Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 7:16:25 PM EDT
Anyone have any dealings with them? I guess they're out of Friendship WI(I don't know where that is). I bought some once fired PROCESSED .223 brass from them at a gun show that I'm not very happy with. I don't want to start bashing them as I don't know anything about them. I guess they sell reloaded ammo as well as components. Has anyone shot their ammo or used their components?  TIA,

Stang
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot their stuff for fun and for high power and I have had great luck with it.  If you are a Mustanger and from Green Bay, I am sure I must know you.  PM me if you want to talk about what problems you have had with their ammo.    Regarding their brass, I don't reload yet, so I can't vouch for it.  The plant is close to where my Mom lives.  They are south of Wisconsin Rapids a bit.  I talk to those guys once in a while regarding their stuff and have talked to the salesman you probably bought your brass from quite a bit.

Ed
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
  I have shot their .223 ammo for years. Have a good supply of .308 for huntin.Have never had a problem. I really like the 52 grain bthpm. they make many gunshowsand have a good sales rep. have sold them brass and have ben treated fairly. I have never mail ordered but that service is at hand. dont know what issues you have but i'll bet they would work to resolve them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been using their stuff for years.

The 45 and 9MM in FMJ works just fine in my guns.

But it is their rifle ammo that impresses me. I use the 308, 243 and 223. The 243 is by far the most accurate that I have shot out of my Ruger lightwight. I have never had an ammo related malfunction in my AR using their 55grn .223 FMJ, PSP or poly tipped. A malfunction from a bad mag yes, but from their ammo no.

Their 150grn PSP 308 works and shoots outstanding in our Sheriff's office M-14s.

I wholehardedly stand behind this company.

Hope that this helps

Neil  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they have a website?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
http://wisconsincartridge.com ......
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, it sounds like people like them and they are a good company.  Thats why I didn't want to start bashing.  With that said, the problem I had was the brass I bought was supposedly once fired, processed,-inspected, swaged, small base sized, and trimmed, but I'm not sure it was.  I started measuring and the inside neck was .216". When I size my brass, also in a SB die, it measures .222".  One other problem is it was trimmed to 1.744" not the recomended 1.750"-1.760".   Of the 500rds I bought, 105 were LC, 142 Winchester, 199 FC, and a few other odd balls.  I not happy with that many FC but thats what you get when you buy once fired.  The thing I was worried most about was the neck size. I doubt I could have even seated the bullet at .216"  Any thoughts?  Thanx,

Stang

www.wisconsincartridge.com
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do they have a website?

not sure on website.   hope this helps.

their buisness card reads ;  
     Wisconsin Cartridge Corp.
     Friendship, WI   53934
     Scott A. Young     Pres.
     phone : (608) 564-2477
     fax : (608) 564-2477
     e-mail : [email protected]

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://wisconsincartridge.com ......maybe we can do a in state group purchase on some of this?[/quote    

from time to time they have  some moly 52gr bthp. this stuff really groups nice, but they wont run it unless they have a 10,000 round order. at the GB gunshow I purchased the last 500 rd. he had. I think it was around 100.00 but I remember a price break for volume purchase.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
from time to time they have  some moly 52gr bthp. this stuff really groups nice, but they wont run it unless they have a 10,000 round order. at the GB gunshow I purchased the last 500 rd. he had. I think it was around 100.00 but I remember a price break for volume purchase.

I guess I won't be getting any more of that at Shopko Hall in a couple of weeks...

I picked up 100 at Cliff and Ceils to try out, not thinking that it would dissapear so quickly.  It was $22'ish for 100.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do they have a website?

The shipping is quite a bit.  You can call the factory ahead of time and they will bring your order to a gun show and give you the volume discount.  The salesman at the gun shows does not normally give you the full volume discount.  The gun shop in Shawano stocks some and will special order stuff that you can pick up there, but he doesn't discount it at all.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate to sound noobish,

But is this factory new ammo, or what?  I am really worried about the "gun show" reloads.  It seems like new ammo, and their prices are pretty fair.  Basically I am worried about ammo related failures.  Anyone have any knowledge on it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:12:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

is this factory new ammo, or what?

This is once fired brass... reloaded ammo.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:17:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is this factory new ammo, or what?

This is once fired brass... reloaded ammo.  

Do you know where they get the brass from? is it once fired military like with Black Hills Reman? or is it range pick up stuff that you really don't know how many times it's been shot like a couple other places do?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Do you know where they get the brass from? is it once fired military like with Black Hills Reman? or is it range pick up stuff that you really don't know how many times it's been shot like a couple other places do?

I know that they buy brass from private parties on occasion, but am not sure where their primary source is.  You should call them direct with questions.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#15]
One friend I have really likes their 7.62x39 stuff ( I think he was referring to hunting ammo).  I sold my SKS before I ever had a chance to try it, though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#16]
So whats their pricing like???  I can get Factory Brass 9MM 115 Gr FMJ for $5.97 per 50.. They lower then that??

How about 5.56MM and 45ACP.??

For me I could give a rip about  perfection, it's about the price... Just about everyone's stuff has gone bang for me and I have never seen that as a big issue or me. but price allows me to shoot ALOT MORE and that's a big issue for me.

If I could get decent stuff that goes bang  most of the time at a better price ten what I get now, I would be interested. but if their prices are the same or higher then UMC or Win White box..... well then what's the point....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So whats their pricing like???  I can get Factory Brass 9MM 115 Gr FMJ for $5.97 per 50.. They lower then that??

For me I could give a rip about  perfection, it's about the price... Just about everyone's stuff has gone bang for me and I have never seen that as a big issue or me. but price allows me to shoot ALOT MORE and that's a big issue for me.

If I could get decent stuff that goes bang  most of the time at a better price ten what I get now, I would be interested. but if their prices are the same or higher then UMC or Win White box..... well then what's the point....

Harv the 55gr FMJ they have listed is like $180/1000 kind of a lil high for reman ammo IMO
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Harv the 55gr FMJ they have listed is like $180/1000 kind of a lil high for reman ammo IMO

You can not compare it to Wolf.   You should be comparing it to Black Hills reman which is closer to $300 or so for 1000 rounds.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The FMJ plinking stuff is a buck or so more expensive per 50 than what you are paying,  but the defense ammo is much cheaper than what you are going to commonly find.  At $17.50 per 100 for a hollow point defense round, that is an excellent value.   The same goes for the plinking .223.  Of course they are not going to be down at the Wolf prices.   In my experience, Wolf is less accurate than the Wisconsin cartridge .223, and the Wisconsin Cartridge rounds are still an excellent value for a soft point or V-Max round.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry.not for me.  Priced to high. How many Hollow-point  rds does anyone go thru??? And if I were buying for that sole purpose I would not trust my life to reman Ammo...Factory all the way.....

So the 9MM is $7 per 50 not including shipping.... no deal there.
The 5.56MM  FMJ is a little high as well compared to some Surplus Ammo.(Adcom M855 .62 gr shipped for $170)

The .45ACP is comparable in price with CCI Blazer you can pick up at Fleet farm for that price.

Not to dog on this company... free enterprise and all... but Now I know why I never bought anything from them.... to expensive. I need Good Ammo (Not match grade virgin ammo with a .5 MOA guarantee) with decent accuracy so I can get out and practice every month.  And if I was just plinking (rare event for me) Wolf ammo would satisfy that need very well.

So to summarize
the only deals I see are on remanufactured  9MM Hollow-point defensive ammo (which I never shoot)
and V-Max and  Soft Point .233

I'll pass........
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The .45ACP is comparable in price with CCI Blazer you can pick up at Fleet farm for that price.

That is great if your .45 will feed Blazer ammo, but I have personally not found an auto that liked Blazer.  Their .40, .357 and 9mm has all caused cycle problems for me and others I have seen at the range.  
I personally do not load FMJ anything if I intend to shoot an animal but for those who prefer to shoot paper, surplus and Wolf is fine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#22]

I personally do not load FMJ anything if I intend to shoot an animal but for those who prefer to shoot paper, surplus and Wolf is fine.

How many Animals a year do you shoot......???

Unless your prairie Dog hunting, the average shooter is shooting a box or two of Soft points a year (Including sight in)
For the shooters who shoot a lot.. no one I know is shooting Hollow-points and soft points for practice.

CCI Blazer has been around for many years and has a proven track record.

Bottom line is these guys are over priced for what their selling vs what else is available on the market, nothing special at all, but hey,, if you like them (And it sounds like you do as your pretty quick to defend them.) that's fine
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#23]
You are the first person I have known so far that regards Blazer as anything but cheap crap.   That is cool if you can get away with it in your pistol, as it is cheap.  
I shoot Black Hills reloads and Wisconsin Cartridge for the rifle matches I shoot.  I find them both tho be accurate. Wolf and surplus have seemed less accurate.  If you are happy with the lower accuracy for your shooting, then the lower priced stuff is your best bet.  There have been reports of bad rounds in many batches of surplus purchases on this board including Adcom, yet there are those who hoard surplus for their fantasy SHTF scenerios.   Never made sense to me.  What are you going to shoot in a SHTF situation if it isn't an animal?    
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Bottom line is that a lot of us are shooting at relatively short distances and not going for minute of angle with our weapons and ammunition.  I shoot a lot of run and gun and offhand stuff and am mostly concerned with whether or not I hit center of mass, and I find that Wolf and CCI work very well for that, although I usually shoot Winchester white box, except for my AKs which I shoot almost exclusively Wolf.  If you are a bench shooter or just interested in tack driving in particular then I would stay away from Wolf and Blazer.  We need to realize that we all have different weapons and shoot different scenarios and what works wonderfully for me may be sub-par for you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Interceptor_Knight

You are the first person I have known so far that regards Blazer as anything but cheap crap. That is cool if you can get away with it in your pistol, as it is cheap.
I shoot Black Hills reloads and Wisconsin Cartridge for the rifle matches I shoot. I find them both tho be accurate. Wolf and surplus have seemed less accurate. If you are happy with the lower accuracy for your shooting, then the lower priced stuff is your best bet. There have been reports of bad rounds in many batches of surplus purchases on this board including Adcom, yet there are those who hoard surplus for their fantasy SHTF scenerios. Never made sense to me. What are you going to shoot in a SHTF situation if it isn't an animal?

If your so concerned with accuracy... why are you not reloading??? All the High-power guys who are serious competitors do... Sure are a lot of Police Dept's across the country who issue CCI Blazer as Practice ammunition.

Like I said, theirs no great deal with Wi Ammo.... glad you like them for High power.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]
     I must have missed the targrt. If there are no great deals with WI CART. ammo, then where do you go to find sub MOA ammo for around 20 bux per 100 rounds? and why reload when this stuff prints? to me it's a no brainer. like I posted earlier, I've shot thousands of rounds of this ammo and never had one problem.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Please feel free to show where it's say's this Ammo is Sub MOA.........
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Here you go...

THIS AMMO IS SUB MOA...

But what does that matter to you as you only care about low cost for high volume plinking???

Since you don't need it don't buy it, but it is not "expensive" ammo.  It is merely not bargain basement priced.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Fight nice girls!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

"it" does not say anything. that was my description of the ammo sold by WI cart. let me clairify myself .  if I can purchase ammo at that price AND "IT" performs at that level what's to not like?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#31]
So your saying your getting less then 1" groups at 100 yds with their ammo?? what caliber?
Everyone throws out the term "Sub MOA" but is it really performing to that level......

Even thought I'm just a "plinker" I'm always willing to learn from the "Pro's"
As to Ammo and Accuracy......,..............
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So your saying your getting less then 1" groups at 100 yds with their ammo?? what caliber?
Everyone throws out the term "Sub MOA" but is it really performing to that level......

Even thought I'm just a "plinker" I'm always willing to learn from the "Pro's"
As to Ammo and Accuracy......,..............

I am not sure "pro" is the proper description for my shooting skills, however I do shoot  around 1000 rounds yearly. the ammo I speak of is WI cart. 52gr, moly coated, boatail ,hollow point. the rifle is a CR6724 Colt. .223 . it will print sub moa using this ammo. yes I have tried barnaul and found it costs less but just does not group as well.  the fmj and soft point stuff that WI cart sells is comparable in price but I've had better groups overall using the hollow points.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's what bothered me quite awhile ago, I was either looking at 9mm and saw a head stamp of 38 super or it was 380 with a 9mm head stamp. i stopped looking at their crap after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top