Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 8:26:35 PM EDT
c'mon, what the heck are they thinking? All these stupid rushing moves, penalties, all kinds of dumb s***

We lost to the bears, dammit!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The game was fixed. No other explanation. How else do you call the bears for 12 men on the field and then "after further review" find that they never had 12 men on the field? Hell, I was at the game and I saw it from the end zone.
The ref threw the flag, number 71 (or possibly 91) ran off the field after I had counted 12 men on the field. (One of my co-workers watched the game and said Madden had all 12 circled)
After challenging the spot of the ball that gave the bears a first down, the refs respotted  the ball, gave them the first down and then charged us a time out.
Much of what happened, happened after our center got poked in the eye and had to leave the game. (How convenient)

All that being said, we sure didn't help matters any. Fumbles in the first half, and Phil Bengston/Dan Devine play calling in the second half. (Especially the fourth quarter) (Run, run, run, punt for those of you not familiar with Phil Bengston and Dan Devine. They were coaches back in the late 60's/early 70's)
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
DITTO

Game was fixed.

See the link on betting on the Pack
www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007710060535
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
all i can say is the bears wanted it alittle more than the pack....the best team took home the victory..... & I AM A Packer fan.....   the pack screwed up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Packer games are getting just like WWE wrestling. If you watch for a while you will actually start looking for the momentum to swing after a certain point, and it is starting to happen at Packer games.
One of the guys I work with watched the game on tv, and supposedly John Madden came right out and said after some particularly bad call "that if I didn't know any better, I'd think the game was fixed", or some such thing. When it is that bad, it is really bad.
Plus it just so happened that right about the time of the Bears rally (and the Packers' falling flat on their face) that Packer's center Scott Wells had to leave the game. It turns out that he was "poked" in the eye hard enough to break the bone around his eye socket. How does that happen without someone breaking their fingers?

It seems the only way to win is to be so dominant in all aspects of the game that it isn't even close, and to not give the ref's any chance to take control of the game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top