Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 6:42:31 AM EDT
Perhaps I am just getting old and crotchety, but what is the deal with all the different colored headlights out there? Isn't there a law about what color your headlights can be? Maybe I am part of the problem by using Silverstar Ultras on my truck, but I have a hard time seeing thing on country roads at night, but the are white lights.

So besides the standard white and white with a yellow hue, what colors have you seen out there?

I have seen; Blue, purple, and I shit you not green. I don't mean like a light shade of green. I mean like effing Christmas tree green. On a minivan no less.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw pink the other weekend, They were on a Ford F-150 with the words "Dynamic Firearms Solutions" on it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw pink the other weekend, They were on a Ford F-150 with the words "Dynamic Firearms Solutions" on it.

Well that's good it wasn't my truck. I will have to see who has a company name "similar" to mine.

A swing and a miss...........
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's good it wasn't my truck. I will have to see who has a company name "similar" to mine.

A swing and a miss...........

I added the "s" so you couldnt sue me
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of your website did you ever take down the Cav arms lower for sale?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Speaking of your website did you ever take down the Cav arms lower for sale?

Lost my password. Got a new one now so I will be doing a bunch of modifications and corrections to the site tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#6]
The really bright pure white lights are on expensive cars..

The yellow hues are on old cheap cars.

The blue hue ones are on cheap cars are trying to look expensive.

The green hue is from a packer fan who probably painted his whole car green.

And the pink is probably a new trend I haven't made up yet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I love the a-holes with aftermarket HID lamps that aren't aimed properly.

If I were the type, I would turn on all 4 of my Hella 100W halogen offroad lights to get their attention. But i'm not that type... cause they are for off road use only. Naturally.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a 97 chevy for a work truck now and they are a yellowish orange color.
Don't know if anyone has seen them yet as I can't see where the hell I'm going at night with them on!
Need to get new lenses I guess.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
flamethrower, I am just happy the oncoming car has headlights, so I can see them coming. Where I was raised we were so poor that even our rainbows were in black and white, so a little color doesn't affect me.

I am still wondering why some of these new cars are shipped without signal lights. Seems they should be standard equipment on the brand spankin new vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
flamethrower, I am just happy the oncoming car has headlights, so I can see them coming. Where I was raised we were so poor that even our rainbows were in black and white, so a little color doesn't affect me.

I am still wondering why some of these new cars are shipped without signal lights. Seems they should be standard equipment on the brand spankin new vehicles.

You and me both brother!

How I feel about the turn signal issue.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love the a-holes with aftermarket HID lamps that aren't aimed properly.

If I were the type, I would turn on all 4 of my Hella 100W halogen offroad lights to get their attention. But i'm not that type... cause they are for off road use only. Naturally.

I have heard of them also being handy for reminding people when they're high beams are on.  Or so I'm told, you know, internet rumors and all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Let's play the what color headlights have you seen game.

I saw a really nice pair of headlights last night.

They were white. Or maybe better described as peach in color. With a small darker colored ring in the middle.

Interesting feature, they change shape when it's cold out.

Got to try them out a bit.

I've seen only a couple other colors out there –– really not a wide range past two or three colors as far as I can tell –– but I generally prefer the lighter ones.

To each his own.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:57:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Google "Headlight Color Temp"

Anything over <~4500k will appear blue-purple, anything >~4500k will appear yellowish to someone looking from oncoming traffic.  To the driver, 5-6000k will appear to be "white" light, but to an outside observer the headlights will seem to have a blue tint.  Your Silverstars are ~4000k (4100 if they are the SS Ultra), while standard halogen lights end up being ~3100k.

You're welcome, crotchety old dude.

ETA the parts in blue.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#14]
The blue/purple headlights annoy the f*** out of me. And I also saw a LOT more of those than usual last night on my deliveries. I'd swear the blue/purple ones are delibrately misaligned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top