Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
I am kind of curious as to how others are when purchasing. Do you shop by price exclusivly, do you tend to support a fav dealer, or some combination of both. I have only bought 2 guns since ive moved up here and both from different dealers. I have been shopping lately for another glock 19 and yet again ive found another dealer with a low price. But frankly I would like to start giving my buisness to a single dealer for many reasons i dont need to go into here.

anyway those in the milwaukee area i am curious as to your prefered dealer in the area

so far my impressions

duhnams = cheap guns at cheap prices, emphasis on CHEAP GUNS

gandar = not too bad but sterile and darn impossible to build a repor

Midwest = great selection, ehh on prices, but a few decient guys

Woodland = small shop and limited selection, tend to push what they like but they are some great guys

Badger = large shop, terrible selection and personally dont car for the guys, seem to cater to the bangers or wannabees

Shooters shop = stopped in once didnt seem too bad but prices could be a bit better

so basicly where do you shop and why
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked up a few at the Dunham's i think on highway 100. My Mosin-Nagant and my dad's Yugo SKS for a good price. We snagged his Yugo mauser from Fleet Farm out in Menominee Falls for $80 a while ago. He just got a new Ruger KP4 from Gander for $215 on sale.

Yea I didn't care for Badger much myself either. I went there once looking from some Alumahyde, the clerk didnt even know what it was

If anyone's in that part of the state, Cabela's has a great selection! That's where I got my 10/22 from, they even offered to boresight a scope for free if i picked one up there.

Went to Midwest once, didn't much care for it. Big selection, but not much that caught my interest. Kinda pricey if I recall...

Overall, there isn't much in the way of dealers that can cater for you AK fancy if that's what you've caught. But there's still some good people to deal with.

OH! Almost forgot the Liquor, Bait and Sportshop in Boscobel! Love that place, beer, fishing and guns all under one roof. Could it get any better?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Parts & Such  Internet

Guns  Shooters in Racine they are friends if they don't have it they will get it.

Don't go to G.M. they don't carry black guns let the duck hunters pay their bills

Bob & Rocco gun shows its still fun to haggle plus you always come home with something.

Last show at state fair got a RRA Car A2 upper Six position stock lower $650 plus tax
who says the prices are to high at the shows?

Will pick up lower this week end at the Waukesha Show

Been to the sportsman warehouse once got a deal on a laser range finder.

Knob Creek for ammo a bunch of us get togeter down there and go in on ammo we get better deals cause we pool our $
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Last show at state fair got a RRA Car A2 upper Six position stock lower $650 plus tax

$650 for a lower?  Dude, you didn't get a deal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#4]
rra car a4 upper
6 pos stock
and lower

for $650?

lol i think he got all of that for $650
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy alot at sportsmans warehouse.They have 10% and 5% off sales.I bought my RRA ar15 at waukesha expo rocco and pucchi gun show.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I like "Red's 45 Gun" in Oshkosh

Red is an asshole... but he makes no bones about it.

These days he doesn't have a lot of inventory....But hell... you said "post your favorite."
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$650 for a lower?  Dude, you didn't get a deal.

The whole gun was $650
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like "Red's 45 Gun" in Oshkosh

Red is an asshole... but he makes no bones about it.

These days he doesn't have a lot of inventory....But hell... you said "post your favorite."

Have you been to Johns Gun I think that's the name his store is very close to reds  has a good selection long & hand guns big archery shop to
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I buy alot at sportsmans warehouse.They have 10% and 5% off sales.I bought my RRA ar15 at waukesha expo rocco and pucchi gun show.

Its a big store and they have very much shooting accessories I think there firearm dept is bigger then G.M. and Bass Pro
Did you get the RRA from Boom to Zoom?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top