Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 5:16:25 PM EDT
Ok, so I need some advice/information. I am going to buy a lower from someone so I can build my own rifle. This is not a FTF so there must be a transfer I would assume. Having never purchased a lower or a transferrable item from anywhere but the local gun store I am really at a loss for what really needs to happen and what I need to do. Can someone fill me in on the details?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's from someone out of state, then it must go through a FFL-01.
A gun store can do it, but they usually have high prices to process the transaction; worth checking though.

You can shop for a transfer dealer HERE.
The paperwork will be identical to buying a complete rifle.

Arfcom has really good instructions on assembling the rifle, and most of your buds in this forum have already build our own. So, you're home free once you get all your parts together.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So I pay the person selling the lower what he is charging for the lower. Then pay the transfer agent his fee correct?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll have to get a signed copy of the FFL you are using and mail it along with your payment.That is where they'll have to send it.You can also fax them now if it's coming from another dealer.You'll do all the paperwork when he has the receiver and can visually check the serial #.The whole time your'e biting your nails waiting for him to call you and say"Yeah,it's here"

That's the routine with the guy I use except he "forgets" to call and say its in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top