Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 4:19:09 PM EDT
This is hard to believe!

GANDER MOUNTAIN 4Q PROFIT SOARS . . . Outdoor retailer Gander Mountain Co. on Wednesday reported fourth-quarter profit increased 26 percent over the previous year. At $22.2 million, or $1.45 per share, net income for the quarter topped Wall Street expectations. With the help of strong equipment and fieldwear sales during the hunting seasons and solid sales during the holidays, sales were up 18 percent to $280.8 million during the fourth quarter, the company said. "The record fourth quarter results reflect our ability to manage our business profitably," said Mark Baker, president and CEO. "We are encouraged by the early results from initiatives we launched in 2005 that gained traction in the fourth quarter. We look forward to a balance of growth and improved profitability in 2006." Gander Mountain is traded on the NASDAQ National Market under the ticker symbol GMTN.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
doesnt surprise me too much with their high prices, All i know is i cant wait for the new cabellas end of the year :) I am already saving for the grand opening sale
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hijack the thread, but where is a Cabellas going to be opening?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
supposed to be this fall, I am assuming before xmas. However Im not so sure. They have broken ground, but doesnt look like utilities in yet and no footing yet. With many of us carpenters "and other trades im sure" going to be booked up at oak creek, I find it hard to believe they will accomplish a rushed scedule.

for those dont know its opening on 145 between 41 and 45 the triangle there just north of the Y split
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
supposed to be this fall, I am assuming before xmas. However Im not so sure. They have broken ground, but doesnt look like utilities in yet and no footing yet. With many of us carpenters "and other trades im sure" going to be booked up at oak creek, I find it hard to believe they will accomplish a rushed scedule.

for those dont know its opening on 144 between 41 and 45 the triangle there just north of the Y split

As an out of work electrician, I would be glad to help build their new store.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, the Hall has nothing for you with Oak Creek power plant going on? Or at least coming up, not sure where they are on that one. But i agree with you, that is one of the jobs id like to say i worked on. I am not sure who even got the framing/drywall on that one. Probably olympic
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just past the new Cabelas location.  Its near the split where 41 and 45 seperate.  Big signs on the east side of the road and the property looks large.  Even better is the new Sportsmans Wharehouse opening in West Bend at Paradise Drive.  This store opens in May.  Its up and the finishing touches are starting.  I frequent the Sportsmans Wharehouse in New Berlin which is a distant drive from south western Ozaukee county.  The Germantown Gander Mountain is much closer, but I cannot handle the prices.  Another big store is Midwest Shooters Supply in Lomira.  They have a large store with about anything you want.  The great thing about these big box stores is that they are going to eat each other trying to compete for limited dollars.  Thats going to be good for us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top