Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:35:44 AM EDT
A press in Southern WI to press out my AKS barrel from the front trunnion?

I am heading back to WI for spring break next week and figured I would like to get it disassembled so I can drill out the rivets and get it ready for assembly in the summer.  

If anyone has one I can useI'd appreciate it.  

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A press in Southern WI to press out my AKS barrel from the front trunnion?

I am heading back to WI for spring break next week and figured I would like to get it disassembled so I can drill out the rivets and get it ready for assembly in the summer.  

If anyone has one I can useI'd appreciate it.  

Thanks,
Chris

IMO leave the two together and screw build it.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
...or...

I believe our own DaleSimpson has used a rivet that you hammer in instead of press.

Dale?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out this thread.

Easiest AK build ever.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.

I'd do it that way, except I am going to have to have the trunnions done prefessionally, as it has the skeletonized Sidefolder, and I am not going to try and cut on the reciever.  I figure I can get a break on a build price if I have the trunnions prepped for install.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top