Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2009 4:50:27 AM EDT
Seen one coming to Mil area June 15th.  If you're interested in teh UT permit, this is the class to take.  I highly recommend Mr Horvick, and it's a lot more affordable than the rest of the class givers in the area.  Hell, I went to Des Moines to do my class, save yourself hours of driving.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a link or name of where I could get more info.

I`ve been thinking about doing a cc class but I rarely leave the state so i`m not sure it would be worth it.

If WI ever does pass CC will this class fulfill the class requirement or will I have to take another.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I`ve been thinking about doing a cc class but I rarely leave the state so i`m not sure it would be worth it.

If WI ever does pass CC will this class fulfill the class requirement or will I have to take another.

It depends upon how the law is written but I wouldn't necessarily count on it out of the gates.  Reciprocity between states usually does not always happen right away as lawmakers want to take the more cautious approach.  However, Utah I believe is the most excepted program in the country having reciprocity allowing you to CCW in 30 states.  The class I took mentioned that if WI does not allow reciprocity with Utah, they would be open to the idea of allowing previous class attendees to take the WI class first.  The reciprocity with Utah would be something to try and get in the future legislation as I it was not included in the last one that Doyle vetoed a few years back.

Even though you don't leave the state it was a very informative class and I came away with a more complete knowledge of the consequences and responsibilities for CCW / my actions when out and about even in home defense situations.  I took my class with PPA-WI in Waukesha at Michael Bender and his wife do an excellent job.

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How about details, Where, When, and how much?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No it would not.  From the instructors who I deal with, it would just be a relatively short update on the WI differences.  They would not charge you full price if you have already taken the MN/Utah class from them recently.

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 3:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Check teh training thread near the top of the WI htf page, that'll give you links to Horvick.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#6]
wow the details are outstanding. for anyone that doesn't feel like searching

June:

15th–– shootingsafely.com-Utah Concealed Weapons Permit class- Germantown, Wi–– Cost Individuals $100 (or $175 for couples).
There are two sessions (you attend just one): 12:45-4:45pm, and 5:45-9:45pm.  Pre-registration is requested. Contact- Paul Horvick, 218-234-6001; or by e-mail to:   [email protected] or visit our website at http://shootingsafely.com
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for posting this. I am planning on attending.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll also be going to the 5:45pm class on the 15th. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]
For those of you wondering about timelines, I sent my app. in late Feb, got my permit last weekish.  As a side note, sent my FL one same time, still nothing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Mister PX, Did you take the course through this same guy?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, which is why I reccomend it.  Cheaper than the others in the area, Pat works you through the form, and the class doesn't soak up your whole day.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, which is why I reccomend it.  Cheaper than the others in the area, Pat works you through the form, and the class doesn't soak up your whole day.

Thanks for having taken the class....oh, it is Paul, not Pat.....  :)
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry about the name.  But hey, you could introduce yourself as Punjab, and it's still a good class.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:54:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I am bringing this back to the top so everyone can see it one more time. Paul e-mailed me last night. The evening class only has 2 participants at this time. Is anyone else interested?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am bringing this back to the top so everyone can see it one more time. Paul e-mailed me last night. The evening class only has 2 participants at this time. Is anyone else interested?

I can't believe there aren't more people interested. I'm just glad Paul is still going to do the class, it hardly seems worth his time to come up here for only a couple people.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes..small group....great fun!  Not everything a person does needs to be based upon sound business principles!  Sometimes you do things just because you can meet some new folks and have a good time....and I did!  Thanks...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:48:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I just gotta say that I better not read about people looking for a UT ccw instructor, or asking why the locals charge so much anytime soon.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#18]
One final Thanks to Paul for teaching the class last night. I enjoyed the time spent with him. I agree that it would seem more people should be interested in this. I am going to actively promote Paul's class to some of the larger sport shops in the area. There has to be more people that want this!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree, it was a good class, I learned some things and Paul had some good stories as well. It's a shame only a couple of us were able to make it out there. Thanks Paul for putting on the class with such a low turnout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top