BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:42:44 PM EDT
I got my card today

July 18th, 2008

Any Glock in a standard 9MM, 40, 357 is $405

Any Glock in a standard 45 or 10mm is $475

Any Glock pistol purchase includes a Glock pistol bag.

Thought I would share. Wish I had the money for my own 19
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind. Found my answer. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $419 for my G19 from badger.I have a 45 Xd that rocks!
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
thx
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'll be there.

Have to get back to Milwaukee by noon though, seeing The Dark Night at South Shore.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know how they can do this when regular dealer cost is $440 and Glock has MAP pricing?  Are they supposed to be for LEO only?
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
When they say "ANY glock in 9mm", does that include one with factory night sites?  If not, anyone know how much extra it would be to get night sites?
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone know how they can do this when regular dealer cost is $440 and Glock has MAP pricing?  Are they supposed to be for LEO only?

They are a Glock LEO supplier, they don't get them from the regular distributors. They don't follow the same pricing. Yes, they can sell to general public at times at this price. I think just this once a year.

Glock doesn't have MAP pricing to consumers, just distributors. So a shop can charge as much as they want for them. Hence GM selling new 17's for $600!!! Sig on the otherhand is true MAP pricing if you are an Authorized Sig Dealer. They specify how much you can sell them for.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn.  It would be when I'm outta town.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Like you need another glock to abuse
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Mac me some shit
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
You'll have to call them on the Glock night sites.  I'm probably going to head down there because they usually have an armorer onsite that will install night sites for free.  I still need to see if they have meps.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#12]
dont know if ill buy another glock, but ill be there. I was so happy to hear that glock days would be falling on a day that i was home on leave.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are a Glock LEO supplier, they don't get them from the regular distributors. They don't follow the same pricing. Yes, they can sell to general public at times at this price. I think just this once a year.

Glock doesn't have MAP pricing to consumers, just distributors. So a shop can charge as much as they want for them. Hence GM selling new 17's for $600!!! Sig on the otherhand is true MAP pricing if you are an Authorized Sig Dealer. They specify how much you can sell them for.

Glock DOES have Minimum Advertised Pricing for dealers.  The program is enforced through distributors such as RSR/Acusport/etc.  I did not see anything on Streichers website about the sale and pricing so that must be how they get away with it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
When they say "ANY glock in 9mm", does that include one with factory night sites?  If not, anyone know how much extra it would be to get night sites?

My post card said it was another $70 for Trijicons.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock DOES have Minimum Advertised Pricing for dealers.  The program is enforced through distributors such as RSR/Acusport/etc.  I did not see anything on Streichers website about the sale and pricing so that must be how they get away with it.

There is no way a distributor such as RSR is going to check and keep up on what dealers  who buy from them are selling Glocks for. They'd have to have an entire department dedicated to just that. it's not worth their time or money to do that.

Plus Sigs info comes from working in the business so to speak, I do believe he knows of what he speaks......
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no way a distributor such as RSR is going to check and keep up on what dealers  who buy from them are selling Glocks for. They'd have to have an entire department dedicated to just that. it's not worth their time or money to do that.

Plus Sigs info comes from working in the business so to speak, I do believe he knows of what he speaks......
+1
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I called yesterday and was informed they will have someone onsite to install sights.  Meps are normally $89.99 but he said they would be on sale but wasn't sure the sale price yet.  I'll be there getting them installed on my Glocks.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm heading down there over lunch.  I'll be the ugly guy wearing a blue button down and dark dress pants.  

My wife said I'd be kicked out of the house if I come home with another gun...good thing she didn't say anything about accessories!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:04:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Leaving madison............right............now.

My first new Glock!!! YEAH FOR ME!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:20:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know for a fact that Glock does make their Distributors (RSR included) police dealers advertising below MAP.  I also know that Glock has temporarily cut off distributors in order to make them enforce MAP.  I also work in the industry.  Ever notice how most websites with Glock handguns at good prices make you call or email for price?  That is Glock MAP in action.  I know dealers can sell at any price they want the issue is advertising.  Local shops usually fly under the radar but large online companies are policed about MAP regularly.  Not just Glock either.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know for a fact that Glock does make their Distributors (RSR included) police dealers advertising below MAP.  I also know that Glock has temporarily cut off distributors in order to make them enforce MAP.  I also work in the industry.  Ever notice how most websites with Glock handguns at good prices make you call or email for price?  That is Glock MAP in action.  I know dealers can sell at any price they want the issue is advertising.  Local shops usually fly under the radar but large online companies are policed about MAP regularly.  Not just Glock either.

Well if you are in the "industry" then you would know that Streichers is a LEO Glock dealer. And if you knew anything about a Glock LEO dealer you would know that they don't obtain their firearms from RSR, Acusport, SportSouth... ect. The price of $440 is just that, for a REGULAR STOCKING DEALER price. Myself being in the "Industry" and also being a Glock LEO Dealer, I can tell you that we do not pay the $440 for LEO guns....

Also what Glock does is not MAP pricing. Map pricing is where the manufacturer tells you what you can sell their items for. Example is SigSauer, Mathews bows, etc.... Glock decided to make everything one price from the distributors, for stocking dealers. This was to decrease the number of low-ball sellers on the internet. What it did was level the playing field for everyone. After transfer fees, and shipping you are around what logical price would be in a local shop. I don't understand why GM is so over priced.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well if you are in the "industry" then you would know that Streichers is a LEO Glock dealer. And if you knew anything about a Glock LEO dealer you would know that they don't obtain their firearms from RSR, Acusport, SportSouth... ect. The price of $440 is just that, for a REGULAR STOCKING DEALER price. Myself being in the "Industry" and also being a Glock LEO Dealer, I can tell you that we do not pay the $440 for LEO guns....

Also what Glock does is not MAP pricing. Map pricing is where the manufacturer tells you what you can sell their items for. Example is SigSauer, Mathews bows, etc.... Glock decided to make everything one price from the distributors, for stocking dealers. This was to decrease the number of low-ball sellers on the internet. What it did was level the playing field for everyone. After transfer fees, and shipping you are around what logical price would be in a local shop. I don't understand why GM is so over priced.

I am not trying to start a Pissing contest and I do know a few things Glocks LEO program as well as their Stocking Dealer program.  I know Glock's LEO program offers pistols substatially under the $440 minimum that distributors charge.  I know Glock's LEO program is territorial ie. Streichers has this area, Davidsons has some area out west , etc.  I know for a fact that Glock will  force Distributors to enforce MAP pricing as I have seen ditributors cut off until they deal with a particular FFL.  This generally only happens when you piss Glock off.  

Out of curiosity is Federal excise tax included in LEO program guns?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not trying to start a Pissing contest and I do know a few things Glocks LEO program as well as their Stocking Dealer program.  I know Glock's LEO program offers pistols substatially under the $440 minimum that distributors charge.  I know Glock's LEO program is territorial ie. Streichers has this area, Davidsons has some area out west , etc.  I know for a fact that Glock will  force Distributors to enforce MAP pricing as I have seen ditributors cut off until they deal with a particular FFL.  This generally only happens when you piss Glock off.  

Out of curiosity is Federal excise tax included in LEO program guns?

Their is now another LEO Glock Dealer in Racine. Shooters Sports Center is now one as well.

I do believe the tax is included. LE also still has to fill out a 4473 if they have letterhead, they just exempt from Wisconsin check and the 48 hour wait.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Guess who just got back from Streichers??!!  

Awesome people to deal with. Outstanding.

Purchased today:

Glock 17
Extra Hi-cap mag
Night Sights (installed)
New belt for holster / mag holder
Streicher Range bag (rep's used bag)
Two pair shorts

Total price just under $565.00

Thrown in free:
2-Glock Hats
2-511 gear hats
Glock pins
Glock Pistol Armorers Mat
Glock Range bag (had to ask for it)
Glock Stickers
Misc junk

Whole morning with my 14 y.o. daughter in a gun shop.... Priceless!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Was there with a friend of mine this morning just before 9AM; She bought a G19 for around $439 after tax.  I just got one myself a few months ago...wish I would of known about this deal then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Just had some mepro's installed on my 26 and ordered my second 17.....but green frame!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I was there at lunch.  My buddy bought a G23 with Trijicons.  
I had Meps put on one of my mine.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Was there with a friend of mine this morning just before 9AM; She bought a G19 for around $439 after tax.  I just got one myself a few months ago...wish I would of known about this deal then.

We must have bumped into each other, I got there about 8:40. Big guy in a bright yellow shirt.... left about 10 or so.

I started out just buying a 17. Then things just started adding up. Didn't think I'd get a better deal on mags or night sights. Oh well...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
We must have bumped into each other, I got there about 8:40. Big guy in a bright yellow shirt.... left about 10 or so.

I started out just buying a 17. Then things just started adding up. Didn't think I'd get a better deal on mags or night sights. Oh well...

I think you were right in front of us in line, as you mentioned you bringing your daughter, who I saw, and I think you said something to the salesman about seeing the deals on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I picked up a Glock 17, great price. This is not my first gun from Streicher's. Got to watch them though, and they tick me off in some small way almost every time I go there. Like last year when I bought a model 19, after paying they tell me it is on backorder. Next week, next week, next week, then the sales guy lets it slip to me on the phone when I call to check status that the background check is only good for a month and if it goes over 30 days, they intend to make me pay another $13. I got it on about the 28th day.

This year the buddy I went with bought a G27, same thing. They ring it up telling him they got one left, after he paid for it, they tell him it is on backorder. I bring up the 30 days and they will make you pay for another background check and three employees have three different opinions on if he has to pay for the background check today, if he will have to pay today and again if they go over 30 days, etc... I paid the $439 +change for my G17 in cash, and stop before I leave as my receipt only indicates I paid the $13.00 Background check. Asking the girl who rung the sale up, "no that's all you get". I had to go to the man in charge to get a receipt showing I was paid up.

I asked for the Glock bag the card says was free, I am told they didn't get any in, I see here Unique 1 got when for asking. Nice price on the Glock, but apparently it is tough getting good help. They will work with you on stuff, but you got to be careful who you talk to.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I didn't see any of the bags being handed out.  Most people got their choice of a hat or mat.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I picked up a Glock 17, great price. This is not my first gun from Streicher's. Got to watch them though, and they tick me off in some small way almost every time I go there. Like last year when I bought a model 19, after paying they tell me it is on backorder. Next week, next week, next week, then the sales guy lets it slip to me on the phone when I call to check status that the background check is only good for a month and if it goes over 30 days, they intend to make me pay another $13. I got it on about the 28th day.

This year the buddy I went with bought a G27, same thing. They ring it up telling him they got one left, after he paid for it, they tell him it is on backorder. I bring up the 30 days and they will make you pay for another background check and three employees have three different opinions on if he has to pay for the background check today, if he will have to pay today and again if they go over 30 days, etc... I paid the $439 +change for my G17 in cash, and stop before I leave as my receipt only indicates I paid the $13.00 Background check. Asking the girl who rung the sale up, "no that's all you get". I had to go to the man in charge to get a receipt showing I was paid up.

I asked for the Glock bag the card says was free, I am told they didn't get any in, I see here Unique 1 got when for asking. Nice price on the Glock, but apparently it is tough getting good help. They will work with you on stuff, but you got to be careful who you talk to.

I didn't have one tiny bit of a problem.

Lucky?

They did give me the hat and mat, and I asked about the bag.. the guy walked in back and grabbed one. The two Glock Armorers asked where he got it, he said "private stock" and laughed... I guess it paid to be one of the first in line.

I made sure and put my hand on the 17 I was getting. Wrote down the serial number also. The guy asked why I was doing that. I told him, just want to make sure I get what I paid for.

I have nothing negative to say about my morning over there. outstanding service, and three or four really good deals.

Christmas is tomorrow, I get my first Glock! (AND ordering my first M4!)  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
They did give me the hat and mat, and I asked about the bag.. the guy walked in back and grabbed one. The two Glock Armorers asked where he got it, he said "private stock" and laughed... I guess it paid to be one of the first in line.

Definitely was behind you then, as I remember this exchange.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#35]
This is the only bummer about buying at Streichers... leaving my house at 730 am to get there when they open to pick it up... BUT, Im getting my Glock today!

Yeah!

ETA: I got it! Sweet little pistol! Oh, and the owner gave me two more hats, and fridays sale price on a new holster!

STREICHERS ROCKS!!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top