Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 6:44:12 PM EDT
My wife wants to move back to the Green Bay area in a few years.  I made deal with her saying I would move up there if I could get a class III weapon.    Hello expensive toy and huge ammo budget.

I was wondering what ranges outdoor or indoor are around there.  This is her dream but I want a range nearby.  I got a indoor pistol range withing 10 minutes which is very nice.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no public indoor pistol range in the Green Bay area.  There is a very small private indoor range at the DePere Sportsmans Club and there is a nice modern indoor range for police use at NWTC.  I belong to the Nicolet Rifle Club which has a very nice outdoor range with targets at 25. 50. 75, 100 and 200 yards.  Membership is only $50 a year.  There are rifle and pistol matches throughout the summer.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
There is an indoor range in Gillett. It's about 35 miles north of Green Bay.
Lone Oak Gun Club

Fixed it
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
MG,

That link didn't work... I'm only 20-25 minutes from Gillet, I never heard of such a thing :) Can you get me the right link or tell me more about it? What are you allowed to shoot there? How much does it cost, etc..? :)

-David
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
There is also the Luxemburg Sportsman's Club and a public range about 25 minutes or so north of GB on the National Forest grounds, but I can't remember the name right now.  I am also a member of the Nicolet Rifle Club, so I would recommend that place, but you have to be a member to shoot there.  No class III at the NRC, but you probably could at the public range.  Don't know for sure.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  That range in DePere would probally be the most promising.  It's hard to figure out where some of these places are.

I probally would not get a class III weapon but I put that clause in with the wife.   Hard to justify $15k on a toy.  Wouldn't mind getting one or 2 rifles SBR'd though.  I always say Green Bay area is like Leave it to Beaver land in the good sense.  It seems safe clean and people are nice.  Only bad thing is the Packers.  Just kidding.  I grew up in Philly so I'm a imported FIB.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There is an indoor range in Gillett. It's about 35 miles north of Green Bay.

Do they still only let you shoot reduced power loads, or do they have a decent backstop now?    
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#8]
They upgraded the backstop a few years ago so the sheriffs dept. had someplace indoors to practice. Someone  did put some dents into it with one of those giant hand-cannons, cant remember what it was but think it was a .475 hoot

Membrship is $10 a year and $2 per shoot, but could go up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top