Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 1:49:49 PM EDT
First off P.M. has a group for RCLRC members to join.
groups.msn.com/S-E-WisconsinNFAEBRShooters

Range clean up day is 04/01/06
There is a board meeting on 03/19/06 I would like if you can to meet at the 25 meter range for pow wow on repairs what we plan to do. 10 am will be meeting time
This gives all that want a time to voice a opinion at that time we will put together a material list.
We can start working on range before then.
Any question please im or email me.
Also please sign up at the link this way we  don't jam up this forum with club stuff.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds good... I'll be there at 10am...  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I won't remember to check it.
Yahoo/MSN groups is something I surf through a couple times a year, not xomething I keep up with.

I don't see anything wrong with posting here; just put "RCLRC" in the subject line and folks who aren't involved will start ignoring those threads.
HTF can always use the traffic anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I just request that new messages be emailed to me.  Then I typically set up a folder w/ a filter to send all of the messages to one folder so I don't have to find the emails in the sea of spam.  But yeah, I'd rather see it here because I come here more often.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just request that new messages be emailed to me.  Then I typically set up a folder w/ a filter to send all of the messages to one folder so I don't have to find the emails in the sea of spam.  But yeah, I'd rather see it here because I come here more often.

That's a good idea.  I'll have to try that myself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I won't remember to check it.
Yahoo/MSN groups is something I surf through a couple times a year, not xomething I keep up with.

I don't see anything wrong with posting here; just put "RCLRC" in the subject line and folks who aren't involved will start ignoring those threads.
HTF can always use the traffic anyhow.

TJ just do what I did copy a shortcut to your desk top and when ever you set down at the PC you will see it also there is some SOP stuff on NFA I will wait till I see you to bring you up to speed
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Photoman,
You want I should add that link to the "Wi links of interest" page?

LMK and if so what text you would want.

CY6

bulletcatchR

Thanks for the offer BC but I don't think it's nessesary.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I was wondering if it would be ok to come to this. I am not a member of RCLRC but I am interested in becoming one. I am more than willing to help with the clean up and repairs on 4/1/06 as well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:11:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was wondering if it would be ok to come to this. I am not a member of RCLRC but I am interested in becoming one. I am more than willing to help with the clean up and repairs on 4/1/06 as well.

Come on out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Coming out and helping is a good way to meet a sponsor we can go over all the requirements with you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds great, I will see you there saturday morning.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds great, I will see you there saturday morning.

Do you know how to find the club
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, I was there last wednesday with mugenlude (Jason). Plus I am picking him saturday morning.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Ha they denied my membership, well ok then jeesh they dont even know me yet and ive pissed them off, damn im good
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ha they denied my membership, well ok then jeesh they dont even know me yet and ive pissed them off, damn im good

This has nothing to do with that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Who denied what & when If I may ask
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#17]
tried to sign up for the msn group was denied.

No worries I live without being a member of another email list
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
tried to sign up for the msn group was denied.

No worries I live without being a member of another email list

The MSN group is for RCLRC members so we don't waste space on posting here you did not piss no one off
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
basicly i didnt know what the RCLRC was so clicked link to check it out, wanted to to sign up and said it was accepting aplications.

So i signed up, No worries i only did it to poke my nose around some

"I wasnt upset just joking around, as I have been having so much trouble joining the local range it was just funny"
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
basicly i didnt know what the RCLRC was so clicked link to check it out, wanted to to sign up and said it was accepting aplications.

"I wasnt upset just joking around, as I have been having so much trouble joining the local range it was just funny"

If yer interested in finding out more aobut he club the best way is to come out and shoot with some of us and meet us.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What Photo Man said if you need details Im me there is a work party on 04/01/06 that would be a good chance of getting a sponsor if you don't know anyone in the club
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice  meeting you guys sunday morning. Kind of mad I couldn't stick around for my safety walk in the afternoon, had a prior family thing I had to attend. I have to wait now until April 30th for it. So the days we selected to work(4/2/06) I am going to have to have someone meet me at the gate.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I think we can meet up so I can get you in....

Quoted:
Nice  meeting you guys sunday morning. Kind of mad I couldn't stick around for my safety walk in the afternoon, had a prior family thing I had to attend. I have to wait now until April 30th for it. So the days we selected to work(4/2/06) I am going to have to have someone meet me at the gate.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I will take care of walk on 4/1 for Sig
I don't need a material list for target holders that is being taken care of
I will need a list for the hooch
and the roof extension
Gravel will be in this week
Cement work has been started

any? call or IM me

Mark
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Rogue and I will be doing the electric work it will be started Wed. 3-22. We should have most of it done by Friday afternoon. I will be installing all the hard lines, outlets, can lights, and wiring for outside lights facing the targets.

I talked to Kaboom last night, gravel should be there this morning.

Looks like it's coming along. Glad to meet some of the AR guys Sun.

Batch114
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I will need a list for the hooch and the roof extension.

Mark

Do we plan to put anything on the roof extension?  Are people going to frequently occupy this space?  I know that there is a ladder to get to the roof of the existing hooch.

Just to confirm.  We are looking at a 24' covered area (roof extension) to the south and relocating the existing ladder to the northside of the hooch.

-Jason
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will need a list for the hooch and the roof extension.

Mark

Do we plan to put anything on the roof extension?  Are people going to frequently occupy this space?  I know that there is a ladder to get to the roof of the existing hooch.

Just to confirm.  We are looking at a 24' covered area (roof extension) to the south and relocating the existing ladder to the northside of the hooch.

-Jason

Ya lets put it on we have to leave ladder or move it.
All I need from you is material list for the block house
The target holder stuff is not our project we can help but the material is ordered and will be delivered
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Picked up all the garbage on the 25 meter yesterday but could only get one of the 4 bags in my car.  I left three more in the hooch if someone with a truck could pick them up that would be great, before they get shot up.  Also some garbage was froze to the floor/ ground and couldn't get picked up.  As I walked around for 4 hours picking up junk left behind I now believe we don't deserve the facility we have.  I would bet the people who wreck the range and don't pick up their junk don't leave their own home that way.  I used to have a hard on for the shot gunners because they seem to have the nice stuff and get what they want.  How wrong I was they justkeep their stuff nice bring revenue to the club,  Almost everytime I am at the club I see one or two guys cleaning, fixing, just giving a damm on the trap range.  And the 100yrd and 25 meter is just the opposite they only time I see people there is shooting and not making an effort to keep it nice.  So I would like to say sorry for being ignorant  and say the shotgunners deserve the good stuff and we don't .  I wouldn't blame the board one bit for not giving any $ to fix up the 25 or 100yrd.

Rant off
BTH
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I noticed this to as a new member. Why can't we propose a cleaning sign-up board, once a week or everyother, people sign-up to walk the 100 yard and 25 meter range? Yes, some people will think that because their is a crew that they don't have to clean-up after themselves but if we are there often and notice certain people leaving their trash we have the board confront them on it. I couldn't believe the amount of brass that was out there.

Can't we as part of the Hooch restoration include some brooms and large dust pans for people to use to clean up. I can get a couple 55 gallon drums for trash if need be. I see the garbage bin at the 25 meter range has seen better days.

Isn't their a grounds crew committee?

On a side note, has the work begun out there by the MIL. yet? Having not recieved my key yet I haven't been able to stop out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I noticed this to as a new member. Why can't we propose a cleaning sign-up board, once a week or everyother, people sign-up to walk the 100 yard and 25 meter range? Yes, some people will think that because their is a crew that they don't have to clean-up after themselves but if we are there often and notice certain people leaving their trash we have the board confront them on it. I couldn't believe the amount of brass that was out there.

Can't we as part of the Hooch restoration include some brooms and large dust pans for people to use to clean up. I can get a couple 55 gallon drums for trash if need be. I see the garbage bin at the 25 meter range has seen better days.

Isn't their a grounds crew committee?

On a side note, has the work begun out there by the MIL. yet? Having not recieved my key yet I haven't been able to stop out.

See me in person about your post
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Am I in trouble already? I will be out there next saturday for my walk thru with you and then the work crew. We can talk then if you like.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is a framing plan that I have of the hooch is this point.

As you can see we can use a couple different size joists, I think we would want to match what the existing roof has.  I would suggest the 2x8's at 16" O.C.

I would think we would want to provide 1x12 trim around the new canopy/extension, just as we are on the existing hooch building.

Some other materials needed:
- 2 joist hangers per joist (one on each side)
- 12" diameter poured conc. footings (min. 48" deep) at each column
- (6) column-to-footing plate
- (6) column-to-beam plate
- (6) 4'x8' sheets of 3/4" plywood decking

Do we have the windows figured out???

EDITTED: I revised some sizing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I editted my above post, I just want to make sure everyone has the up-to-date list...

I also spoke with Cosmo and he had a good suggestion to hang the (2) 2x8's off the existing roof at the hooch in lieu of bearing them on the CMU wall as I call for.  That way we can just use a Simpson hanger.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Also another thought.  Maybe someone at the club has an ogger-type (sp) attachment for a bobcat or something that can dig the footing holes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Am I in trouble already?

I will be out there next saturday for my walk thru with you and then the work crew. We can talk then if you like.

No Relax
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#36]
2 x 8 x 8'     -  26
2 x 8 x 16'   -   4
20 -  Simpson Strong Tie 2 x 8  Joist Hangers (ZMAX coated if you plan to use treated lumber)
2   -  Simpson Strong Tie Double 2 x 8 Beam Hangers (ZMAX coated as above)

Nails will have to be hot dipped galvenized at least so the copper in the lumber doesn't eat them.

I originally thought treated 6 x 6 x 8' for the posts, but Jason told me that we should get by with just 4 x 4 x 8'.    Either case we will need 6 of these puppies.

6  - 48" x 12" sonotube or Menards brand.

this along with Jason's list above should do us pretty good.    I can look into the Simpson products to get specific product numbers if needed.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Was just out at the club the new section of the fireing line was poured and it's going to look good!

We need to figure out the rest of thes tuff for the hooch, basicly what day and what time and who are all going to be out there to do the re build.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#38]
At this time I would like to go step by step on the 25 meter range

1 New cement is in

2 The gravel work is started should be done next week

3 Next will be the bunker when that is done we will move on to roof extension

4 I will have my friend look at the bunker Sunday mainly the door opening the windows and the roof

5 I know who we have for electric and painting but who are the carpenters?

Any ? call me email or IM

Mark

Also Im guilty but we should start using the msn group for this type of stuff that is way mark formed it.
And Please update your profile with at least your real name I still don't know everyone and want to learn real name to screen name

Again let use our msn group
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Guilty.  

BTT for those going out this morning...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:00 AM EDT
[#40]

I tried signing up yet I have gotten no response and I still can't sign in to it. I signed up last monday.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I tried signing up yet I have gotten no response and I still can't sign in to it. I signed up last monday.

you should be able to get in.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Update:

New roof on the blockhouse, complete with pitch (so the water doesn't pool) is on.

HKMP5A2 will need to get the roofers to roll some rubber and shingle it, but it's currently on it's way, and looking good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Update:

New roof on the blockhouse, complete with pitch (so the water doesn't pool) is on.

HKMP5A2 will need to get the roofers to roll some rubber and shingle it, but it's currently on it's way, and looking good.

Thanks All who helped  if anyone hears of a 30' container let me know we have permission to put one buy the military trailer,
Brian said we can use the military's till we find one or they come back I will look into the club lock that's on it see if our key fits if it don't I will find out who has so we can store our stuff
Thanks again we will have one hell of a range when finished
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Update:

Was out there today during the rain and was running off the rear of the hooch,  if we don't get the extension done we need some type of eve over the doorway though.  Also did some work with the concrete around culvert

BTH out
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Update:

Was out there today during the rain and was running off the rear of the hooch,  if we don't get the extension done we need some type of eve over the doorway though.  Also did some work with the concrete around culvert

BTH out

Nice to be in there when it was raining and not have water dripping down on us.

It's going to be interesting to see how the rock around the culvert does.....

Now we just need to get the patch work,  windows and doors in and the paint on and were done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#46]
you forgot the hot tub Im trying to get hold of Erin to patch bunker the roll roof happens the day of sub-gun shoot ITS FREE he will give us rubber for roof and if we do the cover I can have him roll that to.

Who wants to build the cover? put it footings I may be able to get Erin to do that.
If you guys want to build cover let me know who and when if we do on the week end I can get a truck or van to pick up materials then we can work off the truck. Im still not sure on door or windows yet did anyone take a hard look at the door opening it might need some shimming to square it up
I believe cosmos has a plan for windows.
Im pretty tired after work so week ends are best but if you guys want to hit it a little each night let me know.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
you forgot the hot tub Im trying to get hold of Erin to patch bunker the roll roof happens the day of sub-gun shoot ITS FREE he will give us rubber for roof and if we do the cover I can have him roll that to.

Who wants to build the cover? put it footings I may be able to get Erin to do that.
If you guys want to build cover let me know who and when if we do on the week end I can get a truck or van to pick up materials then we can work off the truck. Im still not sure on door or windows yet did anyone take a hard look at the door opening it might need some shimming to square it up
I believe cosmos has a plan for windows.
Im pretty tired after work so week ends are best but if you guys want to hit it a little each night let me know.

Once the block work is done by Aaron we should be good to go to get everything done(windows/door/paint. Untill then I wouldn't worry about the extention. As long as I'm not working when we do it i'll be out there to help with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I know we got a bunch of trailers where i work that arnt being used too much (if at all, they are sitting in a lot with "for rent" on them). I dont know if i can get one for free but may be able to get a used one fairly cheap. I will ask this week. If it would have to be purchased what would you say the limit or pool would be?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#49]
we could put up some guuters they are cheap plus down spouts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top