Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 9:37:26 AM EDT
Sully has a home and personal defense class on 8-9 July, and a gunfighting while protecting others class on 9-10 Sept, both in Princeton MN.

Any of the WI crew interested in a road trip? There's a decent hotel nearby, we could make a weekend of it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What the heck? If you don't check every day for changes in the calender on the DETC site I guess you miss out. I have been waiting for the calender to come out and now the class I have been waiting to tell people about is at the end of the month???? I guess they are going to miss it, for a whole year again.

What's with no classes at DRC?

I will admidt it has been a couple of weeks since I checked, but it has not been horribly long.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What the heck? If you don't check every day for changes in the calender on the DETC site I guess you miss out. I have been waiting for the calender to come out and now the class I have been waiting to tell people about is at the end of the month???? I guess they are going to miss it, for a whole year again.

I will admidt it has been a couple of weeks since I checked, but it has not been horribly long.

FT: Most of what's on the schedule right now has been available for 11 weeks here (I'm not sure about the calendar on their site).

TT: July probably won't be doable for me, as I'm planning a road trip to Yeager's for the expensive  HRCC Med course later that month.  September will be out because of work, that I can tell you right now with nothing on my schedule.

Driftless has hosted 3 since Jan 1, and there are still open dates for the fall...  

Edit:  Today makes 11 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FT: Most of what's on the schedule right now has been available for 11 weeks here (I'm not sure about the calendar on their site).

TT: July probably won't be doable for me, as I'm planning a road trip to Yeager's for the expensive  HRCC Med course later that month.  September will be out because of work, that I can tell you right now with nothing on my schedule.

Driftless has hosted 3 since Jan 1, and there are still open dates for the fall...  

Edit:  Today makes 11 weeks.

I must have missed it completely then. I posted in that thread after the last "edited" date and I never saw it at all. I would have informed those who were interested. Now it is just to late.

I got the impression that DRC was going to host another tactical pistol and carbine rifle this year. Or, am I just smoking crack again?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I could see a Road trip up to Sully's AO for a weekend late summer/Early fall
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]
September class would work for me.  July one is on the weekend we have our city festival and the chief's making all of us work.  Keep me posted.

J.J.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
T
A
G
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I guess the GWPO class at Driftless in June is gonna work out better than Princeton in Sept. I'd still be up for home / personel defense in July though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Is camping available?
What do accomodations cost in the area?

It's a substantial drive for me.
Trip home is bound to be painful.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#14]
You cheese heads comeing across the border in mass will be considered an act of war!

Stan is the only one with a pass through death's occupied territories unless he vouches for you.

All jokeing aside, like BC said vehicle tactics or 5 gun are the ones worth your time cus all the rest will be coming to your neighborhood.  Just my 0.00 cents I want more people to attend 5 gun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is camping available?
What do accomodations cost in the area?

It's a substantial drive for me.
Trip home is bound to be painful.

I camped out because the motels were full, grass drags. There are these campsites in town just down the road from the Rum River Inn. They were open when I checked around noonish Fri. but they were RV slots packed real tight and too noisy for tent camping. I recon'ed the State Gampground on the way up so I chose to go back there. That's a nice campground I stayed at about 1/2 hour from the range. I got there around noon on Friday and had choice of campground. By evening the place was getting filled up. I take along a cheapo tent to leave set up just so no-one took my site while I was at class Saturday. I wouldn't leave any equipment there, firewood for sale at a non-rape price.

Motels are good but expensive, if we get 4-6 guys we can get the big suite at the Americinn with two bedrooms X 2 beds plus the common  area that has a couch. I think that is $160ish split 4-6 ways, I'll have to check but better than the single rate. Staying solo is expensive, BTDT.

CY6
bulletcatchR

Death 451 isn't putting us all up at his place?!?
WTF?

I'd like to see an outline and/or AAR of the home/personal defense class.
That one is a thin maybe.
I'd hate to miss it if it's two days of structure clearing and negotiating stairwells.
It'd sure beat the Lenny Magill video I have. (I can't stop laughing at that guy.)

We'll do protecting others at DRC.
That one is sold already. (She might have to protect the kids one day.)

I'm down for the trip to MN for the vehicle class if it's the only chance at it this year.
Looks like that one will be a solo mission, which would make lodging arrangements much more flexible.
Bunking up with the WI crew for economy is fine by me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I would put you all up if i could!  If you guys camp how about I camp with you, that would be cool!

Bring out the BOB test it out make up smores it will be like a slumber party Tommy you can bring your PJ's with the feet. BC bring your Superman ones I will bring Batman!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top