Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 4:30:09 PM EDT
Went to gander mt in janesville to pick up some .30-30 for this coming saturdays FNS. They had 1, yes O-N-E box of .30-30 flat point (lever action, cant use anythign with a point if you already dont know). Oh but you could get boxes of 45-70. Really HOW MANY rifles are in this area that are 45-70? Come on. I undertand having alot of .06, .308, .300win and teh other common calibers, but to have a bunch of ODD ONES? Not gonna mention how inept a few of teh firearms employees there are either.

Geesh.

Tried walmart but their firearms section is pretty much confined to a 10' section of one aisle now and 99% shotgun. Guess they are going the way of Kmart in regards to firearms. Farm and Fleet closed at 8pm last night so there was out of the question.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
45/70 is an odd calibure?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Being sarcastic. Although I have yet to see anyone with one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats typical of Gander.  Either they don't have it, or when they do, its so overpriced that they might as well not have it.
I gave up shopping there years ago.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The madison Ganders usually have a bunch of 30-30 and stuff like that.  Still trying to get them to stock BH 77gr tho. . .
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys ACTUALLY buy ammo from Gander Mountain........

I stopped doing that years ago.... buy your shit off the Internet and buy in bulk,,, big savings and ammo does not spoil......
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
should of went just down the road to Dunnhams and got your ammo.  John has spent alot of time getting the ammo dept squared away.   they now carry wolf gold and even some surplus ammo for the old military stuff(7.62x51, 7.62x54r,8mm,and 8x56r to name a few). and they can sell you anything gander can,but you might have to wait a week if its not in stock,  and I have found them cheaper alot of times.  I was there saturday to pick up another endfield, and they even had a new ar15a2 Armalite (as you know gander wont stock an"evil black rifle")on the shelf next to the turk mausers, endfields, k31;s etc... and shotguns.  I dont even waist my time in Gander any more, and I will not step foot in that gepheart store!  its right next to Prime Quarter.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Duhnams was closed by time I got there.

Usually get factory anno from Farm and Fleet for it. If I'm in madsion, Rusks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
should of went just down the road to Dunnhams and got your ammo.  John has spent alot of time getting the ammo dept squared away.   they now carry wolf gold and even some surplus ammo for the old military stuff(7.62x51, 7.62x54r,8mm,and 8x56r to name a few). and they can sell you anything gander can,but you might have to wait a week if its not in stock,  and I have found them cheaper alot of times.  I was there saturday to pick up another endfield, and they even had a new ar15a2 Armalite (as you know gander wont stock an"evil black rifle")on the shelf next to the turk mausers, endfields, k31;s etc... and shotguns.  I dont even waist my time in Gander any more, and I will not step foot in that gepheart store!  its right next to Prime Quarter.

Where is this this Dunnhams t? sounds like thy have some stuff my local dealers don't have.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I own a marlin guide gun in 45-70.Its a very neat gun and the reason i got into reloading because i didn't want to pay $1 a rd.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#10]
My Dad has a Winchester 1886 in 45/70. It is a lot of fun to shoot.

Sounds like Gander did a bad job on inventory if they don't have any 30/30 shells.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
No 30-30!? In WI to boot!?  Heretics!  Burn them at the stake!

Anyhow, you won't save much, if any, buying 30-30 in bulk, as it's still comparably priced to stores ($8 a box)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where is this this Dunnhams t? sounds like thy have some stuff my local dealers don't have.

In Janesville its on HWY 14 west of Walmart.

In Madison theres a store in Westgate Mall at the corner of Whitney Way and Odana Rd.

If these rifles ha dmore than 20 rnds through them a year, I'd reload them. But I;m not gonna get new dies and keep powder and flat nose bullets around if thats all they usually get fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top