Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 6:26:00 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a quality M14/M1a smith in WI preferably an experienced High Power builder or old school military armorer. I hate sending guns out of state.Iv'e got a poly and an S.A. that are in need of some work.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Guys with M1A Knowledge are getting fewer and father between as CMP shooters transition to the AR system. I myself run a SA M1A Super match and If and when I need a rebuild I would look strongly at sending it to places like Fulton Armorer. I know of no one here in WI that has the skill set to do Quality work on M1A's
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Charlie Millazo is a great smith with lots of M1-A experience.  He has worked on many HP competition rifles over the years.  He is a nationally recognized smith for LEO sniper rifles.  He a member of the American Pistolsmiths guild.  I have known Charlie for almost thirty years.  He is the only Wisconsin based smith I will let work on my guns.

Charlie is near Mukwanago and may be reached at: 262-363-8779

Please tell him Jeff says hi!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A very strong HELL YES on Charlie Milazzo.  Charlie has worked on our department's M14s, my sniper rifle and is now building me my own sniper rifle.  He is now the only guy that I would trust with any of my firearms...his knowledge is just incredible.

I can almost guarantee that you will have learned something by the time you're done talking to him.

Just had dinner with him last night.

Vaughn
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like Charlie is the man to see .Thanks alot guys.I'll be calling him up in a few weeks to fit a G.I. bolt to my Poly and discuss the complete rework of it and a 1985 vintage Springfield Armory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top