Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:01:05 PM EDT
There was an auction today in Oregon, the former owner of Viking sports in Stoughton had a bunch of stuff in storage. He was killed in a car accident last year.

Unfortunately, I had to leave before they got to the ammo and guns

Anyone else there? do you remember what things  went for? I didn't think I'd stick around for the guns, but I was kinda interested in the 7.62x39 and .223 ammo and the the box of garand clips.

John
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Over priced, I think the garand clips went for $40-45.00. I bought the 223 ammo for $35.00. I thought the guns were high priced, the best deal was probably the SKS for $100.00 or the Ruger MK I $140.00?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap.

Oregon is my hometown, and I missed it.

Grr. . .

Stupid having to go back to college today. . .
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Way to keep everyone in the loop.
I guess if you did that we would drive the prices up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Way to keep everyone in the loop.
I guess if you did that we would drive the prices up.

Yeah, thanks for the "heads up" on that sale guys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
jeez guys...its in the freakin paper! I didn't even find out about it til thursday.

John
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
There was plenty of people with way too much money to throw away.
FYI, for those who didn't get informed: Read the Sunday paper for this stuff!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't see it in the Oshkosh NorthWestern.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There was plenty of people with way too much money to throw away.
FYI, for those who didn't get informed: Read the Sunday paper for this stuff!

What if we can't read?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys didn't miss all that much. Of the 7 firearms my friend and I were interested in buying, 6 of them magically had been pulled from the auction prior to start.

Originally there were 2 Colt Navy 1911's that we were seriously considering investing in, but alas, they were amongst those that pulled a houdini on us.

Also, most of the auctioneers have websites where they list the auctions they have comming up as a resource other than the local papers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd wondered what happened to the navy 1911's. All I saw were the"match" guns and 9mm's.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top