Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 9:23:56 AM EDT
I didn't go.
How was it?

Whenever I miss a show, they're always giving away ammo and have $100 ARs or something.

Go a'head and ruin my day with tales of your super-duper deals.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I didnt go, but I heard from a friend that it was pretty bad over all.  
Sounds like you didnt miss much.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless you wanted to pay $700 for a 1st Gen Glock 21, you didn't miss much.  There seemed to be alot fewer firearms, and alot more crap this time.  Only "deal" I saw was new MREs for $5 each.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Unless you wanted to pay $700 for a 1st Gen Glock 21, you didn't miss much. There seemed to be alot fewer firearms, and alot more crap this time. Only "deal" I saw was new MREs for $5 each.

Crap!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Unless you wanted to pay $700 for a 1st Gen Glock 21, you didn't miss much. There seemed to be alot fewer firearms, and alot more crap this time. Only "deal" I saw was new MREs for $5 each.

Crap!!!!

Something you won't be doing much of, if you eat too many MREs.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive never been to a fun show. Is there always MREs'? I hear about the beef jerkey
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
There is usually a guy at the Oshkosh gunshows selling MREs for $5 each too.  Probably the same guy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is usually a guy at the Oshkosh gunshows selling MREs for $5 each too.  Probably the same guy.

There's a dealer who brings his rave-looking daughter all the time.
Dealer wears a biker jean jacket that says, 'ARM' or something ... with pictures of a liqour bottle in a circle with a line through it .... I think there's a crossed out pot leaf on it too.
His table has a Mr.T doll with a sign saying that Mr.T pitys the fool who can beat their prices.

Whoever the hell that guy is, there's an older fellow that always sets up with them who sells T-shirts, ammo cans and MREs.
He always has the new ones for $5.

There can't be two gangs of folks who fit THAT description.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Excuse me T-J but you must be wrong. You just described the Waukesha show perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a dealer who brings his rave-looking daughter all the time.
Dealer wears a biker jean jacket that says, 'ARM' or something ... with pictures of a liqour bottle in a circle with a line through it .... I think there's a crossed out pot leaf on it too.
His table has a Mr.T doll with a sign saying that Mr.T pitys the fool who can beat their prices.

Whoever the hell that guy is, there's an older fellow that always sets up with them who sells T-shirts, ammo cans and MREs.
He always has the new ones for $5.

There can't be two gangs of folks who fit THAT description.

Nope, different guy.  It was a soldier in ACUs and another military-looking man and they had a few cases of MREs and a bunch of gear (LBVs and such).
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Unless the usual dealers failed to show up, the Fond Du Lac show is always the best show in this neck of the northwoods.  Nobody may have been giving anything away, but I have never regretted going.    I am into vintage stuff as well as black rifles, so I always find something I can use.  
Boom to Zoom usually has Sportsman's Warehouse beat for AR prices and selection.  
Tom from Tom's Armalite prices are decent when he has them in stock.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top