Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:54:22 PM EDT
Madison police said a man suspected of ripping up a petition to recall Gov. Scott Walker could face a felony charge.

Citizens soliciting recall signatures contacted Madison police about 10:30 a.m. Thursday after a man ripped up one of their petitions, according to the Madison Police Department.

Police said the citizens were holding signs and having vehicles pull over into a parking lane in the 800 block of Midvale Boulevard about 10 a.m. on Thursday.

Ray Blum was among those seeking signatures on Midvale Boulevard on Thursday.

"I've taken it upon myself to organize what I call drive-throughs," Blum said. "We choose our sites so that we don't block any businesses. We've collected over a thousand signatures, just our small group."

A driver in a red pickup truck was one of those who stopped. When the driver was given a petition to sign, he instead ripped up the document, police said.

Police said the man drove away, but petitioners were able to get a license plate number. He has not yet been located, police said.

"The person took the white sheet of paper was the signatures for recalling Gov. Walker (and) ripped it in half," Blum said. "And for anybody else that is intending on doing that, they have to realize that it is a Class I felony, and they are going to be punished for that."

Madison police said the destroyed petition contained three signatures. They said the crime falls under Chapter 12 of the Wisconsin Statutes: Prohibited Election Practices.

http://madisonnearwest.channel3000.com/news/news/61898-police-man-who-ripped-recall-petition-could-face-felony-charge

My sister lives downtown and said these people are setting up cones in traffic and stopping cars on public roads telling them to roll the window down and shove petitions in their face and tell them to sign. This makes me so mad its not even funny, The fact that this guy may now forever be a convicted felon for ripping up a piece of paper that was shoved in his face after these commies set up illegal checkpoints is beyond words. These people are not my neighbors, friends and countrymen, they are a disgusting leach on society. They hide behind rules and laws that benefit them at the same time breaking others.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
oh, the things that liberals do in the name of "righteousness" would never fly if the conservatives did it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Meanwhile the Dane County DA decided not to charge a woman who made death threats on Facebook... This state would be better off if we could just move the City of Madison to China where it belongs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe if the liberals weren't harassing people in their cars because they are butt hurt that elected government works both ways, this wouldn't happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top