Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:23:03 AM EDT
I just wanted to say thanks again for being a great host this weekend.
I didnt realise I extended myself as much as I did but I woke up this morning a little stiff and sore.
GREAT training and gave us some more to think about and work on in between shoots and training classes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics? AAR?

Damn sorry I missed this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
IM inbound
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I also want to say thank you as well. To all of you guys, and especially you Stan. What an amazing experience. I too, am VERY sore this morning. I think this Sunday is going to be spent laying on the couch, as my arms are just aching.

For anyone else who had thought they might want to go to one of these fun shoots, DO IT! It was great. I am beyond words for everything I learned. Thanks again guys.

And if anyone who took pictures, wants to pass them along, I would like to see them. Next time, I"ll also bring my camera. I have a D70 and could probably do some high-speed shots. So we'll see

THANKS AGAIN!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey pixel watching you progress made the whole trip worth it right there (this on top of having a whole lot of fun on my own )
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey pixel watching you progress made the whole trip worth it right there (this on top of having a whole lot of fun on my own )

Couldnt have done it without you guys. Talk about humbling. Was thinking about it on my way home last night, and figured, a week ago if I were to have needed to protect myself, now I dont know if I could have. Whereas, today, if I needed to, I am 100% more confident in my ability.

Now I just need to get a decent .45.

And how the HELL do you and Bump shoot so well with those guns? What are they anyways? Looks like military issue...?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldnt have done it without you guys. Talk about humbling. Was thinking about it on my way home last night, and figured, a week ago if I were to have needed to protect myself, now I dont know if I could have. Whereas, today, if I needed to, I am 100% more confident in my ability.

Now I just need to get a decent .45.

And how the HELL do you and Bump shoot so well with those guns? What are they anyways? Looks like military issue...?

remember skills degrade over time so keep up the practice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Already planned it. I think a minimum of once a week at the range should keep me top notch.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Stan for sharing your home, knowledge and chilli.  

Dpixel8 and Newbhunter (the new guys): you guys did great and were most of all safe.  I'll be happy to shoot with either of you anytime.

Great to see everyone.  Worked some basics first (note to self: work more on the basics!).  Then added some movement and barracade work.  Communications and teamwork (pairs) was new, fun and enlightening.  Last (for me, I had to leave) was shooting in and around vehicles.  We used a mock up with kitchen chairs and some of Stan's barracades as tires/axles.

I only got two pics - both of the mock up being put together, not very exciting.  But I got four low res movies of the bail out drill.  Three are of None and TommyTrauma, one is of BC and Mpx.  They are from 5 to 8 MB each.  If anybody wants any Emailed, LMK, but you better have broadband.  If anyone wants to host them, drop me a line.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy crap I'm famous (or is that infamous) I got in a movie
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks stan for being a great host. i got a TON of pictures i'll post some a little later today. i gota work on the basics much more slowely. i would be feeling a lot greater if i brought the airmattress and gotten some sleep. otherwise i wasn't really stiff or sore at all. none your in a nother movie tooo
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow this is getting eerie
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
None, I have three movies of you, but I couldn't seem to find your good side.  Do you have one?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#13]
As a matter of fact I do, however I get arrested every time I show it to someone other than my wife so you are out of luck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#14]
whoever has the pictures and needs a host, send them to me and ill put them up on my server for the group. brad at schondesign dot com

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As a matter of fact I do, however I get arrested every time I show it to someone other than my wife so you are out of luck.

awww. you guys' flirting is so cute.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#16]

PX makin vroom vroom noises taking bc for a wild ride

The coon that was OWNED!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome pics BC!!!!
Man I gota work on getting the gun up in front of my face when I am doing a reload.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like yo uhad a good time, what do I need to do to get invited to the next one

Batch114
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Let us "borrow" your SD
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
BC thanks for another great shoot.  I was glad to see participation was up this time.  Sorry I didn't get there sooner.......work and all.

MisterPX = bullet hose.  You got that right.  And the scary part is they are hits!!!!!  Same thing with that Sig.  I elect MisterPX top handgun at this point.  Man, I aspire to be able to hit like that.  And him and photoman make a good team.  

Photo is a lot faster, smoother, and more accurate than last time too.

Tommy and none......well, I think their wives need to keep an eye on them.  

Seriously, those two probably finish each other's sentences, and they shoot like it too.
Here's to another .45 shooter none!!  

I might have to switch to the G-lock 17 though!  

Unfortunately, my closest shooting buddy is in the sandbox.  In the mean time, I think I'll invite dpixel8 over to the club for some practice.

Anybody with pics of the weekend, please email them to me if you would!!  kill at internetwis dot com.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
BC thanks for another great shoot.  I was glad to see participation was up this time.  Sorry I didn't get there sooner.......work and all.

MisterPX = bullet hose.  You got that right.  And the scary part is they are hits!!!!!  Same thing with that Sig.  I elect MisterPX top handgun at this point.  Man, I aspire to be able to hit like that.  And him and photoman make a good team.  

Photo is a lot faster, smoother, and more accurate than last time too.

Tommy and none......well, I think their wives need to keep an eye on them.  

Seriously, those two probably finish each other's sentences, and they shoot like it too.
Here's to another .45 shooter none!!  

I might have to switch to the G-lock 17 though!  

Unfortunately, my closest shooting buddy is in the sandbox.  In the mean time, I think I'll invite dpixel8 over to the club for some practice.

Anybody with pics of the weekend, please email them to me if you would!!  kill at internetwis dot com.

You can call me ANYTIME to go shooting. Took and had my glock last night while I was watching some brain-degenerating entertainment (read:tv) and am really getting my grip down better I think. Its becoming more consistent.

And thanks for helping me sight in my AR. You too, MisterPX. That was very cool of you guys. I cannot believe how sore I am even today. I need to really get out more so it doesnt affect me so much.

One other thing, MisterPX, what sidearm is that that you have?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, what can I possibly say to make you guys who didn't come any more jealous?

What an absolute blast! I had such a great time and I felt it Sunday too. My left forarm is still a little stiff. But as they say, no pain, no gain.

I learned so much from you guys, especially Stan, Tommy, and None. You guys are great teachers and I appreciate sharing all of your knowledge with me. I learned more in one day of training with you guys than I'd probably learn in a whole year of shooting by myself.

dpixel8, it was great to meet you too. Once you got up to speed with the DE stuff you were rocking and rolling.

MrPx is a lead machine and paired with Photoman you guys send a constant barrage of lead flying down range! That was great! There's probably not a single steel plate left in the state that's not shaking in fear .

To everyone who was there, thanks for coming out. I had a great time.

I can't thank Stan enough for letting us come out and shoot! Hopefully I'll see all you guys soon at the next one!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, what can I possibly say to make you guys who didn't come any more jealous?

Ahhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrgggggg!

Working sux.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Man I gota work on getting the gun up in front of my face when I am doing a reload.

You were doing good!!I just happened to catch you at a bad time.You were experiencing a 'classic' moment in training....dialing in equipment(those magpouches you borrowed).You would start with the gun up but as you fiddled with the mags things got ugly.
Since we're on the subject of gear...
I'm waiting on an AAR from photoman,I loaned him some plates to try in his new Callahan,he wore them all day Sunday.MrPX tried out an IBA plus SAPIs on Sunday(get used to it brother).
I did something 'untypical',I ran the whole day Saturday naked,no armor on the range.I decided early on I would try it,I felt so comfortable on the range with you guys I didn't even think about it once we got going.NOT that I'm wearing armor on the range cause I'm worried about you guys!it's one of my habits to wear armor whenever I'm armed especially when training,going without is strange.I also ran without my knee taping/padding rituals,I was really trying to take it slow and easy,thinking back I should have at least put some knee pads on for some of the drills,I'm glad I didn't come down hard on a sharp rock.I wanted to test out how much I could take without all the prep,while I was close to home and a freezer full of ice.No problems at all,except for some brass burns and scrapes,and a small bite from Tommy's carbine.

bulletcatchR

PS Found one Shlage 'house'key on a small caribiner,LMK if you lost it.

Stan, where is a good place to look into purchasing equipment? I would like to get a vest, maybe a nice tactical "usable" (as mine sucks bigtime) holster with mag holders, etc? Or maybe info on what all is out there? Again, as always with me, I am frugel on this kinds of stuff, but I would like to be prepared. I was in awe at some of you guys' vast array of equipment. Which I assume you have slowly collected over time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I got to make this short for now, I' meeting PX at the range at 11.

BC thanks again for putting this together and sharing what you learned at the last couple classes. And being such a great host. Thanks for letting me put those plates in the callahan. Getting a chance to work with that rig with the plates in it was great. It helped out a lot. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all or that heavy. I think we could have done another 5-6 peels up on the hill with the rifles, I really don't think weight will be that much of an issue, it sure wasn't sunday at all. But as we talked about. I still have to fully set this thing up, and that includes more AR mags pistol mags, a blowout kit, some smoke. Once I get it fully set up i'd like to runn it again with the plates and see how it is. Of course if I'm lucky by then I'll have my own.  

I did find a few small things that I want to change up or at least add a little extra padding to. But other then that I really liked it. The night session was AWSOME.

It was great to see NewHunter and dpixel8 it was good to meet both of you. I look forward to seeing both of you again at the next skills session or shoot, or class.

Tommy and None it was great to see you guys again.

When BC and I were talking about how I was thinking of setting up my new rig one thing he mentioned was a blow out kit. I haven't really been thinking to much about one. Part of that is because I don't know a whole hell of a lot about how to deal with a GSW. I know BC said he wanted to start doing some first aid/med stuff when ever we all get together, and I think thats a great idea. One  I'd like to do for sure is something on jut basic GSW care. There is a right way and a wrong way, and knowing which is which goes a long way. I think it's something we should all know, because after all we all shoot and you never know when something bad could happen. I carry sopme bandages and such, enough to hopfuly stop/slow bleeding, but other then that, I don't really carry much for a GSW and part of that is not knowing what I should do if it happens. Tommy maybe you could give us a list of what to have in a blow out kit amnd we can all work on getting one put together. Then the next time out together we could do a small session?

Some random thoughts
A 26in barreled AR with a .22conversion and suppressor, using subsonic bullets with a IR laser and NVGs equals a lot of fun.

Closing a car door is force of habit and generaly a good thing, but closing it when you unass a car under fire is not a good idea if yer the first one out.

The often said, have a plan is important. So is communicating BEFORE you get into a harry situation. Before PX and I ran through the barrcade drill we talked things out. So even if we didn't verbaly communicate everything we knew before hand how things would go. When I had that malfunction after the reload, i think that was a good example of that. I yelled covering, pressed the trigger and nothing. PX stayed put because he didn't hear me shooting. I did the ol tap rack and the gun went bang and PX moved.

The more you shoot with somone else, or a group of folks, the easier things become and the better you become not only as a team, but as individuals. dpixel8 pick Tommy and None's brains as much as possible, shoot with them as often as you can and they will get you squared away. And remember slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I got to run I have to get everything packed into the right car and get out to the range. I'll pop back in when I get back from trying not to put holes in PX's car and fill in some other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Photo, so very well put. And I wanted to mention that, the way in which you and PX, as well as Tommy and None worked together as partners, was awwe-inspiring. I only hope to have a partner in the future that I know and can communicate with so well that you guys are in each others' brains. VERY well done. And maybe that is part of it, going out on a Monday at noon to go shooting at the range. Very cool. Hope to see you guys soon.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Nice pics, BC.  I diddn't even notice you were taking any.  I see my reload looks pretty decent, but I'm doing it right out in the open with cover just a few yards behind me! Doh!

+1 on PM's suggestion for some med/blowout kit sessions.  Tommy and Stan did just a bit on one of the breaks.  Good stuff.

Dpixel8: Got your IM.  Will send movies when I get home.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Photo, so very well put. And I wanted to mention that, the way in which you and PX, as well as Tommy and None worked together as partners, was awwe-inspiring. I only hope to have a partner in the future that I know and can communicate with so well that you guys are in each others' brains. VERY well done. And maybe that is part of it, going out on a Monday at noon to go shooting at the range. Very cool. Hope to see you guys soon.

Getting out and practicing is the biggest thing. If you can't get out, do some dry fire practice. I actually have a hard time keeping ammo on hand, because whenever I pick up ammo, I end up spending  two or three days out at the range in a week. Like today I went through probably 250 or so rounds in the hour and a half PX and I were at the range. So adding the dry fire lets me work on the basics at home and the more advanced stuff live at the range. I still do some of the basics at the range though too.  In fact I think I scared a guy off today. I was working on some basics before PX showed up and some guy came pulling in and was watching me. I was thinking oh great he probably wants to shoot back here so PX and I are not going to be able to do what we wanted to do. Then PX showed up in the Crown Vic and the guy left. I think between me in my tac gear and PX's car the guy might have thought we were PD or something.

I'm actually playing catch up with PX. He's shot action stuff for a while so he's used to a lot of this stuff.  It helps me out though, because I have a level to work to.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#31]
PX's shooting alone blows my mind and could probably scare anyone off.

I am looking at the 1911 forums. You guys pay some serious bank for those firearms though. Damn.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
PX's shooting alone blows my mind and could probably scare anyone off.

I am looking at the 1911 forums. You guys pay some serious bank for those firearms though. Damn.

I don't spend half as much as I would, if I had the cash flow to support it.

My next wants: a couple of suppressors, a Barrett 50 and an M16 select fire lower.  Go price those once........
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#33]
good god.

you guys get this crap off of Auction Arms, or those FFL catalogs? Wish my old man still got his FFL catalogs. Those prices were amazing. I'll have to sell my baby-G to subsidise a 1911. But I think it might be worth it. I'll have to try None's when we go out shooting and see if I like it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
good god.

you guys get this crap off of Auction Arms, or those FFL catalogs? Wish my old man still got his FFL catalogs. Those prices were amazing. I'll have to sell my baby-G to subsidise a 1911. But I think it might be worth it. I'll have to try None's when we go out shooting and see if I like it.

LOL, I was telling photoman on Saturday that I won't feel comfortable until I have at least 10k rounds of 9mm and .223 (each) on hand for SHTF.

Not to mention after the shoot I am now adding these items to my long list of things I want to buy:

Kel-tec 9mm Sub-2000
Supressors for 9mm and .22
Threaded barrel for my G19

I don't know if you noticed the nice battle scar on my windshield from my DE class, but you know it's bad when you rationalize yourself out of getting a cracked windsield fixed on a relatively new car because it's not blocking your vision and the money could be spent on guns and ammo instead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#35]
How is that bad??? I would buy guns/ammo any day before I would fix a windshield. Hell, starvation is lower on my list than any ammo would be. hehehe

I hear ya though. I really want to get a .45. But starting to wonder if I will either stick with Glock or maybe try an H&K instead of 1911. I am starting to maybe wonder, by reading the threads, if the 1911 is more of a bandwagon/sackriding issue at hand. I'd rather have reliability than being trendy. But someone could maybe correct me on that too.

EDIT: BTW, um...do you guys actually remember each others REAL names, or just go by Nicks...because, maybe its just me being a dickwad, but I cant hardly remember anyones names besides a few....

yeah, im a dickwad, I know
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Stan-

Yeah, it is a POS. I actually was going to ask one time about that, whether or not I should have been snapping it. The snap just doesnt work worth a damn. And I hear ya about not spending a lot of money on gear. I just was curious on what would be some basics stuff. Besides more mags. haha

And I would totally be up for a 2 day session. Anytime. Would have stayed Sunday as well, if I would have just known a little more in advance, and didnt have set plans already.

EDIT: also, if you want me to see if I can get some steel for your targets, let me know. I have a good friend who works in the compacting industry, and could probably get some stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Looks like yo uhad a good time, what do I need to do to get invited to the next one

Batch114

Well the process is pretty difficult as far as getting an invite. Usually BC posts a thread about it  in advance of it happening. Then you go and post in the thread if you'll be there or not. Then on the day of the event you show up.

PX mentioned something today about getting together to do something this weekend. I hope after 3 since I'll be working till then. but I'd be more then happy to catch ya up on everything we've gone over. The biggest thing is to get out to a DE carbine class and a pistol class. All the basics we use come from those classes. I think it's best to learn it from Sully to really get the full idea on some of the stuff but we can help ya get started on stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Photoman;

Part of that is because I don't know a whole hell of a lot about how to deal with a GSW. I know BC said he wanted to start doing some first aid/med stuff when ever we all get together, and I think thats a great idea. One I'd like to do for sure is something on jut basic GSW care. There is a right way and a wrong way, and knowing which is which goes a long way. I think it's something we should all know, because after all we all shoot and you never know when something bad could happen. I carry sopme bandages and such, enough to hopfuly stop/slow bleeding, but other then that, I don't really carry much for a GSW and part of that is not knowing what I should do if it happens. Tommy maybe you could give us a list of what to have in a blow out kit amnd we can all work on getting one put together. Then the next time out together we could do a small session?

Absolutely. Lemme get my sources lined up, and I'll put together a list. We could even take it a step further and bulk purchase a few of the items to cut down cost.

dpixel;

Stan, where is a good place to look into purchasing equipment?

As far as holsters nad mag carriers go, I can't speak highly enough of Gunners Alley. Good stuff, good prices, absolutely supurb customer service. I've been very happy with my G-code kydex stuff.
gunnersalley.com/

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Dpix if you want to try out my 1911 I will be more than happy to let you. However those who use 1911's tend to not like glocks (different grip angle) and vice verse. I personaly can not shoot a glock well at all because it does not feel right in my hands. If you want to get a 1911 I would chk out some of the local gunshops they ocassionaly have a good deal on used (I got mine very lightly used for around 3 bills). Mine had no wear on the blueing and actualy looked new.
Yes I will try to talk you into getting a 1911 but then again glocks work better for some people (they can grip it better due to the grip angle).

Bottom line is test out stuff when you go shooting with other people and get what works for you. You can spend a ton of money on all the latest gear and if does not work for you it is just stuff sitting in your closet. This group can usually come up with almost anything if you want to try out something in particular and most will be more than happy to let you try em out.

Fine example of this was BC letting me try out his mag holster (now I just have to talk him into making one for me )

As for those compimenting Tom and I on our teamwork thank you very much. It has taken us close to 10 years of running around togeather to get where we are. If you get a good partner it makes the time just fly by and before you know it ppl start to ask if you are brothers. Part of it is that we both feel the same way about a lot of things both on and off range. This carrys over into teamwork on the range.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Dpix if you want to try out my 1911 I will be more than happy to let you. However those who use 1911's tend to not like glocks (different grip angle) and vice verse. I personaly can not shoot a glock well at all because it does not feel right in my hands. If you want to get a 1911 I would chk out some of the local gunshops they ocassionaly have a good deal on used (I got mine very lightly used for around 3 bills). Mine had no wear on the blueing and actualy looked new.
Yes I will try to talk you into getting a 1911 but then again glocks work better for some people (they can grip it better due to the grip angle).

Bottom line is test out stuff when you go shooting with other people and get what works for you. You can spend a ton of money on all the latest gear and if does not work for you it is just stuff sitting in your closet. This group can usually come up with almost anything if you want to try out something in particular and most will be more than happy to let you try em out.

Fine example of this was BC letting me try out his mag holster (now I just have to talk him into making one for me )

dpix, what he said.
You said your glock is your first gun, right? Before you buy another, try everything you can lay your hands on. None can let you use his FS springfield, I have a springfield compact you can try as well as an XD, people in the group have sigs and HKs. One of the great things about the group is the chance to try all kinds of gear.

As far as buying goes, don't pay retail. Price things out at gunbroker and such, look at police trade ins and such at CDNN and... shit. I'm brain cramping; What's the other big advertiser in shotgun news? Whatever. If you do decide to buy new, find the best price on gunbroker, than give Whitey in Deerfield a chance to match it including shipping and FFL transfer. He deals fairly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you both Tommy and None. Thats exactly waht I wanted to know, and what I assumed. Yes, my BabyG is the first handgun that has been solely "mine". Never really shot my fathers' enough growing up to really have a preference. But after seeing the inaccuracy on Saturday with this thing, versus how I am now handling it, I am torn. I am going to shoot it more and defiently would like to try others to see as well. I cant believe the bruise on the inside of my palm though, from the grip. It beat the living shit out of it, I cant believe it. Throughout the day, the gun became more and more uncomfortable. Which tells me I should have simply done a LOT more trials on other guns, before jumping the gun (no pun intended). Live and learn though. I still very much like the size and compactness of it, but to give up accuracy and comfort for that, I think is not worth it in the long-run.

I also would really like to learn about the blow-out kits. I did some reading in the General forum regarding those, and think it would be a good idea.

To tell you the truth, when we first all met on Saturday and Stan, you pulled out the IV Bags....ya scared me a little. But then again, now having spent the day learning, I completely see the necessity of it. Just have never thought that in depth about it before. God forbid something happened, I would really like to know that I, and others around me, know what to do if someone were to have an accident. It is naieve to think otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Thank you both Tommy and None. Thats exactly waht I wanted to know, and what I assumed. Yes, my BabyG is the first handgun that has been solely "mine". Never really shot my fathers' enough growing up to really have a preference. But after seeing the inaccuracy on Saturday with this thing, versus how I am now handling it, I am torn. I am going to shoot it more and defiently would like to try others to see as well. I cant believe the bruise on the inside of my palm though, from the grip. It beat the living shit out of it, I cant believe it. Throughout the day, the gun became more and more uncomfortable. Which tells me I should have simply done a LOT more trials on other guns, before jumping the gun (no pun intended). Live and learn though. I still very much like the size and compactness of it, but to give up accuracy and comfort for that, I think is not worth it in the long-run. Think long and hard before selling the baby G to finance another gun. CCW will pass here eventually, and that's a nice carry gun to have. I can loan you a 1911 for shoots while you save your pennies for a while. Guns are like golf clubs; it's nice to have a proper selection instead of having one that's supposed to do everything.

I also would really like to learn about the blow-out kits. I did some reading in the General forum regarding those, and think it would be a good idea. It's something I think every shooter should have in their range bag and know how to use. of course, I think first responder should be a requisite for high school graduation, so maybe I'm a little biased.

To tell you the truth, when we first all met on Saturday and Stan, you pulled out the IV Bags....ya scared me a little. But then again, now having spent the day learning, I completely see the necessity of it. Just have never thought that in depth about it before. God forbid something happened, I would really like to know that I, and others around me, know what to do if someone were to have an accident. It is naieve to think otherwise. Stan and I have talked about the response times for EMS out there, and how we want to handle things. Like the man said, 'have a plan'. I work as a paramedic and have around 17 years of experience. I'm not just a rescue randy, I'm a trained rescue randy.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Absolutely. Lemme get my sources lined up, and I'll put together a list. We could even take it a step further and bulk purchase a few of the items to cut down cost.

Mmmmmm, Group Buy, now you're talkin!

dpixel;

Stan, where is a good place to look into purchasing equipment?

As far as holsters nad mag carriers go, I can't speak highly enough of Gunners Alley. Good stuff, good prices, absolutely supurb customer service. I've been very happy with my G-code kydex stuff.
gunnersalley.com/

+1 for Gunner's Alley.  I got my holster, mag carrier and belt there.  You might want to do a phone order - on an internet order they don't seem to let you know if things are not in stock.  On the phone: great service.  

As for guns: I'd hold onto the mini Glock.  It's not really a 'shoot all day' gun but as long as you stay proficient with it, makes a sweet little carry piece.  I liked my XD for the grip feel mainly (similar angle to a 1911), but now using the grip sully teaches, I'm thinking about getting a G19.  With the new grip, I like the way the Glock's grip angle kind of rocks my support hand forward, sticking that thumb forward.  Thanks Sam for letting me try out your G19.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Also, I've had excellent service from:  

SKD Tactical www.skdtac.com

Practical Tactical www.practicaltactical.net

Bravo Company www.bravocompanyusa.com  (local WI company)

All are Arfcom board sponsers.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Also, I've had excellent service from:  

SKD Tactical www.skdtac.com

Practical Tactical www.practicaltactical.netA big plus one to Tim and Practical Tactical

Bravo Company www.bravocompanyusa.com  (local WI company) and another big plus 1 to Paul and Bravo Company great people to do business with

All are Arfcom board sponsers.

Dpix yer more then welcome to try out any of my gear to see how you like it before you buy anything. I've still got my blackhawk tacvest, and a blackhawk LBV(never been used) next time out i'll bring both of them with along with my current rig. Same goes for the holster and anyother gear i have. And hold on to that baby glock for now. try as many other handguns as you can get yer hands on before you get another one. Whats most important is that you are confortable with the gun in yer hands. the more comfortable you are with it, and the better it fits in yer hand, the better you are going to be able to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#48]
updated info on the IRC channel which is now live!

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=210194&page=1
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Photoman, and all of you guys: Yeah, I agree. I am not unhappy with it at all. I just need to try other things. One thing as well I think, I need to get an extender for my mags, as having my pinky finger hanging off, just screws me up I think.

And I appreciate all of you guys' offers to let me try your stuff. You guys are seriously too nice. I Have never met a group of guys so willing to accept and help the noobie. Hopefully someday I will be able enough to put myself in your shoes, and offer my knowledge to another noobie. :)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Photoman, and all of you guys: Yeah, I agree. I am not unhappy with it at all. I just need to try other things. One thing as well I think, I need to get an extender for my mags, as having my pinky finger hanging off, just screws me up I think.

And I appreciate all of you guys' offers to let me try your stuff. You guys are seriously too nice. I Have never met a group of guys so willing to accept and help the noobie. Hopefully someday I will be able enough to put myself in your shoes, and offer my knowledge to another noobie. :)

Thats what it's all about. BC started a thread a little bit back asking abou what it means to be a DETC alum and how you represent. Well to me this is it. It's about passing on everything we learn and getting people involed and helping out folks who are new to this. It's not just about the classes. It's about everything that happens after, and how you treat people who are just getting started as well as the folks you already know. It's about making a commitment to not only being a better shooter and gaining knowledge, but a commitment to help others out too.  

When I first started posting on this board the Wisconsin hometown wasn't near as active as it is now.  Now that a lot of us have gotten to know one another it's like one big family.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top