Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 12:40:55 PM EDT
Nebraska passed their Concealed Carry bill and is on its way to be signed by their governor.
48 states have a CCW provision, WI and IL do not......REMOVE DOYLE!!
Replace with Green and CCW will be passed in less than a year....Jan -07
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Doyle MUST go!!!  We are one of only 2 communist states that deny their residents their Second Amendment rights.

Is that better?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Doyle MUST go!!!  We are one of only 2 communist states that deny their residents their Constitutional rights.

ALL states deny their citizens Constitutional rights, just not CCW ;) REMOVE DOYLE!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
GRRRRR dammit, How is it I can Legally carry in 28 states, but not the one I moved to , This is really pissing me off, Next week in Laredo, Yup I'll be carrying the whole time , come back home, too bad soooo sad , Doyle needs to go this time by any means nessacary!!!!

<rant off>

ETA Illinois law was rewritten a few years ago , legally you can carry in a fanny pack with a loaded mag , out of the gun,

From  http://www.gunssavelife.com/GSLife/aboutus/aboutus.html

"At this point, we have been successful in clarifying a portion of Illinois' prohibition on concealed carry with the passage of our version of the Safe Neighborhoods Act. This new law clarifies the rules governing the transportation of an unloaded gun as long as it is in a gun case. (You must have a FOID card, however.) The ammunition may be close at hand, but not in the gun itself. We call this "Six Seconds from Safety" because it takes the average person about 6 seconds to retrieve a gun and load it. While not concealed carry, it does offer an added measure of safety to individuals who feel that they need a firearm close at hand. "

We are the ONLY one's who have NOTHING!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nebraska passed their Concealed Carry bill and is on its way to be signed by their governor.
48 states have a CCW provision, WI and IL do not......REMOVE DOYLE!!
Replace with Green and CCW will be passed in less than a year....Jan -07

My opinion is this is just one piece of the puzzle,  you have to have the majority in congress to bring a bill to the floor.  We need to focus on holding the seats we have and maybe gain more.

Removing Doyle is great but not going to be as easy as everyone seems to think it will be.  We may need to think out of the box if anyone really wants CCW in WI.  But that don't seem to be the option in the mainstream way of thinking.  So in Jan of 07 when Diamond Jim is governor and we lost seats thoughout the state due to lack of peoples intrest in those races and focus on Green vs Doyle not only will the legislative route for CCW be a dead horse the state as a whole will suffer.

Wisconsin Legal Defense Fund and go though the courts to achieve CCW.  Wouldn't that be the logical way due to most every post I see about this subject and people I talk to seem to think that their 2nd ammendment rights are denied in WI.  So lets not enact new laws but get the ones that are unconstitutional off the books and only the court can do that.

I am not trying to be a dick about this but am just looking at it with open eyes and don't see a bright future for Wisconsin politics.  Besides that, politicians and the NRA both like to do the same things (spend our money on what they think is best and compromise just to get their agenda fiiled)

This is not a personal dig on anyone here just calling it as I see it.

BTH out
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe I should just move back to New Hampshire, or better yet, Vermont.  This CCW issue is just another sore spot with me about having to live here.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe I should just move back to New Hampshire, or better yet, Vermont.  This CCW issue is just another sore spot with me about having to live here.

I feel your pain, carried for 8 years in CT every day. If we don't have it next year it will be time to lok for a transfer again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doyle MUST go!!!  We are one of only 2 communist states that deny their residents their Constitutional rights.

ALL states deny their citizens Constitutional rights, just not CCW ;) REMOVE DOYLE!!

Who gives two fucks about Doyle!!! I sure the hell don't. Doyle isn't the reason we don't have CCW.
Stop directing your anger over this at that fuckstick. If we can get more pro gun legislators elected Dyole, even if he wins again doesn't mean shit to CCW in Wisconsin. Don't foolishly waste all time and effort trying to defeat him. we need to increase the number of bill supporters just as much as Doyle needs to go if not more so.
Lets at least be optimistic, we won't be the LAST or ONLY state without CCW. The WSC is either going to declare  941.23 unconstitutional, or we get the PPA passed. Both will happen before Ill gets CCW.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The simple fact that Doyle vetoed a CCW bill twice makes him the single most significant direct cause why we do not currently have concealed carry.    Without Doyle in office, there will be no motivation for Democrats to vote stupid.    I agree that we also need to increase the numbers of Pro-gun legislators in office at the same time.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The simple fact that Doyle vetoed a CCW bill twice makes him the single most significant direct cause why we do not currently have concealed carry.    Without Doyle in office, there will be no motivation for Democrats to vote stupid.    I agree that we also need to increase the numbers of Pro-gun legislators in office at the same time.  

What about before Doyle was govenor?  Why did we not have it passed with Thompson or Macculm(spelling?)  

I know because of congress!!!!!   So he is not the single most signifigant reason why we don't have CCW.  Do you really think if Doyle is gone the dems won't vote stupid?  Come on they have more reason not to support the bill because they know it will pass.  Do you think it is just a coincidence they failed the veto both times by a close margin?  They plan this out way ahead of time and who ever flip flops on the issue knows it more than likely won't be the end of his career, and is willing to have a few constituants upset for his actions,  

And who says the RHINO's will even get us what we want?  Easy for them to spew what we want to hear when they know a veto is inevitable.  Then blame the dems when it doesn't happen.  Ask them about Vermont/Alaske style carry sometime and they tell you it will never happen.  Why I ask and they can't give an answer but we should just shut up and listen to them as they know best right?  

If anyone puts faith in our legislative system in WI you are a fool.  Look at all the bills passed,  they are feel good for them and useless for us.  

BTH out
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I have only been following CCW since Doyle has been governor, and I know that the last 2 times it failed it was because of him.  Although I agree that more than Doyle needs to change, the fact remains that for more reasons than just CCW Doyle needs to go, and he needs to take some of his damn Domocrat cronies with him on his way out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Tommy Thompson never wanted the concealed carry bill to reach his desk. He didn't want that level of controversy. So, the Republicans obliged him and didn't push it too hard.

Interim Governor Scott McCallum was all for the bill, and would have signed it. Problem was, then-Democrat Senate Majority Leader Chuck Chvala (now inmate #92335) blocked the bill from coming to the Senate floor in 2002. We had the votes to pass, easily.

I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but if it weren't for Ed Thompson, we'd all have permits now. Ed got 10% of the vote in 2002. Doyle only won by a margin of 45% to 41%.

The fact is, we can't take either the governorship or the legislature for granted. If Doyle is re-elected, it would take a net Republican gain of three Senate seats and six Assembly seats to override his veto. That's a tall order, especially considering that the Republicans already gained a lot of seats in the last two election cycles. Also, there will be twenty Republicans in the legislature retiring from office this year. Plenty of opportunities for the Democrats to pick up some seats. The Democrats are already targetting many of those districts.

If the Republicans suffer a net loss of just three Senate seats, it doesn't matter if Green wins. The Democrat leadership has always been composed primarily of liberal Democrats from Madison and Milwaukee. There's no way that somebody like Jon Erpenbach would let the bill get out of committee.

We need Green as governor, and a simple Republican majority in both houses. Of course, if we can have more than a simple Republican majority, we can ignore the demands of squishy Republicans to put restrictions on the bill. The more Repub's we have, the cleaner our bill will be.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tommy Thompson never wanted the concealed carry bill to reach his desk. He didn't want that level of controversy. So, the Republicans obliged him and didn't push it too hard.

Interim Governor Scott McCallum was all for the bill, and would have signed it. Problem was, then-Democrat Senate Majority Leader Chuck Chvala (now inmate #92335) blocked the bill from coming to the Senate floor in 2002. We had the votes to pass, easily.

I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but if it weren't for Ed Thompson, we'd all have permits now. Ed got 10% of the vote in 2002. Doyle only won by a margin of 45% to 41%.

The fact is, we can't take either the governorship or the legislature for granted. If Doyle is re-elected, it would take a net Republican gain of three Senate seats and six Assembly seats to override his veto. That's a tall order, especially considering that the Republicans already gained a lot of seats in the last two election cycles. Also, there will be twenty Republicans in the legislature retiring from office this year. Plenty of opportunities for the Democrats to pick up some seats. The Democrats are already targetting many of those districts.

If the Republicans suffer a net loss of just three Senate seats, it doesn't matter if Green wins. The Democrat leadership has always been composed primarily of liberal Democrats from Madison and Milwaukee. There's no way that somebody like Jon Erpenbach would let the bill get out of committee.

We need Green as governor, and a simple Republican majority in both houses. Of course, if we can have more than a simple Republican majority, we can ignore the demands of squishy Republicans to put restrictions on the bill. The more Repub's we have, the cleaner our bill will be.

Very well said.  I agree.

I also believe that a (option 'B') 'veto proof' majority in both houses would work just as well as a (option 'A')  Repub Gov and simple majorities (both houses).  But I think option 'A' is a lot more likely and achievable than 'B'.  JMO.

Just because a person states: 'Doyle needs to go', does not mean that they have forgotten the need to keep a legislative majority, in addition.  They just don't state it explicitly.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very well said.  I agree.

I also believe that a (option 'B') 'veto proof' majority in both houses would work just as well as a (option 'A')  Repub Gov and simple majorities (both houses).  But I think option 'A' is a lot more likely and achievable than 'B'.  JMO.

Just because a person states: 'Doyle needs to go', does not mean that they have forgotten the need to keep a legislative majority, in addition.  They just don't state it explicitly.

Well stated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top