Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 4:18:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
BC something on the "East Coast" can definetly be arranged not a problem. As long as we have the date a head of time to make sure we can get a range, shouldn't be a problem. The 500 is usually never used and normaly it's not useable because were down on the 25meter anyway. the 600 might be a little difficult to get though.

It looks like I'm going to have next weekend open now since everyone bitched out on hog hunting AGAIN! So I hope I'll be able to make it out.

As to the work ups for the precision rifle class. I'm down as long as I'm not working the weekend of the event but this is starting to get to my crazy time of year with deersight in Nov. and then deer season. I'm up for something in october. But I can't give good date till later because sometimes it's hard to tell whats going to happen with the schedual rotations.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag so I can come back to it......
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I should have a "precision" rifle within a couple of weeks.  Not really into the guillie suit thing, but I'd like to learn that whole "this round is the only round" mantra.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
You have access to my schedule..., and would love to get in.

Then again, you have access to my schedule.

LMK where/when, and we'll try to make it happen.

ETA: I think a one hour FA "talk" should be mandatory at all the shoots.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'd like to learn that whole "this round is the only round" mantra.

I used to just buy my match ammo,and do what I could with it.As a matter of fact,if I were to design a course,I probably would have a segmant where shooters had to grab some strange rounds and 'make do' with them,so not to get soft on the custom ammo.

Movement and hiding,let's not forget 'getting away', have thier mantras too,I like to practice those while hunting.

And then,there is the ONE mantra,without which nothing else matters.

"ONE SHOT"

bulletcatchR

Thats why I shoot match, premium hunting and milsurp ball ammo out of my rig. Gotta know what it will do. Cuz yer not always going to have the high grade stuff if SHTF.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
High grade stuff?  Everything I'll be shooting out of my "precision" rifle is older than most people here.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#9]
BC that 26in 1/9 twist barrel may be able to handle the 77gr ammo. It's longer so the round should generate a litle more velocity, ya never know till ya try it. I have like 15 rounds or so of 75gr BTHP I can bring with me, and I may have some 68 gr as well but they might be from a box that was an "off" lot. If I have them I'll bring them with. It's probably about 15 or so rounds of that as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top