren and Texas Multi-gun and didn't see a single one of those make it through the match without a major hiccup. Even the guys from Firebird Precision were having troubles and they were one of the first gunsmiths to start building them for 3 gun.

That is probably because most of the guys including Firebird try to add bushings or weaker springs so they can shoot crappy low powered Wallmart shells. Don't know why because the cost of the low powered crap is the same as stuff with a velocity of 1,300 fps and higher. I have used my MKA1919 in the last four 3-gun matches here in CO and have hade zero problems. Absolutely no FTF's of FTE's as long as the birdshot and slugs have a velocity of 1,300 fps or greater. Between the matches and practice, I have 600 rounds through it so far. I know that is not much but since it's performance has been 100% I expect it to stay that way as it breaks in. Recoil with heavy magnum loads is not a problem and even a pleasure to shoot because I have an Enidine Hydraulis Stock Tube installed. That is one of the advantages of this system being able to accept "any" AR platform stock.

MadDog
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad it's been working out for you.  I always hated the ergonomics of the Saiga's and thought the AR version would be pretty sweet if they were reliable.  I think the only Saiga I've seen make it through an entire match without a single hicupp is Kay Miculek's but then again she has a pretty good gunsmith (Jerry) working on hers!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing I know of close to Waukesha but if you dont mind the drive you would meet members in either Holmen (monthly) or Lodi.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Kuraki:

I don't mind driving a couple of hours one way. How far away from Waukesha are you talking about?

ETA:  Just looked it up on a map and Lodi is about 70 miles from Waukesha.  Any information on the club that shoots in Lodi or any contact informatin you can pass on???

MadDog
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kuraki:

I don't mind driving a couple of hours one way. How far away from Waukesha are you talking about?

ETA:  Just looked it up on a map and Lodi is about 70 miles from Waukesha.  Any information on the club that shoots in Lodi or any contact informatin you can pass on???

MadDog

One of the nicer (if pricey) clubs I've been to: http://www.wingunclub.org/  But you don't have to be a member to shoot matches.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]
A couple guys that I shoot IDPA with have been to 3-gun matches at Lodi and speak highly of the place. I may have to get over there next summer for a couple matches myself.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#18]
We have a 3gun steel and 3gun tactical shoots at daniel boone near holy hill area. its nothing crazy. but its fun!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#19]
cf7go:  I have not even moved yet so I am not familiar with the area.  Where or how far is Daniel Boone from Waukesha?

Thanks,

MadDog
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Daniel Boone is on the far east edge of Waukesha County.  Great club.  Used to be just a Fudd place but I've heard great things about it over the past several years.  Glad to hear they are having some 3 gun stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Racine is NFA friendly.

How so? Does the Sheriff or police Chief sign freely?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top