Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 9:32:03 PM EDT
One dead lock. REst of the charges not guilty. Cops have been holding a 2 hour press conference. Apologising and i think Trying to head off any possible riot. The jury was all white. That may not be good.

Everything property wise is locked down. My car is even in teh dead guys garage across the street. He would understand. ( worked good for the hail the other night.)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Lock and load Milwaukee.  Who thinks that the people of milwaukee are going to roit.  

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/topstories/story_2232.asp

Officers Not Guilty in Jude Trial

MILWAUKEE - All three officers in the Frank Jude Jr. case were found not guilty tonight.  Jon Bartlett, Daniel Masarik and Andrew Spengler were accused of brutally beating of Frank Jude, Jr. outside a house party in Bay View in October of 2004.

Meantime, several dozen people rallied outside the Milwaukee County Courthouse in support of a "guilty" verdict for the men. "That was a hate crime and we all know it," said Milwaukee alderman Michael McGee, Jr. Jude's father was among those in attendance. He desperately wants someone to pay for what happened to his son. "That boy is hurt for life. That boy is scarred for life," said Frank Jude, Sr.

Police in riot gear were deployed outside the Milwaukee County Courthouse about an hour before the verdict was read.  They will continue to stand by the Courthouse until all the jurors have left for the evening.   The NAACP held a meeting yesterday to urge calm in the community after the verdict was released.  Local leaders are also urging peaceful protests tonight.

Steve Kohn, lawyer for Danial Maserik says whoever beat up Jude should be put on trial.  He added that his client is not reponsible for the brutal beating.  He says, investigaters need to take a hard look at witnesses in the case.  District Attorney, E. Michael McCann has said throughout the trial that a lack of cooperation by witnesses at the scene of the crime had delayed the case from the beginning.

In a press conference held Friday night at the County Courthouse, McCann said this, "It was a despicable, vicious, cowardly act where a large number of men attacked an individual."  He added that "it happened.  This isn't the case of it not happening.  We did not convince the jury that these were the individuals responsible."

McCann did say that there is a chance Federal charges may be filed against the three former officers.  He noted that he has spoken with U.S. Attorney Biscupic about the possibility of this outcome.  McCann stated that new charges now lie in his hands.  

Frank Jude Jr. was not in the courthouse when the verdict was read Friday evening.  He is currently serving prison time in Oshkosh.  Jude's family was present throughout the trial including Friday night when the verdict was released.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett spoke to the press early Saturday morning.  Barrett says this has been a "long and troubling night for our communtiy."  He is "absolutely shocked an outraged" with the verdict.  The mayor added, "the truth is the truth, it has to be spoken regardless of the consequences.  He stated that he shares "in the shock and disappointment in the community."  He emphasized that his "biggest concern is violence in the city."  Hagerty stressed to "keep in mind this was an off-duty incident, this is not what the department is about."

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Michael McGee race baiting 1

“Black men are an endangered species,” McGee Jr. said. 
“You have to protect endangered species.  
There is no other ethnic group or person in the world
than the black man in America who is losing their life at the rate we’re losing our lives.”

Articulately stated as McGee was urging legislation that would add ten years to murder sentences if the victim is black.

Michael McGee race baiting 2

Michael McGee doesn’t want to talk about a 36-year-old elected official 
standing in a darkened parking lot screaming “F—You for calling the police.”
Or berating police with “Do you know who the F--- I am?”

Instead, he Milwaukee alderman wants to make last week’s episode a tale of
suburban intolerance, an example of racial profiling, of being busted for “driving while black.”

McGees behavior when the police were summoned by a black employee of a Blockbuster video who though he was suspiciously hanging out in the parking lot after the store had closed.

Michael McGee race baiting 3

McGee subjects mulatto honor students, who won a trip to a tolerance event, to hours of racist propaganda.
McGee then lements not kicking the ass of the Sen. Tim Carpenter, who McGee publicly derided as a 'faggot.'
Finally, McGee accuses the 17 year old honor students of being lesbians.
(I think this was an opening salvo in an attempt to fuck them.)

Michael McGee Stop Snitching

McGee endorsing 'Stop-Snitching' in the black community, and then defending the premise of non-coopoeration with law enforcement as misunderstood.

From his bio

Prior to his election, Alderman McGee served as an academic advisor at UW-Milwaukee.
...  graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a bachelor's degree in political science.
... served as a recreation coordinator and youth coach in wrestling and basketball.

So much for the quality of an undergrad degree from UW-Mil, eh?
With leadership like this taking an active roll in the community's children's activities it'll be a wonder if we DON'T have rioting.

I'm not afraid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
This verdict + nice weather = Could be an interesting night in Milwaukee.  Keep your heads down and eyes and ears open.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Jude is half white, where is all the outcry from the whites!!!  From personal experience, Frank Jude is a piece of crap and has been in and out of my jail numerous times.  While not condoning the beating he received (although a long time coming), there are some things you still don't do.  I (being white) would not go on an indian reservation to a bar by myself because I would get/ expect to get my ass kicked.  A milato showing up with two white chicks to a cop party on the south side is asking for trouble and thats just reality.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I see they were protesting today.  Must have took the holiday off if that tells you how important the matter is to those choosing to protest.  Guess we will have to wait and see what happens as the week and nice weather proceede.  

Heard on the news the inner city community want justice and think the verdict was unfair.  One person said they want this fixed or the community will not respect the police in the inner city.  When did they start?  With their no snitch policy and blatent lack of respect to all (this includes the great son of TIRE FIRE McGee) He is one of the biggest problem they have.  I thought he was supposed to be a leader and person unity not a person who divides and stokes the fire, guess it runs in the family  

The new line "An exorcism of racism"  Just heard it on the news.  They could learn alot from their own statements.

You all know what I say on matters like these

The best lessons in life are usally the hardest learned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A milato showing up with two white chicks to a cop party on the south side is asking for trouble and thats just reality.  

So... you are saying that south side cops really are racist and that minorities should fear them because it is just a fact of life?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
No man, there are a ton of great cops out there.  I don't have a problem with Jude getting pulverized because he is a lawbreaking pos who received an asskicking that was a long time coming.  Go on CCAP and look up his record.  It is quite extensive and he is in jail right now for chocking his white trash mom.  The cops most likely recognized him from a previous arrest, add liquor to the equation and look what happens.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top