Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 8:31:30 AM EDT
What is Gander's price match policy. I think I heard they will match a competitor's price plus take an additional % off. What is this %? I would like to stick it to them for being way overpriced on alot of stuff.

I just got an ad in the Sun. newspaper and they have a 10/22 listed for 169.99 and in the same paper Dick's Sporting Goods has the same 10/22 listed for 159.98.  I don't need a 10/22 but if I can get it for 159.98 plus xx% off, why not!

Thanx, Stang
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#1]
From their website:

Gander Mountain's LOW PRICE GUARANTEE

You won't pay less anywhere else. We guarantee it! If you should find a lower price on an identical in-stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know about it and we will match that price and refund the difference, up to $50!

Restrictions: Refund limited to the first item. Additional quantities will be price matched only. We define local as within a one-hour drive of the store. Exclusions include rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. For buy one get one offers, coupons, and Internet pricing, we will meet the competitor's price. This price guarantee does not extend to dealers or resellers.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
This has come up before, a bunch of times, regarding ammo.
Wally world is consistantly cheaper on WWB ammo.
The idea was to force Gander to sell it cheaper than Wally world with the price match.

It HAS managed to work out with a few boxes, but for those of us who want cases at a time it just doesn't pay to drive around to different stores just to save a buck ON THE FIRST BOX ONLY.

PX caught them in a weak moment.
They were having a non-advertised 50% off manager's special on the WWB, and they were stupid enough to sell him all they had in stock, PLUS WRITE A RAINCHECK ..... for like 20000 rounds.
(Fuckin bastard, 'eh?)

We tried to get a 12000 round raincheck the next day and it was an utter no-go; not even a single box.

I don't think getting a $150 10/22 out of them is going to break them any.
There's still a healthy profit margin in it for them.

Good luck beating up The Man.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I get 100rds of 9mm for around $6.50 that way.  But they'll only let me buy 2 boxes at a time at that price.  Their normal price is around $15/box.

10/22 for $149. isn't too bad of a deal.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is Gander's price match policy. I think I heard they will match a competitor's price plus take an additional % off. What is this %? I would like to stick it to them for being way overpriced on alot of stuff.

I just got an ad in the Sun. newspaper and they have a 10/22 listed for 169.99 and in the same paper Dick's Sporting Goods has the same 10/22 listed for 159.98.  I don't need a 10/22 but if I can get it for 159.98 plus xx% off, why not!

Thanx, Stang

I've ran into situations where the manufacturer's part number was either a digit off or had a hypen or some crap like that. For instance, I see product that is marketed by a manufacturer for WalMart and they gave WallyWorld their own unique part number. Even though the firearm is an identical twin to something found elsewhere, the price match won't work becuase the little sticker at the end of the box says it's something else. I've seen more and more of this tactic also used on electronics. Bummer, huh?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Update... Just got back from GM. Someone must have beat me to it. The new "Everyday Low Price" is now 149.99. Don't know for sure but I bet someone called them on it and they lowered the price so they wouldn't have to price match. Bummer!!!

On a side note, I once asked for a price match on a few boxes of Q3131 and the pretty young girl asked if I had proof of the price. I told her I didn't have an ad or a receipt but I took a picture of a box with the price tag on it that I bought from Sportsman's Warehouse with my cell phone and to my surprise she gave them to me for the SW price which was WAY lower than GM. I tried it again a few days later, this time with an older lady, but she didn't go for it. She was going to call them and varify but I knew they were out of stock, so I told her that, and she said they only price match on "in stock items".

I know I'm sounding like a cheap SOB but I can't stand GM. It's not just the high prices, the service at the Green Bay store sucks. I wish Sportsman's was in my backyard instead of this shithole!

Stang
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The matching store must be within 30 miles of gander for them to match the price.I saw a walther 22 mag pistol i want at GM for $279,the price at SW is $235 so the match price would be $191 at GM.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Bummer Stang?  Did you pick up the 10/22, it's the same price as it would have been if you'd price match it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bummer Stang?  Did you pick up the 10/22, it's the same price as it would have been if you'd price match it.

Ya I know! No I didn't get it.  Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I heard form someone at GM say they priced matched plus take off something like 20 to 30% off of that. Can't remember exactly the %. I don't really want or need a 10/22 but figured if I could get it for $120-$130 OTD, why not.  Oh well, guess I'll have to spend the 150 bills burning a hole in my pocket on more ammo or something usefull like that And NO, it won't be at Gander Mt.

Stang
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya I know! No I didn't get it.  Maybe I was dreaming but I thought I heard form someone at GM say they priced matched plus take off something like 20 to 30% off of that. Can't remember exactly the %. I don't really want or need a 10/22 but figured if I could get it for $120-$130 OTD, why not.  Oh well, guess I'll have to spend the 150 bills burning a hole in my pocket on more ammo or something usefull like that And NO, it won't be at Gander Mt.

Stang

Gander will price match plus subtract the difference.  So if walfart is selling them for $149, you should be doing well by buying it at Gander.   Aside from ammo, I also bought a few hi cap 10/22 mags using this system.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats what I did when I bought a p22. GM had it for 280 and Sportmans had it for 240. So the matched the price at 240 and took off the differance of 40 so i got the gun for 218 out the door after tax and fees. Not bad. This was at the GM out on Bluemound road. They admitted to me they were losing money on it lol. I am tempted to find a rifle like a cricket single shot .22 at walmart for 89 or something and then go to gander when they have it for 139 just to get the rifle for about $40.

I got gander to price match to a special order firearm at walmart. I got my Ruger deerfield for about $100 less then their price that way.

Now.... i just gotta find some item that has a pretty big price discrepancy that gander carries.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Stang,   I bought about 8 boxes of Black Hills 68gr HMHP using the discount at GM.  That was on 2 boxes I already had bought a few days before.  I brought the receipt and told them Sportsman's Warehouse had it cheaper.  They called and verified the price and then I cleaned out their shelf of the remaining 6 boxes.  They had a discount mailer coupon on anything over $50 at the time so I got that discount as well.  Grabbed the farther-in-laws card the next day and bought another $50 worth.  Got it for about $3-$4 off per box.  Can't beat that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I HATE!!!! gander , the Green Bay store has the worst customer service I have ever seen ANYWHARE!!! ,That's impressive since I lived in Connecticut for 20 some years. Never knew about the price match thing , I may have to stop in once in a while to see if i can screw them on something. I love living walking distance to Sportsman's in De Pere thoughmy wallet is not so happy with that situation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I HATE!!!! gander , the Green Bay store has the worst customer service I have ever seen ANYWHARE!!! ,That's impressive since I lived in Connecticut for 20 some years. Never knew about the price match thing , I may have to stop in once in a while to see if i can screw them on something. I love living walking distance to Sportsman's in De Pere thoughmy wallet is not so happy with that situation.

I agree totally!!!  Never saw such poor service. What can we do to make those shitbags suffer?

I wish I was in your shoes spray, as I live a stones throw from Gander. When they built the store I thought great, finally a good funstore near my house. Boy was I wrong!!! Those bastards took the land I used to go and shoot my BB gun when I was a kid.

We need to band together and take advantage of their mistakes whenever possible. If anyone ever finds a loophole let all of us know so we can take advantage.

On a side note, where do you shoot spray, we should get together some time and throw some lead down range. I usually go to the Machikenee(spelling?)range in Abrams. Its only a 100yrd range but its pretty nice. I've only had my AR for 2yrs now and never knew how much I would be shooting it. Its like a sickness

Stang
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Here in SE wis we have cabelas opening this fall so it will probably put GM out of business!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Ahh don't tell me that, Where will it be located. I'm a serios cabelas junky.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I heard a rumor a few months ago that the old dog track in Kaukauna was going to become a Cabelas. Anybody know anything of this?

Stang
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Its going to be in washington county right where 41 and 45 split.The ground is broken for construction already.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Update... Just got back from GM. Someone must have beat me to it. The new "Everyday Low Price" is now 149.99. Don't know for sure but I bet someone called them on it and they lowered the price so they wouldn't have to price match. Bummer!!!

On a side note, I once asked for a price match on a few boxes of Q3131 and the pretty young girl asked if I had proof of the price. I told her I didn't have an ad or a receipt but I took a picture of a box with the price tag on it that I bought from Sportsman's Warehouse with my cell phone and to my surprise she gave them to me for the SW price which was WAY lower than GM.his

Stang

Where the hell did you find Q3131 at Sportsmans Warehouse?  The one in New Berlin carries shit for 5.56.  .....and at what price????

Does anyone know where to get 5.56 locally???  NOT GANDER Pref.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I heard a rumor a few months ago that the old dog track in Kaukauna was going to become a Cabelas. Anybody know anything of this?

Stang

The old dog track has been rumored to be 20 different things in the past 10 years.   They should just bulldoze the place.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Washington County Hwy 41 & 45 Split
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that far from the GM in German town rumor control is that GM might build a super store in the same area
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that far from the GM in German town rumor control is that GM might build a super store in the same area

Cabela's wants that site, but they want the tax payers of the county to foot the bill for the building and lot. I say they can get lost.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm amazed anyone buys anything from Gander mountain........

Ammo.. forget it.
I get it all off the net in 1K lots

It's not like Ammo spoils.....

9mm.anything over $6 per 50 is to much

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to that dog track once.  A long time ago... my dad lives in Kaukauna.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Stang

Where the hell did you find Q3131 at Sportsmans Warehouse?  The one in New Berlin carries shit for 5.56.  .....and at what price????

Does anyone know where to get 5.56 locally???  NOT GANDER Pref.

The sportsman's Warehouse in Green Bay had Q3131A a few months ago but I cleaned them out. I was in there Mon. and asked if they were going to get any more in and they said they were having a hard time getting ammo. I don't know if that meant Winchester ammo, Winchester Q3131, or all ammo? IIRC the price was about $4.50 a box. Not bad compaired to $5.99 GM sells it for.

Stang
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree totally!!!  Never saw such poor service. What can we do to make those shitbags suffer?

I wish I was in your shoes spray, as I live a stones throw from Gander. When they built the store I thought great, finally a good funstore near my house. Boy was I wrong!!! Those bastards took the land I used to go and shoot my BB gun when I was a kid.

We need to band together and take advantage of their mistakes whenever possible. If anyone ever finds a loophole let all of us know so we can take advantage.

On a side note, where do you shoot spray, we should get together some time and throw some lead down range. I usually go to the Machikenee(spelling?)range in Abrams. Its only a 100yrd range but its pretty nice. I've only had my AR for 2yrs now and never knew how much I would be shooting it. Its like a sickness

Stang

email me at sks(dot)sprayandpray(at)yahoo(dot)com.

I usually go out to shiocton , they got one of the nicest ranges i have ever seen out there,
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Gander in Howard price matches plus takes the $10 Sportsman's Coupons.  
The fact that Gander upper management is retarded enough to ban AR's and M1A's from their stores is enough to make you go somewhere else.   It is hard to stay away those times when you can save $30 on a rifle though.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Where or how do you get the SW $10 coupons? GM doesn't have jack for inventory compared to SW!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#29]
i for one just cant wait for the new cabellas to open end of the year, what a hurt it will put on the local gander and being close it will be a big bonus
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I drove by the site of the new Cabellas and they are going full bore with earth movers and this was on a saturday!  I can't wait.  The Gander plans for build a superstore in the area have been dropped.  Hopefully Gander, Cabellas, and Midwestern will get into price wars.  I really hope the Cabellas has a decent indoor range.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#31]
How is the Bass Pro over the border haven't been there for awhile
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Decent selection on long guns and ammo.  No evil guns.  They did get Glocks 2 years ago.  Before that they only carried hunting handguns.  Range is nice but only for handguns and they will yell at you for double taps.  Great archery range.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top