Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2011 9:14:55 AM EDT
I want to thank you three for doing the majority of the work getting my new safe out of that guys house, in your truck and to my house. You know I couldn't have done it without you. Your help and friendship is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Tri-tips are on me guys, name the date!
And a few gratuitous pics of my "new" $100 safe.
Needs a good cleaning. Thanks again guys.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Clean her up with a little paint –– just like new:

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#2]
You have NO idea how much I love this picture. OH SO COOL!

Right click, save as... SWEET!
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy crap, was that picked up in Bay view?
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
$100? Really? That's a heck of a deal. I can tell from the photo that the lock on that safe is a LaGard 3300 Group II (at least the dial & ring are from a LaGard 3300) ... about $90 just for that lock when new. The plug on the inner door, directly behind the lock dial, is to access the lock for a combo change.

What is unusual is the hinges are on the left. About 99.9% of the safes I've ever seen have the hinges on the right... and I've been servicing safes for 25+ yrs. That is extremely rare. Is there a brand name on it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Holy crap, was that picked up in Bay view?

No. Garage sale where this guy died. His brother was selling everything off for cheap. His loss...

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

$100? Really? That's a heck of a deal. I can tell from the photo that the lock on that safe is a LaGard 3300 Group II (at least the dial & ring are from a LaGard 3300) ... about $90 just for that lock when new. The plug on the inner door, directly behind the lock dial, is to access the lock for a combo change.

What is unusual is the hinges are on the left. About 99.9% of the safes I've ever seen have the hinges on the right... and I've been servicing safes for 25+ yrs. That is extremely rare. Is there a brand name on it?

Could not find a brand name anywhere. My buddy Zan came over tonight to reset the numbers on it for me. He's been a locksmith forever also. And you're exactly right, that was the name on the locking mechanism inside. Very good eye! The guy sold it to me cheap because they didn't have the combo, but it was open. My buddy Zan fixed it for me for a nice tri-tip dinner and a few beers! WIN. He even offered me a lot more than I paid for it. Said I got the deal of the century! I am happy. My guns now have a safe place to sit and wait.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Huh for a minute I thought that picture was gonna be how you were gonna have Flame turn it into a Upright WSM...

Nice score!

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Huh for a minute I thought that picture was gonna be how you were gonna have Flame turn it into a Upright WSM...

Nice score!

I think he just might.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top