Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/23/2006 10:23:14 AM EDT
March 25th, which is a saturday, get together for an ARFCOM shoot.

It's at the Shiocton public range, YFS posted a link below for mapquest.

If you can make it let us know, if you can't let us know, we'll try and reschedule it to meet everyones needs.

-david
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just noticed a few people saying that they shoot at the Shiocton range and since I do as well, was curious if anyone was interested in meeting up there for a shoot in the near future?

Just hollar ;)

Where??

Whare is it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It's on the Outskirts of Shiocton. it's a public range. I shoot their now and again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It's at the south end of Lake Park in Shiocton.  Rifle, pistol ranges out to 500m.  I'm in for a shoot once it warms up a little.  There's no building there to get out of the weather.

MapQuest Link

ETA: zoom in and you can see Lake Park.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
When are ya thinking? I race snomobiles in the winter and am pretty booked up on the weekends.

Stang
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:21:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I was there yesterday, 15 degrees and a 30 mph wind, not too much fun. But yeah I am game whenever.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I would be up for it.  But I can't commit to any specific date since my work schedule just kind of makes itself up as it goes along.  It kind of sucks that I never know when I am going to be working, but if I am available I will be there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking maybe end of march, we should for sure have some warmer weather by then, I'd say 40's and 50's, good enough for shooting. I am open to suggestions... ;)

Rifle, pistol ranges out to 500m

You sure? lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was thinking maybe end of march, we should for sure have some warmer weather by then, I'd say 40's and 50's, good enough for shooting. I am open to suggestions... ;)

Rifle, pistol ranges out to 500m

You sure? lol

You mean you don't shoot your Sig at 500 meters?  lol, Maybe I should have said it a little different.

Pistol range, and rife range out to 500 meters.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#9]
End of March sounds good. Our race season ends around then so my weekends free up. Keep us posted!

Stang
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]
3rd weekend in march I am on the East coast , probably be shooting up HRSA in Naugatuck CT. But the 4th is good by me Of course haveing just gone home for a week i will probably be so poor all i can afford is to bring the .22's but ........... shooting is shooting, Besides it would be nice to hook up with some local guys. Been here a year and the only guys I hangout with are guys from work
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
3rd weekend in march I am on the East coast , probably be shooting up HRSA in Naugatuck CT. But the 4th is good by me Of course haveing just gone home for a week i will probably be so poor all i can afford is to bring the .22's but ........... shooting is shooting, Besides it would be nice to hook up with some local guys. Been here a year and the only guys I hangout with are guys from work

March 4th is no good for me because that is the date for the practical pistol shoot at my home range, (Springbrook Sportsman's Club).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#12]
How does March 25th sound? It's a saturday, the 4th weekend in march. Lets shoot for this until someone gives us a heads up they can't make it, and then we can reschedule so we can all make it.

March 25th,  is later on so it should be warmer as well.

Any objections to this date?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#13]
That'll work for me.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Works for me (I hope).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Okay that makes 3 if Dale can make it. Anyone else? :)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in.. let me know a date and I'll bring some toys...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

March 25th.  

David, might want to put the date in the thread title.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I am up for an arfcom shoot/meet, a road trip once or twice a year is good, however i also prefer warmer season.

Just let me know what weekend you all decide on so i cam plan an early morning as this has to be a few hr drive
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

March 25th.  

David, might want to put the date in the thread title.

Done.

Crot, the date is March 25th for the time being, so far it's looking good. I'd figure probaly noonish or so to meet there. Suggestions are of course welcome ;)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Well my birthday is that Sunday so im sure ill be available. If those of you who shoot there can fill us in on details. Ammo, targets, snacks etc sold there or must bring? Ill prob bring ammo but sometimes you are surprised at how fast it goes. Whats daily fee? Have steel plates or all paper etc etc things like that

DanS
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a public outdoor range, pistol, shotgun and rifle areas, all papertargets on like metal stands.

Nothing for sale there... bring soda, snacks, food, whatever you want, bring ammo, ;)  Bring what you want to shoot, birng what you want to eat, and bring ammo.

See ya there ;)

Range fee is like... $3? Just put it in a box.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe we should line up a grill and guys can bring brats, hot dogs, burgers or what ever.  I have a couple of little portable grills that I will bring just in case anybody wants to bring food to cook.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Maybe we should line up a grill and guys can bring brats, hot dogs, burgers or what ever. I have a couple of little portable grills that I will bring just in case anybody wants to bring food to cook

that might not be a bad idea either.

Fee in box huh, so im assuming no rangemaster there? Do they have shooting benches or just stand at line? Should i bring a chair :)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#24]
A grill wouldn't be a bad idea, pick up some buns, brats, hot dogs, burgers, etc.... no rangemaster, they have benches and tables, but not the most comfortable.

:)

How long would everyone like to make it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#25]
well few hr drive to get there so a few hrs of shooting wouldnt hurt my feelings, but other then that im open
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone who has target stands should probably bring them.  There's usually only 3 or 4 stands for the entire range.  I have some campaign signs, and plenty of 100yd bulls.

I plan on being up there around 9am and staying until whenever.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#27]
do they have standard metal bases with wooden frames covered in cardboard? if someone is close and can get me some size dimentions I can check my scrap lumber and prob make a few.

stands similar to this http://www.mgmtargets.com/images/t-stand.jpg is what im thinking of but if something else let me know
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]
They just have some welded re-bar frames with a big archery style foam chunck to staple targets to.  Dale could probably get you some dimentions for IPCS/USPSA style frames like the one pictured above.  If you intend on putting IPSC/USPSA targets on them, the dimensions will be more critical, but we could always just staple a chunk of cardboard on it to staple targets to.

ETA: ah sorry, I thought you were talking about making bases.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#29]
bah you were talking about the stand/base, i was thinking the frame that goes in them, my bad.

hmm will have to think on this scrap steel i dont have but heck they only sell for $38
www.mgmtargets.com/stands.htm
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Well since Kevin will be there at about 9, so will I. Maybe a little earlier. I'll bring a shovel just incase to help make room for shooting, hopefully it warms up by then!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I am interested in coming. Not sure if I'll be able to get a ride home that weekend from UW-Platteville. Will keep you posted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I am interested in coming. Not sure if I'll be able to get a ride home that weekend from UW-Platteville. Will keep you posted.

We'd be happy to have you!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#33]
what are we up to now 5 or 6?

who is bringing their MP5, i really want to shoot one

any dealers going? might be a good time to pick up parts accs

did we want to do any specific shooting or just spray some lead " I have 1k rounds 223, I should get some more 9mm though
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I am so low on ammo for my AKs right now it's not funny.  I wonder where I can score some FMJ 7.62x39 real fast...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Not sure if you counted me , but I am planning to be there. Probably shooting the .22's due to poverty, but I will be there. I might bring a feind of mine also but he does not post here . should be a good time..

AND WE EVEN SCORED A TACK!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I am so low on ammo for my AKs right now it's not funny.  I wonder where I can score some FMJ 7.62x39 real fast...

Sportsmans in De Pere usually has a case for sale by the box, Dunham's in Green Bay usually has the same , i think last i checked they wanted $2.50 a box, more expensive than mail order , but beggar's can't be choosers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Do they have a policy against high RPM's?

How much room do they have for parking, shooting, watching, ect.

I'm thinking...okay, everyone off the floor and back in your seats. How many would come up to our neck of the state to run HRPM?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#38]
No policy against high RPM, though the Sheriff may show up if someone calls to complain.  The sheriff up there is pretty cool though.  Plenty of room, firing line is probably 75 yards long.  All kinds of parking space.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#39]
We'll call the Sheriff's office before hand to advise them of what will be going on. Nothing anyone can do about it as long as we dont shoot late into the night.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Right.  Range hours are 7am-dusk.  The Sheriff is the RO as well.  Just drives throught once or twice a day.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#41]
WOW, I am a complete moron, I was searching for this thread for the past 2 hours wondering where it went, and then I see the tack....

I feel special that it got a tack ;)

----

Full autos? WOOHOOO that would be awesome. I think it should be okay, who is going to call the local sheriff? Because we should find out NOW if he says NO, then do it up north in our neck of the woods.

Louie, we could ask to do it at the range in Suring if they wont let us in Shiocton, the Suring range is private, no one ever there, but it's kind of small...

Hmm, hopefully Shiocton works out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I am looking at the map linked, trying to figure out best way there. Do i need to go through the park to get there?? also what is 76 like south of town 55mph? should i just exit 41 on 76 or is there a better way?

Looks like 76 might be good from oshkosh to greenville.but how is it from greenville? Jeesh is is going to be a serious drive :)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I am looking at the map linked, trying to figure out best way there. Do i need to go through the park to get there?? also what is 76 like south of town 55mph? should i just exit 41 on 76 or is there a better way?

Looks like 76 might be good from oshkosh to greenville.but how is it from greenville? Jeesh is is going to be a serious drive :)

76 from Oshkosh to Greenville is s nice straight shot, but 55mph.  It will probably be faster to take 41 up to Appleton and exit on 15.  From Appleton to Greenville on 15 isn't as far as it looks.

Yes, you need to go through the park to get there.  If you zoom way in on the map, you can see the road in the park.  There are actually 2 ranges, a pistol range, and a rifle range.  We'll probably be on the rifle range.  Far south end, on the other side of the pond.  A dirt road goes off the soouth end of the paved loop.  There's nice signs in the park.  Can't miss it.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Trying to add the range into the park on Paint, but I can't get it to upload.

OK here we go.  Sorry for the terrible scribling.  I drew in the gravel roads the lead to the ranges.  Pistol range is north, and is encircled with a large berm.  Rifle ranges are to the south.  I drew in the access road, parking area, and the big arrow points to where the bullets will be going, lol.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#45]
great thanks that helps me alot. some of the guys saying 9am, its a 2 hr drive for me so i prob wont be there that early but it will be in the AM.

definatly looking forward to it
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#46]
DavidK, the Sheriff cant say no. It's a courtesy call to him so when call's start coming in about alot of gun fire the dept. can say "ok".

Can someone IM me the number of the Sheriff and the Chief of Shiocton.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Ok, so how far is the rifle range? Only 75 yards? Or is that the pistol range?

I might be pursuaded to come out. I have portable target stands if someone has some cardboard about the size of an IPSC target, for  backers.

Anyone shoot trap? Can you shoot it there??

Dale how far is this place from your club? You know "The Club"

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#48]
The range at Shiocton is 500 yards I believe.  I think that Shiocton is the better part of an hour from my house.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#49]
2 hours from my house. 500 yards you say. Might be a good opportunity to shoot the rifle at distance. I will check and see what the schedule looks like.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
2 hours from my house. 500 yards you say. Might be a good opportunity to shoot the rifle at distance. I will check and see what the schedule looks like.

*uses the Force* You will come.

---

Me and Kevin will be there about 8:30-9:00ish, I hope ;) Flamethrower, I can get cardboard... we have tons of boxes here at the store.

The range is like 20 minutes north of Appleton. It's like 12 minutes to the road that leads to shiocton then 7-8 minutes to shiocton and the range.

Louie, I was just saying... because since it's not privately owned, it's public, can't they say "NO FULL AUTO" ?

BTW- Nice drawing Kev ;)

Crotalus, it'll be well worth it even if you only bring .22's, I'm sure some of the other people wouldn't mind letting you try some other guns out, I know I wouldn't mind :)

I'll be bringing my M4gery, AK, Sig 220, Tactical Shotgun, and maybe a few others.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top