Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 4:31:05 AM EDT
i would like to know how one would go about obtaining a silencer in the state wi?  a link or advice would be great thanks!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to go through a Class III dealer in NFA items. A Form 4 will need to be filled out and you can either do it as an individual which means fingerprints, CLEO signoff and a 2x2 photo on the form printed off, or as a Corporation or Trust which do not require fingerprints or CLEO signoff as they are not individuals persay.

Go to the Armory section here and go down to the NFA section. Threads there will provide further information to help.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#2]
And suppressor would be a more exact, educated, and refined term.

They aren't truly "Silenced."

People see silencers as evil, whereas a suppressor is unknown to them. Semantics....
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if someone in Brown County will sign off for something like this?  Is it worth my time even looking in to.  I have thought about it before, but I don't know if it was even possible.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if someone in Brown County will sign off for something like this?  Is it worth my time even looking in to.  I have thought about it before, but I don't know if it was even possible.

Well I know a guy that works for Brown County Sherriff dept, wanted a Class 3 toy. Sheriff was going to make him go through all kinds of hoops for the sign.

TRUST, Thats how I got my can..... Never even talked to the Sheriff after I saw What a guy with over a decade on the force was expected to go through. Didn't really see the point

Send me an email if you want , I will splin it all for you   Or email GreenO, He is a mnaufacturer down in Waukesha county, And a damned fine guy who makes damned fine cans.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone ever get any NFA toys signed off in Ozaukee?  Eventually I plan to get an Ops Inc can to finish off one of my builds, and then if that goes well hopefully a few SBR's.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone ever get any NFA toys signed off in Ozaukee?  Eventually I plan to get an Ops Inc can to finish off one of my builds, and then if that goes well hopefully a few SBR's.

Go trust or corp. Best way to do it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm only 23, looked into it once already, got confused quickly, way over my head.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm only 23, looked into it once already, got confused quickly, way over my head.

Go to the NFA section of the board and there is a FAQ on how to set up a trust.
Or go talk to an NFA dealer and they should be able to explain it to you. Trust is a bit easier then corp(less paperwork in the end)
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah just doing some research on legal zoom, problem is being that I'm only 23 with no kids and the youngest in my family I can't figure out any successor trustee's.  Do friends work?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah just doing some research on legal zoom, problem is being that I'm only 23 with no kids and the youngest in my family I can't figure out any successor trustee's.  Do friends work?

fuck legal zoom just get quicken willmaker off ebay for 10 bucks. It tells your what you need to do. It's pretty damn simple. If you have the ability to use a crayon and stay in the lines you're golden.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah just looked at willmaker.  When the time comes I'll just go that route.

Though I've never been much of a artist.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
do the trust route...
why?
because you SHOULD NOT have to ask for permission from ANYONE to purchase something that is legal in your state.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
do the trust route...
why?
because you SHOULD NOT have to ask for permission from ANYONE to purchase something that is legal in your state.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top