Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2010 4:20:45 AM EDT
Folks,

We are getting close to our Fort McCoy, WI shooting event which will be held September 10-12, 2010 at the military base Fort McCoy. We will be having a 100 meter handgun event, a mid-range rifle 100 meter to 500 meter and a long range event from 550 meters to 1,000 meters (1,100 yards Max).

This is our 4th event at Fort McCoy and we are working well with the staff. The civilian program that we initiated has grown some roots as well. As we speak the folks at Fort McCoy have been pouring concrete and getting the berm’s ready for the open to non-military range as well as the trap shooting range.  This a major step forward for the shooting sports and the folks of WI!

This is a result of a GREAT garrison commander who is a supporter of the shooting sports as well as 2 years of a successful pilot program with the NCSA, LTD. Bearing in mind prior to this program civilians were not allowed access to Fort McCoy this is good news for all!

The NCSA, LTD will continue to promote the shooting sports as well as working to open more place for civilian shooting. I hope to see a lot of folks at the Fort McCoy shooting event. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via phone or email.

Nick Mullet
[email protected]
330-674-3244

Regards,
The North Coast Shooters Team.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:08:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, that's also drill weekend! My old unit will be up there doing re-cert on all the crew served weapons. I could kill two birds with one stone and do all sorts of shooting! Thanks for the info.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the program nickmull!

Questions:

Are these events kind of an open shoot, are they competitions, or are they clinics?  Do the events run all three days (IE to participate you need to be there all three days?)

I see no cost, is it free?

Although it affects me MUCH less than many others on this board: are there any prohibited weapons, equipment or accessories (cans, class 3, 50 bmg, etc)?

Should we bring our own targets?

I assume everyone should bring their own grub?

That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

Again, thanks Nick!

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Folks,

We have a website you can check and all the questions can be answered there. It is a 3 day competition all 3 days are separate events. You can shoot which one you want to. It is all pop=up targets which will depending on the event range from 100 meters to 1,000 meters.

The website is northcoastshooters.com then go to the events menu

Call me for more information.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It'd be helpful if you could PDF those documents for those without MS Word.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't MS have a free Word Reader?  Check their website.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone going?  Was thinking about maybe checking it out one of the days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Well Folks,

The handgun event at 100 meters was completed yesterday and we will be doing the 100-500 meter today and Sunday it will be 550-1,000 meters all with pop-up targets at unknown random distance's.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, I wish I would have known earlier.

I'll have to keep my eyes open more!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top