Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:37:52 AM EDT
Is the waiting period for handguns still 3 days in WI.?

I remember when I had my hunter's safety course (8th grade) that our instructor (Mr. Olson) told us the reason for the 3 day waiting period was a "cooling off" period - that way if somebody was pissed, they had to wait 3 days to take possession of a handgun and by that time, they would have cooled off.

I always thought it was a bullshit law, but when I lived there, I had to abide by it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#1]
per the wisconsin legal FAQ by Glenn_r it's 48 hours.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
TWO DAYS !!!!  

....... BUT I'M PISSED OFF NOW!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
TWO DAYS !!!!  

....... BUT I'M PISSED OFF NOW!!!!!

Thats twice today I've seen the homer simpson but I'm mad/pissed now comment in a waiting period thread
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
yeppers 48 hours :P although alot of places make you wait 3 days
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Brother Cheap..... nice posts on AF&A.M.'s on the other boards.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: Brother Cheap..... nice posts on AF&A.M.'s on the other boards.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#7]
14 days in Connecticut for a rifle unless you have a pistol permit, You can't buy a handgun without one ,

If it is a "cooling off period" it shouldn't apply to people who already own guns , No need to cool off before you go to the closet to get the 12 gauge to kill the old lady.
It's bullshit, Plain and simple , just another gun law they were able to get past the uniniated , "for the children". Why don't you ask Bonnie Elmasri <SP?>about the  waiting period, Oh wait right YOU CAN"T FUCKING ASK HER SHE"S DEAD!!!! right here in Wisconsin her ex husband killed her and her kids (so much for , for the children) before the 48 hours was up. too bad soooo sad, she was waiting to pick up her gun for self defense though, I do feel better about that. <sarchasm off>
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top