Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:24:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
how big are they normally? alot of dealers? guns and ammo sold or just accessories. just want to be sure before i make the drive :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The waukesha show is pretty decent there should be a good mix of firearms parts books its not as big as the state fair show if you have ever been to that one its about 1/2 the size. I have to go to pick up a lower about 45 minute drive but even if I did not have to go I would sill probably just for something to do then hit a few gun shops on the way back. there must be at least fifty plus tables
and there is one guy I hope he shows up that has killer deals on range bags. I'm going on Saturday so if you happen to go on Sunday I could give you a update.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Might just have to go down and check it out. Been putting alot of money out lately, But hey im back to work tomorrow so what the point in earning it if you cant spend it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how big are they normally? alot of dealers? guns and ammo sold or just accessories. just want to be sure before i make the drive :)

<soapbox>
Between State Fair Park and Waukesha, here's the thought process after you visit each show...

1. Wow, this is pretty freaking awesome! I'm coming back for sure.
2. Hmmm, was hoping to find <insert desired item here>. Oh well, maybe the next show.
3. Weird, I think I saw the same stuff for sale by the same people.
4. Man, it's the same crap every show.
5. This is BS, I'm not coming back until they get some new vendors.
6. Wow, this is pretty freaking awesome! I'm coming back for sure.

Honestly though, I think it's a good product mix of firearms and accessories. You can get a good price if you're careful, know what things should sell for, and don't get pressured. The ammo dude needs to show up more and we can do less with the non-firearms related stuff. I've had my fill of cheap off-shore junk such as whirly-gigs, cigarette lighters, and batons.

This has been covered before but if you want a good giggle, go to Tom's Guns (The Armalite dealer), ask to look at one of the more expensive autos and then eject the magazine onto the floor. But truthfully, his wife is one of the nicest people that work at the shows and will work hard to make the sale.

Lastly, take everything I've posted with a grain of salt because regardless of the rants, I usually showup 9AM Saturday at every show.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
not much im needing, 1k rounds arived today, mags, reddot, and forgrip should arive this week. Currently debating on another G19 or the new baretta storm, but other then that i need a new holster and id like to take a look at the weapon lights but who knows
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
....and there is one guy I hope he shows up that has killer deals on range bags. .

I talked to him at Milwaukee... He told me he that was his last gunshow untill fall, he does the sports shows during the spring and summer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I need to pick up one of those range bags that guy sells.Might go SAT.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If you guys are hoping for the ammo guy I think you are out of luck.  I was talking to AJ from Valley Gun and Knife about why the ammo guy wasn't at the Oshkosh show and he said that the ammo guy had a falling out with Bob and basically won't be doing any more Bob and Rocco shows.  Not that the guy had great deals or anything, but he was kind of the only game in town as far as ammo goes at the Oshkosh shows.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you guys are hoping for the ammo guy I think you are out of luck.  I was talking to AJ from Valley Gun and Knife about why the ammo guy wasn't at the Oshkosh show and he said that the ammo guy had a falling out with Bob and basically won't be doing any more Bob and Rocco shows.  Not that the guy had great deals or anything, but he was kind of the only game in town as far as ammo goes at the Oshkosh shows.

I saw one person selling Wolf 7.62 at Oshkosh.  $190/K
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I did see the guy in Oshkosh selling Wolf 7.62 for $4/box.  That is $200/case!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....and there is one guy I hope he shows up that has killer deals on range bags. .

I talked to him at Milwaukee... He told me he that was his last gunshow untill fall, he does the sports shows during the spring and summer.

Dam day late and a dollar short
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top