Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:51 PM EDT
Between this
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/468095_WI_concealed_weapon_application_tracker.html&page=35

and some of the various "Pay it Forward" or other threads where someone offers services like transfers or guns at $X over "my cost" for a discounted price?  Seems like they are a sale pitch same as this was considered.

Been a while since I read the rules but last I saw you had to be a site sponsor to offer commercial goods and services on AR15.com?

Has that changed or are exception made for some.  I can remember training threads being pulled when there was a non site sponsor offering a class particularly when this HTF was all gung ho for Defensive Edge.

And no I do not work for Gus' Guns.  No dog in this fight just curious.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Between this
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/468095_WI_concealed_weapon_application_tracker.html&page=35

and some of the various "Pay it Forward" or other threads where someone offers services like transfers or guns at $X over "my cost" for a discounted price?  Seems like they are a sale pitch same as this was considered.

Been a while since I read the rules but last I saw you had to be a site sponsor to offer commercial goods and services on AR15.com?

Has that changed or are exception made for some.  I can remember training threads being pulled when there was a non site sponsor offering a class particularly when this HTF was all gung ho for Defensive Edge.

Since I know this is directed at me.

The above posted thread is selling nor offering nothing.

The thread I made offering $x or "my cost" had prior approval from the powers that be here, before I posted it.

It is my understanding that a straight offer to sell something or a thread started as a direct offer of goods for $x is not allowed without prior approval.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Its not always about you Flamethrower...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ok sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok sorry.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes it is. (feed the paranoia!!!)
Note: not quite sure why the OP linked to the CCW Tracker thread. It has nothing to do with good deals on XX. Odd.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Between this

Maybe this is the thread in question?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/472868_Good_deal_on_ammo___9mm_and_5_56_plus__great_deals_on_CCW_pistols_at_Gus_s_Guns_in_Suamico__wi.html

Sorry, too tired to properly link on the iPad.

ETA: It appears the primary difference is that Todd seeked mod approval before posting his offers to the group. Not trying to stir the pot, but a thought on clarification.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
topic finished
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top