Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 3:13:00 PM EDT
Headed to the Keweenaw  1st time,  Any suggestions on places of interest?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Headed to the Keweenaw  1st time,  Any suggestions on places of interest?

Michigan house in Calumet has an excellant broiled lake trout dinner.
Check out the Brockway mountain drive on M26. If the trees are changing color it is very scenic.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Northwoods Sporting Goods in Hancock used to carry a few decent guns and some were a good price.
I picked up a stripped lower there a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
depending on which way you go, stop at Krupps near Twin Lakes. Best pasties i've found

Kaleva cafe in Hancock (right "downtown") has good breakfast food. As does the Hilltop in L'Anse, make sure to get a cinnamon role at the Hilltop.

This time of year's getting late for going to a beach, but the colors should be changing fairly soon. Take the 41/26 loop near Copper Harbor to see the water.

It's kind of morbid, but you could stop by what's left of the old Italian Hall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Hall_disaster).

Get a pickled egg at the Dog House. The Ambassador has great pizza and beverages. (downtown Houghton)

Not much for firearms stores that i can remember up there (I graduated from Tech in 2002).
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Keweenaw brewing company...KBC downtown Houghton
Quincy mine tour Hancock
Michigan house Calumet
Carmalitas Calumet
Calumet theatre tour Calumet
Fitzgeralds Eagle River...MI. not WI.
The Jampot between Eagle River and Eagle Harbor
Eagle Harbor Inn Eagle Harbor
Eagle Harbor litehouse tour Eagle Harbor
Brockway mountain
Harbor House Copper Harbor
Litehouse tour Copper Harbor go on Captain curt's tour
Ziks Bar Copper Harbor
Fort Wilkins Copper Harbor
Sunset cruise on the Isle Royal Queen ferry Copper Harbor
Estevant pines hike Copper Harbor
Keweenaw mountain lodge Copper Harbor
High rock bay Keweenaw point need's 4x4
Bear Belly bar Lac LaBelle
Beta Gris beach Lac LaBelle
Point Isabelle Lac LaBelle
The Gay Bar Gay MI
Delaware mine tour
And countless other interesting things. Been going there for 8 years & haven't seen it all yet. Copper Harbor has a pretty good website. If you're a beer drinker try the KBC Pick Axe Blonde ale  
PM if you need any more pointers and have a great time!
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Well its $1 burgers on Wednesdays. Oh, you meant the peninsula and not the bar in De Pere...my bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top