Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:11:46 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any local placees in SE WI that have reasonable prices on stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of any local placees in SE WI that have reasonable prices on stripped lowers?

I have yet to see a "reasonably" priced stripped lower at any fun store, or show. My last three have all been Spikes Tactical ($89) direct, or AIM Surplus ($69). The next best deal that I've found online are these Aero Percision lowers for $79.95 at www.surplusammo.com.

IMHO, It's probably worth your time and money to find and FFL to do the transfer and order somewhere online.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Dam Road Guns in Delavan.  I think I saw some Roggio Arsenal for $89.  Don't know anything about the quality of them.  He also used to have some Charles Daly's for about the same price. Of course, last time I checked with Mike @ Dam Road, they were transferring stripped lowers as pistols - so you get dinged for the handgun hot-line fee and 48-hr wait. Maybe he has been corrected since I asked him, and is now transferring them correctly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Right before the nobama craze began, BoomtoZoom would have decent prices on a varied selection of lowers. Those moved upwards and I have otherwise never found "a deal" anywhere around here, only online. I'm all for supporting the local folks but when it comes to a stripped lower of a known quality brand, it doesn't seem to make sense to spend a whole lot extra on it.

I bought one of the Aero Precision lowers from surplusammo when they had a $59 sale in the past year just to throw in the safe, it seems of decent quality and they have a good reputation. It took the place of a Spikes I had in there for the same reason and paired it with their dedicated .22 upper. Great deal at $59.

In one of the ARFCOM deals thread (link below), they have the Aero for $59.99 –– scroll down about halfway, it is Dan's sporting goods or something like that. I know nothing about them. I went through the process and put it in the cart, it reports $0.00 shipping to my zip code, so $59.99 total. I guess I am going to buy one and see if it is valid, seems too good to be true. I already have an idea what I am going to do with the one in the safe that I really shouldn't be spending the $ on, so I better get one on order.  Damn this disease thanks to all of you.  

Make sure to use a credit card with good customer service for disputes in case there are issues.

Here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=496750&page=6

I have unfortunately developed this habit of spending an inordinate amount of time tracking and checking for deals on parts and such!

By the way, the AR15.com lowers are on sale for $125 in the store but they can also be found for $99 in the same store via a certain link.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh and by the way, I've got an Aero Precision on sale for $109 after the WI HTF discount if you are looking.

Just kidding.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Check with Prebans. He has a bunch of lowers at a great price.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Check with Prebans. He has a bunch of lowers at a great price.

Ah yes, sorry, I completely forgot about that IM!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a S&W lower from Dam Road and they called it in for a rifle...Took it home same day !
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]
how much were they charging for the lower and the paperwork?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
$135.00 + Tax OTD
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$135.00 + Tax OTD

that's the same price I paid for a S&W lower there last April.... only the the dumbass insisted I had to go through a WI handgun background check (+$13) and 48 hour wait because in their words "the fed's said lowers have to be done this way".

Guess someone finally set them straight on exactly what the federal law is for stripped lowers.

ETA: Roggio lowers - run away, run away now!  they are on the same quality curve as Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorn
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$135.00 + Tax OTD

That's WAY too much for a stripped lower!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Uhm, I've got some that need your own finish (rattle can, duracoat, whatever) for 64.95 each, some cosmetic blems (finish swirls, etc.) for 69.95 each, and one with a US flag on the very front part of the mag well for 74.95.

No paperwork fees, but the state requires me to collect 5.6% sales tax.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhm, I've got some that need your own finish (rattle can, duracoat, whatever) for 64.95 each, some cosmetic blems (finish swirls, etc.) for 69.95 each, and one with a US flag on the very front part of the mag well for 74.95.

Mike

Now those are some sweet prices

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Now those are some sweet prices

I got into them inexpensively, so I try to sell them inexpensively.  No need to jack the prices into the upper $80s or whatever.

––––-

Had a few questions.  FYI, they are 100% in-spec and undamaged.  The blem is entirely in mis-applied finish.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Under $70 bucks out the door.  Sounds like a deal to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top