Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 6:25:05 PM EDT
Thought I would pass this on –– saw it at Cabela's tonight –– I've already done it but feel ripped off now that I see the "deal".

Don't know this person or have first hand knowledge but the price is right.

Utah Concealed Firearm Non-Resident Permit (30 states)

At Cabela's (Richfield) on July 17th (Saturday)

From 9AM - Noon (Really???)

According to the website –– if you pre-pay you get a $10 Cabela's gift card.

It also says the price includes the fingerprinting, passport photos, photocopies and mailing package. This is why it seems like quite the deal and I feel ripped off running all around to do this stuff!!!

Again I have no experience with these folks so do your own research and your mileage may vary. I suspect it has to be decent enough with Cabela's hosting (in various states).

http://www.cfputah.com
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the flyer at Cabela's on Sunday and forgot about it until now.  It does seem like a good deal.  The website does mention that the fee does NOT include the actual application fee of $65.25
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, it's $80.

Details here:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/aboutus/retail-detail.jsp?detailedInformationURL=/cabelas/en/content/community/aboutus/retail/retail_stores/richfield/richfield.html

I'll be gone or I'd do it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I saw the flyer at Cabela's on Sunday and forgot about it until now. It does seem like a good deal. The website does mention that the fee does NOT include the actual application fee of $65.25

Correct, that is the check you include to pay Utah for five years.  I am unaware of any course that includes that.

I do wonder how they cover all the material in that time frame, will be interesting to hear an AAR.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
My Utah class only took a few hours. It was, by far, the most painful and mind numbing class I have ever endured. That is including 9 years of military training. The instructor I had SUCKED ROYALLY. Mind you, it was not through Cabelas.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Utah class only took a few hours. It was, by far, the most painful and mind numbing class I have ever endured.

I took this back in NY a few years ago. I was bored out of my mind as well and had a tough time staying awake since I took the class after working a 12hr night shift. All the instructors were required to cover was some basic firearms knowledge and some basics about the law in UT. They didn't even get that much into the law since every state is different in that respect. The longest parts were waiting in the "assembly line" to get my photo and fingerprints done. Then again at the end when everyone wanted to ask the instructors questions about laws pertaining to our own state.

I have UT, PA, and FL for my non-resident permits. The PA one was the easiest and cheapest one to get.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Good post! This is too good to pass up. I've been meaning to pull a non-res permit from somewhere for a while now and it's always been too much of a PITA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good post! This is too good to pass up. I've been meaning to pull a non-res permit from somewhere for a while now and it's always been too much of a PITA.

It's a helluva lot easier than you think (LINK)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top