Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 11:07:35 AM EDT
Two classes this summer space is limited sign up early

Friends,

As some of you know Louis has agreed to conduct a Handgun and Shotgun class in Wisconsin this summer.   The host facility will be the Racine County Line Rifle Club off Seven Mile Road on the border between Milwaukee County and Racine County.

The Handgun class dates are July 28-30th 2006 and Shotgun July 31st – August 1st 2006.  The cost will be $500 per class with a $125 deposit up front.

I have enclosed an application and brochure for this event.  Please copy and distribute them as necessary.  

I urge you to act quickly if you have an interest in either class because space is limited.

Your space in the class is not secured until I have your deposit.

TACTICAL HANDGUN –STAGE I with Louis Awerbuck
July 28-30th 2006 Racine, Wisconsin

This three day course is designed to create reflexive gunhandling, good marksmanship and tactical thinking.  This course encompasses shooting from a ready position, the drawstroke and shooting from the holster, shooting from various tactical body positions, loading, unloading and reloading, malfunction clearances, shooting on the move, and weapon retention. Reflexive gunhandling and mental control will leave your mind free to concentrate on SHOT PLACEMENT AND TACTICS. While marksmanship training is certainly necessary, it must be combined with tactics and street practical target systems and situations to allow any possibility of surviving a real-world confrontation.  

Louis Awerbuck worked at the original Gunsite Ranch as Chief Rangemaster until 1987 and is a Senior Rangemaster for the current Gunsite Academy. With over 30 years instructional experience, he was a contributory adjunct instructor to the Marine Corps Security Force Bn Atlantic combat smallarms program. He has trained in the civilian and police firearms field and has instructed military personnel from various United States bases including Special Forces units. NRA Police Certified, an active member of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (I.A.L.E.F.I.), American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers (A.S.L.E.T.), he has authored three books “The Defensive Shotgun”,  “Hit or Myth”, and “Tactical Reality”,  co-produced the video “The Combat Shotgun”, is a contributing author to SWAT magazine.

• Expect a relaxed, friendly atmosphere in which to train with your firearm.

• Expect to expend only that amount of ammunition required to properly learn and perform an individual drill. We believe that quality is more important than quantity. Once the class is performing a drill without major problems, we will continue on another subject. A drill, once learned, is “perfected” as the course progresses.

• Expect to have time taken to find causes of and the cures for any marksmanship problems one may have. We will gladly work during breaks, after class hours, etc. to help an individual student with such problems.
Cost: $500 per student
Facilitator / Contact:
Jeff Whisler [email protected]
Triad Consulting Ltd. 262-783-6502
W169 N5243 Oak Ridge Trail
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

APPLICATION FOR TRAINING
1. Please reserve _______________ space(s) for me in the class(es) indicated:
Date: July 28-30th 2006   Date: ______________________
Location: Racine County Line Rifle Club Location: ___________________
Class: Tactical Pistol One Weaponry: __________________
2. I enclose my deposit of $125 per space. I will pay the balance of my tuition upon registration. (Please make checks payable to Jeff Whisler) The deposit is binding and non-refundable. Payment in full is due at the course start.
3. I agree to abide meticulously by all safety procedures required of me and I understand that my instruction may be terminated at any time during the course if I fail to cooperate with safety requirements. I further agree to sign a statement releasing TRIAD CONSULTING, LTD. & Racine County Line Rifle Club from responsibility for any injury I may sustain during the training program.
4. I agree to sign a sworn statement that I have never been convicted of any crime, at any time, in any jurisdiction.
5. In signing this application, I certify that I will be at least of sufficient legal age at the time of the class to possess the firearm, or will be accompanied by my parent or legal guardian.
NAME (Please print) __________________________________________________
Address _____________________________________________________________
City ___________________________ State ________________ Zip ____________
Telephone __________________________(Business phone) ___________________
E-mail address ________________________________________________________
Make, model and caliber of weapon you plan to bring _________________________
Signature ____________________________________________________________
Return completed form and check to:

TRIAD CONSULTING, LTD.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-0661

APPLICATION FOR TRAINING
1. Please reserve _______________ space(s) for me in the class(es) indicated:
Date: July 31- August 1st 2006   Date: ______________________
Location: Racine County Line Rifle Club Location: ___________________
Class: Tactical Shotgun One Weaponry: __________________
2. I enclose my deposit of $125 per space. I will pay the balance of my tuition upon registration. (Please make checks payable to Jeff Whisler) The deposit is binding and non-refundable. Payment in full is due at the course start.
3. I agree to abide meticulously by all safety procedures required of me and I understand that my instruction may be terminated at any time during the course if I fail to cooperate with safety requirements. I further agree to sign a statement releasing TRIAD CONSULTING, LTD. & Racine County Line Rifle Club from responsibility for any injury I may sustain during the training program.
4. I agree to sign a sworn statement that I have never been convicted of any crime, at any time, in any jurisdiction.
5. In signing this application, I certify that I will be at least of sufficient legal age at the time of the class to possess the firearm, or will be accompanied by my parent or legal guardian.
NAME (Please print) __________________________________________________
Address _____________________________________________________________
City ___________________________ State ________________ Zip ____________
Telephone __________________________(Business phone) ___________________
E-mail address ________________________________________________________
Make, model and caliber of weapon you plan to bring _________________________
Signature ____________________________________________________________
Return completed form and check to:

TRIAD CONSULTING, LTD.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-0661

www.yfainc.com/schedule.htm

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark,

Thank you very much for ALL your help and posting this annoucement.

If there are any questions from the readers please let me know and I will try and answer them.  I know it will be a great class.

Jeff
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mark,

+1

Unfortunately, I'll be attending a TR/GRMS Tac Med class when this is happening.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
big tagola
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
500.00 per student......dam thats expensive for us workin folks

seriously why are these classes so expensive????????????

schools i can understand due to the facilities they have......
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Have to pay for the instructor, Who inturn have to pay for food, lodging and travel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:28:06 AM EDT
[#6]
OPS144,

I understand your concern about the cost of training classes.  I remember when the only training I got was the free classes from my uncle.

I believe that for this class and this instructor you are getting your moneys worth.  Louis is a world class instructor and coach.  His schedule for 2006 has been full for sometime.  The cost is comparable to that of a new handgun and less than most rifles.  When my son turned 21 I considered many places to send him for training and in the end I chose Louis.  I can think of no higher compliment.

I am extremely fortunate in that I can afford this quality of training.  Not everyone can.  Don't confuse the value of something with the ability to afford it. They are two separate issues.  I think Louis is worth it, only you can answer whether you can afford it.

BTW, I get no money out of this experience, its simply a chance for me to renew my friendship.

Jeff
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:08:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mark,

+1

Unfortunately, I'll be attending a TR/GRMS Tac Med class when this is happening.

I got an email about that:

"...we are returning to the K-2 area of the western Himalayas in the summer of 2006 for another incredible wilderness & expedition medicine learning adventure!"

Is that the one you're going to? Fucker?
I'm totally jealous.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HRCC -Medical Package

bulletcatchR

Saving up the pennies for it, I can't think of a better birthday present to myself then taking that class.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:32:48 AM EDT
[#11]
<hijack>
Sorry guys.

Quoted:

Quoted:
HRCC -Medical Package

Saving up the pennies for it, I can't think of a better birthday present to myself then taking that class.

Remember, you'd miss the LA pistol class (at least).

Doc Brown will be somewhere in Pakistan/Nepal while the HRCC Tac Med class is going on. That trip is the one you're referring to TJ, and I am wholly unqualified to go; both professionally and financially.
</hijack>
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
<hijack>
Sorry guys.

Quoted:

Quoted:
HRCC -Medical Package

Remember, you'd miss the LA pistol class (at least).

Doc Brown will be somewhere in Pakistan/Nepal while the HRCC Tac Med class is going on. That trip is the one you're referring to TJ, and I am wholly unqualified to go; both professionally and financially.
</hijack>

Yah i know, but I'd rather get the medical training.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
BC,

The class maximum is 16.  I have 4 confirmed with deposits already in hand.  If I believe the e-mails I will have 4 more by next week.

FWIW,  IF Wisconsin passes the PPA and IF I can get DOJ to certify me I will endeavor to make sure those that take the pistol class get their CCW chit if they don't already have it.

Jeff

[email protected]
262-783-6502

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top