Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the reminder BC, I got to sign up early next week. I'll be there for this one, kinda mad I had to miss cold weather pistol.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Wanted to make this one really bad. I don't think I can fit it in. My best friend is getting married on the 10th and I am the best man. I don't think I will be in the best shape to handle a rifle, let alone get there in time.

BC what happened to tac handgun 1&2 and tac rifle 1&2 at your place this year??  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Count me in
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Count me in

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
HOLY SHIT!!!

It's actually a feasable date for me. Gotta talk to the wife.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HOLY SHIT!!!

It's actually a feasable date for me. Gotta talk to the wife.

Good shit!!!
And BTW can you make this?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't read the mailing, when is it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Count me in

Yup.

Uh huh. (x2)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
tag

I've got to check some things, but I think I can make it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.  Just paid and the paperwork will be in the mail tommarrow.  Now should I go drop leg or belt holster for the pistol?  Tac vest or just a drop leg for AR mags?  Decisions, decisions.  And I need ammo!  I wonder if I could get Mrs. None's help for this? - she seems to be great at firearms related shopping!

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm in.  Just paid and the paperwork will be in the mail tommarrow.  Now should I go drop leg or belt holster for the pistol?  Tac vest or just a drop leg for AR mags?  Decisions, decisions.  And I need ammo!  I wonder if I could get Mrs. None's help for this? - she seems to be great at firearms related shopping!

Train as you fight. I'm training mainly for late night home invasion types of events, so I'll be taking the class in the nude. I'd suggest steering clear of my spare mags, at least until I can wash 'em after the class.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#14]
So even though I asked off for this at the begining of the month I just had to do some wheelin and dealing so I could in fact be there for class. This shit is pissin' me off
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#15]
everyone better wheel and deal all they can to make this one.  Tommy going nude  where do you keep the extra mags,  oh wait I don't wanna know

I should be able to go and hope to bring the wife also

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
everyone better wheel and deal all they can to make this one.  Tommy going nude  where do you keep the extra mags,  oh wait I don't wanna know

I should be able to go and hope to bring the wife also

BTH out

Just wait 'til you see my one handed reload.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll bring the MAC with so yall can play a bit after class if ya want. I'm sure PX won't mind. So bring extra 9mm ammo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Train as you fight. I'm training mainly for late night home invasion types of events, so I'll be taking the class in the nude. I'd suggest steering clear of my spare mags, at least until I can wash 'em after the class.

Alright smarty: So what are you going to use for a sling?...Oh wait.  I just got a mental image of TT's nude single point sling.  Now that's going to take a lot of beer thearapy to get out of my head.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
 I just got a mental image of TT's nude single point sling.

No way in hell he's going to be able to shoulder that rifle.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I was gonna go until I found out about the naked ness.....Eheeewwwwwwww!

I'll just make sure I'm on the other end of the firing line...

Count me in.

Shit... I gotta pass, that's the Wife's B-day... sorry
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Count me in.

Bring her with. I can even loan her a rifle if needed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in.

Bring her with. I can even loan her a rifle if needed.

But she might want to bring her own sling.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#23]
In for two; just paid.

I'll get the apps in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:16:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in. Paid up and ready to go!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Paid up, I'm as good as there Wahoo!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Wife and I are`thinking about attending.  I know FMD is bringing AnnieO.  Is any one else bring their better half along to this?  She is a little aprehensive about this.  I told her not to worry but I she will have to decide for her self.

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#27]
The wife & I are both paid up and good to go.

Rouge1:

PLEASE have ldyrouge come along, my S.O. needs some company on the firing line, and yours already knows 3/4's of the crew that will be there.  We don't bite (well, except for Tommy, but he concentrates on None for the most part).

ETA: As an added bonus, she can look forward to grabbing my ass  yelling at me (ala AnnieO) for the Castor thing during the "stress shooting" portion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wife and I are`thinking about attending.  I know FMD is bringing AnnieO.  Is any one else bring their better half along to this?  She is a little aprehensive about this.  I told her not to worry but I she will have to decide for her self.

BTH out

T-J said he and the wife were going to be there as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
T-J said he and the wife were going to be there as well.

An arfcom family outing?  Woot!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

BTH out

I'd bring my wife, but I don't have a handgun or an AR for her. She's kind of in the same boat...a little aprehensive, but willing to go once I get her some of her own guns.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTH out

I'd bring my wife, but I don't have a handgun or an AR for her. She's kind of in the same boat...a little aprehensive, but willing to go once I get her some of her own guns.

I've got two spare ARs and I'm sure we could scrape up a spare pistol, in fact more then sure we could

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#32]
FMD do you think Sully would be gtg with her using the mp5 for a carbine?  That is the shoulder wearon she is most comfortable with.  

Newbhunter I am sure we could come up with a carbine/ pistol for your S.O. to use.

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
FMD do you think Sully would be gtg with her using the mp5 for a carbine?  That is the shoulder wearon she is most comfortable with.  

Newbhunter I am sure we could come up with a carbine/ pistol for your S.O. to use.

BTH out

I'm bringing both SBRs with too. If her issue is length of the gun that may help her out. I can't see Sully having an issue with her running the MP5, especially if thats what she is the most comfortable with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Ask him:

Cut and paste this:

[email protected]

into the "To:" field of your favorite email program.

Serious question, though:  Can she manipulate the safety one-handed (i.e. can she hit it with her thumb while in a firing grip), and do you have a good sling for it?  We go through a LOT of manipulations during presentation, and a long gun without a sling is going to get dropped.  Those would probably be the biggest hinderances (but I would still email Sully for a definative answer).

If not, doesn't your RDIAS gun have a 9MM upper?

ETA:  We'll have spare pistol(s), but damn near all are .45 ACP (we do have a loaner Makarov, but loading the 3 mags is a biotch, and we've got no hosters for it).  I'm also bringing an AK for Tommy to play with, if anyone feels like living dangerously.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#35]
I have the spare xd9 but only have 2 10rd mags.  no holster for it either maybe Tommy or none  can help us with this.  I also have a sig 228 if it comes back in time from repair  

As always you guy are welcome to shoot what ever I got.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTH out

I've got two spare ARs and I'm sure we could scrape up a spare pistol, in fact more then sure we could

I'll ask her when I get home from work tonight and see what she thinks. It would be fun if I could get her to come along.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have the spare xd9 but only have 2 10rd mags.  no holster for it either maybe Tommy or none  can help us with this.  I also have a sig 228 if it comes back in time from repair  

As always you guy are welcome to shoot what ever I got.

I've got extra XD holsters, but they're left hand configuration. I'll bring 'en in case that works out.

I'm loaning my spare AR to a friend for the class. I'd truely appreciate it if anyone could bring a spare in case one of ours shits the bed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Got my registration in today.

edit  -  I'll have a spare AR along "just in case"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'm loaning my spare AR to a friend for the class. I'd truely appreciate it if anyone could bring a spare in case one of ours shits the bed.

Will be bringing our 3.  Hopefully no one will have to use the 20" HB SPRminter with the BUIS.  Talk about a meltdown!  

Alternately, you could run the class with the AK.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will be bringing our 3.  Hopefully no one will have to use the 20" HB SPRminter with the BUIS.  Talk about a meltdown!  

Yeah, the AK can shoot both 7.62 and 5.56, can't it? That's what a SEAL told me at the gun show.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, the AK can shoot both 7.62 and 5.56, can't it? That's what a SEAL told me at the gun show.

You have to be careful with those gun show types.

Unless they have a valid space shuttle door gunner patch and they're selling beef jerky and beanie babies I doubt they're the real deal.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Feel free to try it (it is an AK ya know), but I'll have some 7.62x39 for ya anyhow.

BTW: No snappy comeback on the bite comment?  I'm crushed.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Just got off the phone with my wife. She said she's not intereted in coming to this one. Sorry rogueI.

I think part of it is that she just doesn't have a very big interest in shooting guns and part of it is that she might be a little afraid of looking dumb for being a beginner.

I'll see if I can work on her a little for the next shoot, but I'm not going to force her.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Whoooooot how about this?
We all just load our gun safes into our trucks (except FMD cause his truck is too small) and bring everything.

BTW Tommy does not bite
He just nibbles a little, or so his wifey tells me.

BTW my wifey is actually talking about going to a shoot sometime. She does not want to take a class yet but wants to actually learn to shoot.

FMD: I might be hitting you up for remedial training because she does not want to learn from me or Tom (she thinks we will be to strict).
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'll see if I can work on her a little for the next shoot, but I'm not going to force her.

Hey, Don't sweat it, this has been a recurring topic of discussion for me ever since Cleen took a handgun class. I have been doing some reading and preparing to advance her weapons training.

Here is a good article by Vicki Farnam, I have her book ordered.

If we don't get a specific "Gunfighting with Your Significant Other(s)" class going there will be a husband/wife "no fun shoot". This will be alot more than trigger time, and will involve  tactics and simple scenario based drills. If there is ever a "place" where mindset rules, keeping a clear head while protecting your loved one(s) is it.

bulletcatchR

I think that type of class would be really cool. I might be able to get my wife to come to one of those. I did get her down to Yellowstone once last year. She wasn't thrilled about going, but said she actually had a lot of fun afterwards, so sometimes I think she just needs a little prodding.

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
...except FMD cause his truck is too small...

At least I drive better than you...

BTW Tommy does not bite

He just nibbles a little

Finally someone responds!  Thank you...I think.

She does not want to take a class yet but wants to actually learn to shoot.

FMD: I might be hitting you up for remedial training because she does not want to learn from me or Tom (she thinks we will be to strict).

Then she'll be missing a lot.  Hell, maybe I can help, since I have "girlie wrists".

Tell ya what:  I'll teach your wife to shoot, and she can teach mine to shop for ammo at WallyWorld!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Here is a good article by Vicki Farnam, I have her book ordered.

Her book is good, but isn't earth-shattering.  In other words, it's worth reading, but not worth buying new if you can borrow someone else's copy.  And you know someone who already owns it  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Hope you all don't mind a couple of FIBs up in the course. Codycoyote and myself will be there in the flesh

I haven't been to a Sully class for over a year... and this time in Wisconsin not Minnesota! Hell we might even stop for cheese curds and some Spotted Cow brew in your glorious state. Will see you all there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#50]
I do have an extra XD9 with holster (RH) and mag carriers that I plan on bringing as B/U.  Anyone who needs it is welcome to borrow.

likebuddah: We welcome our flat landed bros.  Just ask Stopper.

On the wives thing:  I know my wife has been asking when we'll be getting together for another 'fun shoot' (warm weather, that is).  I think a progression from some 'fun shoots' (with some low key training snuck in) to some basic level classes and 'no-fun shoots' would help a lot of the ladies comfort level.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top