Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 6:44:17 PM EDT
Last Thursday, my wife, son and I went to see the Brewers in Milwaukee. As we were entering the gates....somebody says, "SIR!! You can't bring that in here!"
Not knowing what he was talking about, I turned around to find a worker  pointing at the Spyderco clipped to my front right pocket. The same place it has been for 15 years.
Once I realized he was talking to me, and what he was referring to. I asked, "What do you suggest I do with it?"
Him: Can you put it in your car?
ME: I'd miss the first thre innings
Him: I can' let you take it in
Me: What am I going to do with it?
Him: Maybe you could hide it in the bushes
ME: It's a 60.00 knife. Is there someplace I can check it in, and pick it up after the game?
Him: I don't care what you do with it, but you cannot bring it in here.

So...I put it in my shoe, and went in a different gate.

WTF is up with not being able to bring a pocket knife in?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Last Thursday, my wife, son and I went to see the Brewers in Milwaukee. As we were entering the gates....somebody says, "SIR!! You can't bring that in here!"
Not knowing what he was talking about, I turned around to find a worker  pointing at the Spyderco clipped to my front right pocket. The same place it has been for 15 years.
Once I realized he was talking to me, and what he was referring to. I asked, "What do you suggest I do with it?"
ME: It's a 60.00 knife. Is there someplace I can check it in, and pick it up after the game?

The rule is stupid, but their level of security is even more stupid.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Last game I went to, I had my S&W knife clipped in my right front pocket and my SOG in my left. Never got hassled.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my Spydercos.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I was at that same game!!!

I too had my $150 Paul folder clipped to my pocket, at about the Hank statue I remembered I had it. Clipped it off and slid it into my pocket. No one was the wiser.

-JTP
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
a few weeks ago, I went to a brewers game.  I had my Kershaw Ken Onion clipped to my pocket.
I saw security before they saw me at the gate, and was able to keep my arm over the clip.  
It also helps that the clip is black, and is harder to spot on dark jeans.

fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I was at a game a little over a month ago and my brother in law picked up his tickets from the booth....we were walking in and our tickets wouldn't scan....they made us go get different ones...after we just picked them up.

Around the 6th inning or so, my wife decides to remember her medication she left in the car.  I proceed to leave the stadium with my ticket stub in hand.  As I'm walking outside the stadium to the car, I notice the signs that say no re-entry.   DOH!  Fortuneately, the guy at the turnstile believed me and let me back in.

......ooooohhhhh, and as long as we're sharing Brewers stories.....I got to run in the sausage race once....and won!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was at a game a little over a month ago and my brother in law picked up his tickets from the booth....we were walking in and our tickets wouldn't scan....they made us go get different ones...after we just picked them up.

Around the 6th inning or so, my wife decides to remember her medication she left in the car.  I proceed to leave the stadium with my ticket stub in hand.  As I'm walking outside the stadium to the car, I notice the signs that say no re-entry.   DOH!  Fortuneately, the guy at the turnstile believed me and let me back in.

......ooooohhhhh, and as long as we're sharing Brewers stories.....I got to run in the sausage race once....and won!

You better have been the Italian.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, I was!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I was at a brewers game, I got upper deck seats. Got violently sick and on my exodus to the bathroom, I spewed heading down the very steep steps. I think I coated 5 or 6 people
. Think that was 93 or 94.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top