Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:58:44 PM EDT
Better not let my wife find my guns!

Anyways....Get this, they want you to call the police and they will come and pick them up.  Note that you will then be on file with the MPD as a gun owner.

I cant wait to see what the media has for a field day on the "bought" back guns.  Mabye they will get an AR-7 like Milwaukee did and call the program a success.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a call I'll never make.
"Hello Police, send a car over to pick up these guns."

Welcome to HTF, ChewCan.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#2]
fifty dollars to the mall.  Bahhhh
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW. That's a heckuva devious little scheme to make a list of addresses.  The wrong addresses, of course, because no one is going to call the cops to come to their meth cooking shack and pick up a few rusty .22s.  Must be part of Gooberner Doyle's program to catalog all the dangerous elderly folks in Madison.  

Then again, if I was as big of a fuckstick as him, I'd be worried about everyone with a gun, too.

State politics are pretty much bullshit everywhere, but I'll be damned if WI doesn't have the most out-of-whack state gov't, compared to the people that live there.  Folks I've met here have been mostly good conservative people, and yet the state is run by the most liberal sacks of dogshit ever.  The enemy is very well entrenched, organized, and pro-active here.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Why doesn't some pro gun org offer 75 per gun and then sell the rifles at auction or something?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I think this gun buy back is a good thing, but not for the reason our city thinks.  
We all know that the people who would mis-use a gun are not going to make the call to the city.
We also know that gun guys are not going to make the call.
The people most likely to call are those that have a gun laying around that they don't know what to do with.  They are probably unfamiliar with it and it's unsecured.  If that gun is bought out by the city, it's less likely to be stolen, it's less likely to fall in the hands of a kid/adult who's not normally around guns.  
One less accident waiting to happen--  taking away the opportunity for the "peoples press" to bash responsible gun ownership.

Now I do like the idea of buying back guns for resale.  The resale would finance the whole program!  But that would not fit any government model that I'm aware of.  It could actually be self financing!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why doesn't some pro gun org offer 75 per gun and then sell the rifles at auction or something?

Thats what I was originally going to do. They were going to have it AT the mall, but were afraid it was "too dangerous" and didnt want all those people carrying guns around. Was going to sit at the mall and offer for certain guns (good ones, the few that would be offered) over $100.00 for certain people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top