Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:37:56 AM EDT
Update:  The Dems got a couple of bastards to flip.

Thread title changed to reflect the situation.

Now with poll.  Comments after the vote are on page 3 4.
Original post:

Link to SB403

Listen to the Assembly here

Click either the "Video Frame" or "Audio" tabs up at the top (runs through Windows Media Player).  

The Assembly is scheduled to start the session @ 11:00 AM this morning.  SB403 (The Personal Protection Act) is pretty much the first thing on the agenda after roll call.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
tag...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yah I'm here for this one!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Bullshit.
I am leaving this state as soon as possible.  Bunch of communist sons of bitches.  If things don't change with our next governor, then this state is lost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
tag.  I'm pessimistic.  Love to be wrong, though, and well practiced at it too...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone want to bet they go into recess right away for party meetings so the dems can beat on the 6 who voted for the bill and try and get them to pull a Kerry.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Fingers crossed, but pessimistic
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna vote +1 on the immediate recess.

I would Oh so love for it to go through, but am fearfull of it not.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I just said the same thing to my wife.

"The chances of them conviening at 1100 and getting right to this are zero.
They'll go into caucuses so that they can do their sleazy politicing thing behind closed doors."

If they go right to the vote, it's because the dems are confident that they've flipped enough votes.
Otherwise they'll drag their heels for most of the day.

Kinda wish I could drive over there just to hang out with the fun folks in Zien's office.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Crossing my fingers.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Based on some emails I have seen I'm feeling confident about this veto override.  

An email from Democrat Assembly Leader Kreuser calling out Republican Townsend & urging him to flip his vote to oppose the PPA like he did during the 2003-2005 legislation leaders me to believe that the pressure on the Democrat Assembly reps isn't working, I hope at least!

I'll keep my fingers cross, I ordered a IWB holster regardless
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had my holsters for years now.....

IF this does go through, I may have to celebrate with the purchase of a new toy though.  I will also be looking to sign up for a course with the specified criteria that will be needed for a carry permit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

IF this does go through, I may have to celebrate with the purchase of a new toy though.  I will also be looking to sign up for a course with the specified criteria that will be needed for a carry permit.

It will take time for WDOJ to put out those criteria and to certify instructors.....

Everyone thats taken a class is pretty much gpoing to have to take one more to get thier CCW, thats one thing I liked about the last version of the bill most of us would have been GTG right away.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It will take time for WDOJ to put out those criteria and to certify instructors.....

Everyone thats taken a class is pretty much gpoing to have to take one more to get thier CCW, thats one thing I liked about the last version of the bill most of us would have been GTG right away.

Yep, there will be lots of feet dragging in getting it implemented. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few court cases to try to stop it as well, or court cases to force them to implement it. I think if it passes we'll be lucky to have permits available by this fall.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry that I haven't actually read the bill, but since I am not from MN I don't care THAT much. I was just wondering if they are including reciprocity or honoring other state's permits? Also, can somebody post an update as soon as anything improtant happens for those of us who have access to a computer, but no sound?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think if it passes we'll be lucky to have permits available by this fall.

My goodness, you'r probably right !!!

What will everyone do in the mean time?  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think if it passes we'll be lucky to have permits available by this fall.

My goodness, you'r probably right !!!

What will everyone do in the mean time?  

The same thing we've been doing up until now?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sorry that I haven't actually read the bill, but since I am not from MN I don't care THAT much. I was just wondering if they are including reciprocity or honoring other state's permits? Also, can somebody post an update as soon as anything improtant happens for those of us who have access to a computer, but no sound?

IIRC there is reciprocity built in. I can't remember for sure, but I think it said WI will honor permits from any state that requires a similar training class.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Well folks here we go should be starting in less then 5mins
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#20]
And by MN, I really meant WI. Its all the same, friggin cold ;-)

Anyway, the reason I care, other than to get all 50 states issuing, is there are a few job opportunities there (although I don't think those companies will be at this career fair). Regardless, I want to maximize the number of states I am willing to move to, and right now it is around 10 or so.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well folks here we go should be starting in less then 5mins

So far the website shows:

*   SB403 - Links...
     Vote-Refer to Committee
     Vote-Concurrence

Does that mean they're headed off for arm twisting?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#22]
GAME ON!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#23]
WOOHOOO !!!!!!!

We got January recognized as Cervical Cancer Month!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
WOOHOOO !!!!!!!

We got January recognized as Cervical Cancer Month!

Everyone can leave now. The important work is done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, now that I borrowed a set of headphones (while I am in class :D ) I am underwhelmed. I forgot how boring it was to watch politicks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#26]
fall,  i feel a training curiculum would take a year or more to set up,  and permits would take 18 months or more  but lets take it one step at a time and hope for the best.  here comes the cacuas bs

BTH out
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well, now that I borrowed a set of headphones (while I am in class :D ) I am underwhelmed. I forgot how boring it was to watch politicks.

Just wait till they get to argueing over the CCW bill again.

Damn recesse for caucuses talk already.......

Wonder how long they will be out for, probably an hour or more.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#28]
fall,  i feel a training curiculum would take a year or more to set up,  and permits would take 18 months or more  but lets take it one step at a time and hope for the best.  here comes the cacuas bs

BTH out
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Well that was certainly riveting.

So starts the long day of arm twisting, dirty dealing, and political jockeying.

How much does your vote cost?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

BTH out

The stuff that has to be covered in the class is pretty well laied out in the bill as to what you have to cover, what will probably take the most time is criteria for certifying instructors. If it passes today I'm going to be all over WDOJs ass till I find out what it's going to take for certification.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Into Caucus 11:28am
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Yep, I figured it would just take as long as the intro's and they would be in recess.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If it passes today I'm going to be all over WDOJs ass till I find out what it's going to take for certification.

Yeah, and I'll be on them like white on rice to get February recognized as breast cancer prevention month.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wait till they get to argueing over the CCW bill again.

Damn recesse for caucuses talk already.......

Wonder how long they will be out for, probably an hour or more.....

It'll probablylast until late at night.

That way if they pass it the media can talk about the dirty business done in the late hours of the night.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#35]
late to show up damit gotta sit way out here in the back of the thread, but it doesn't look like i missed much,          
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I like how the one representative played the "Martin Luther King" card already.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Gun control weas initiated largely to prevent freed slaves from having access to arms.
We should play the card right back at them.

"We got rid of all the other Jim Crow laws, it's time to get rid of this one too."

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I got $1 that says they don't get back to this till after1300. Any takers?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTH out

The stuff that has to be covered in the class is pretty well laied out in the bill as to what you have to cover, what will probably take the most time is criteria for certifying instructors. If it passes today I'm going to be all over WDOJs ass till I find out what it's going to take for certification.

Mark,
Doesn't handgun 1-2 that you took with Sully meet the critera????
Dave
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun control weas initiated largely to prevent freed slaves from having access to arms.
We should play the card right back at them.

"We got rid of all the other Jim Crow laws, it's time to get rid of this one too."

T-J lets not confuse the Libs with the truth about the racist roots of gun control. They have a hard enough time with reality as it is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTH out

Mark,
Doesn't handgun 1-2 that you took with Sully meet the critera????
Dave

Yes and no, yes because Sully covered everything that is really needed and no because Sully is not certified by WDOJ to teach Wisconsin CCW classes no one is right now and won't be and thats one of the requiirements of the class that the instructor be certified by WDOJ.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#42]
The audio link didn't work for me, I'll just hope that you guys keep me updated here :)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The audio link didn't work for me, I'll just hope that you guys keep me updated here :)

You won't hear anything on the audio feed right now as they are in recess so the Dems can beat up on thier hold outs voting for the override. They need some arm twisting time
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Oh come on now... You get to listen to some Wonderful Music while you wait... (YAWN.....)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Oh come on now... You get to listen to some Wonderful Music while you wait... (YAWN.....)

I didn't get music, it said "The server is not responding"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't get music, it said "The server is not responding"

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#47]
On a side note, while we're waiting, I do believe Alito was confirmed.  I don't know if this is old news
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm getting an audio feed, it is just silent.  I've had it on for 2 hrs, 24 minutes, and 28 seconds now.  Maybe too many people are accessing it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Like riding UP and DOWN all day in an elevator....

(each time my sound cuts out I think.... Ooooh are they back?  NOPE must just be the music starting over... LOL!!!)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Barb Lawton is a giant bitch the Lt Governor.

Link

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top