Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 2:30:36 PM EDT
Who is working on this from the board and what can we (MN residents) do to help? I heard  the bill is pretty bad but as good as could be hoped for with the Governer being against it. It is going to be close so it looks like it is going to take a lot of calls and letter writing. I just downloaded the text but haven't read it all yet. The text of the bill is at:

www.legis.state.wi.us/2005/data/SB-403.pdf

Here is the CCRN eblast I got:

In the coming weeks, it is extremely important that you write, call and email your representatives to either thank them for their vote, or to urge them to reconsider their positions and vote to override Governor Doyle's veto. If Representative Gary Sherman could change his position last year and vote to sustain Doyle's veto then, with enough pressure from constituents, a legislator who voted against the bill today can change his or her position and vote to override the veto.

The first veto override session will take place in the Senate sometime in January, and then will be followed by an Assembly veto override vote.

That gives us just weeks to convince members of the Assembly that their chances of re-election this fall lie not with the governor, but with the massive numbers of gun owners in the state.

This has been a tough fight, and we've come a long way, too far to give up now.

We've reached the number of votes to defeat Doyle.
Whether or not we win is
up to you.

To get the contact information for your
representative, go to
http://165.189.139.210/waml/ and enter your address.

And, please forward this to every friend of Freedom that you know.

Thanks,
The Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Who is working on this from the board and what can we (MN residents) do to help? I heard  the bill is pretty bad but as good as could be hoped for with the Governer being against it.

I don't think any of the WCCA/M leadership is here on Arfcom.  There's already been some discussion here in the WIHTF as far as calling/writing our reps (we get the WICCA newsletter too).

As far as what you 'sotans can do to help, I don't have an easy answer for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top