Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:09:03 AM EDT
**********CLASS IS FULL***********

Edited: 1-5-2012
Looks like the class has been booked solid and they are checking if they can add some more space but at this time it is full. They are hoping to plan another one at the same location in February.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. Has been putting on free CCL classes for a little while and I have been hesitant to post them here since they seem to fill so quickly, and I thought it was just fair WCI members and family get the first seats.

They have a slightly bigger location for this event ( 180 or so) and have around 80 signed up so far. This course is being put on by a volunteer instructor certified by WCI, in donated space. The training meets all the WI DOJ requirements to apply for a CCL. There is NO FEE for this class, but I encourage you to RSVP to make sure the class doesn't overbook.

There are other classes planned but have been filled up fast and many more are coming.  Unfortunately the ones near the large population centers fill rapidly so I haven't been able to post them here.

Edited to add: Just to be clear I am only a member of WCI and I am only giving my opinion and cannot speak for WCI or it's other members. As has been pointed out there may be a large amount of students vs instructors at this class, if your are uncomfortable with that and feel you need more one on one interaction this may not be the best class to attend. WCI is offering many FREE  classes around the state and most are in smaller venues which will allow more interaction between the student and instructor. If you do attend this class and feel that it didn't meet your needs, please seek out other training before you decide to carry a concealed handgun.

Also, If you really are new to owning or carrying a firearm I would urge you to not take this class or any other permit class as I feel they are just too basic in nature. I recommend getting personal instruction with lots of supervised live fire.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc has another FREE training class offered on January 14th 2012 in Elkhorn, Wi.

If you attend this 4 hour class before you leave you will receive a certificate that serves as "proof of training" that you then submit along with the DOJ application in order to receive your concealed carry license.

This class is open to the public!  Feel free to invite friends and family.

Class details:

4654 Briggs Rd, Elkhorn, WI 53121-4243

Date:
Saturday January 14th

Time:  Noon to 4pm (please arrive promptly or just before noon)

If you would like to attend this class please EMAIL an RSVP to:  ***Class is Full*** indicating your attendance and if you are bringing anyone else with so that we can get an approximate head-count.  Even if you do not RSVP walk-ins are welcome on the day of. Class is full

AS THIS IS A FREE CLASS WE ASK THAT YOU DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OUT EACH OF THE DOCUMENTS AT THIS LINK AND BRING THEM TO CLASS:  If you bring a friend make sure that each person attending has a copy of these documents printed out as well.

http://www.dwave.net/~phred/WCI_Downloads.html

Carry On,

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.wisconsincarry.org
[email protected]
www.facebook.com/groups/wisconsincarry
www.youtube.com/wisconsincarry
www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
VERY cool ... need to see if the wife is off so i can take her .. i have my CCW but she needs to get hers
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, this is very close. Wife needs her training so this works out great.

thanks a ton!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The instructor-student ratio is 180:1?  (Or even 80:1?)

Not impressed.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
180:1 would be terrible!  The class I took with my wife was about 40:1 and that was even a bit much, however, he handled it well and stuck around to answer questions until everyone was satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Already signed up with a buddy even though I already have my CCL.  Figured they do cover the law, and it would be worth hearing.  And for the low price of free, cant be beat!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info!  I'm talking to my dad about attending, hopefully it doesn't fill up too fast!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The instructor-student ratio is 180:1?  (Or even 80:1?)

I'm not sure if they will book all 180 seats or not, I just know that's capacity for the location. I also don't know how many instructors and/or assistants will be there.  Although I have yet to attend a WCI course, I'm confident that the course will be as good or better then the average out of state courses being offered right now, which also have a high instructor-student ratio.

I have updated my OP to ad a disclaimer.

Edit: I just saved some seats, I'm going to check it out myself even though its a far drive in my gas guzzler. I've already sat threw a few "permit" classes that sprung up after the law passed so the thought of sitting for four hours again sucks !    I'd go nuts if I had an office job I tell ya.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully they are able to figure out a February date.  Would be nice to go with the Mrs to get her started.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top