Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:17:26 PM EDT
Let's see some pics of everyones small game set ups.

Here is mine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Got enough crap on there?
j/k
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll post as soon as my stock gets here .

I have a Ruger 10/22 with a stainless .920 barrel that I keep handy just for such occasions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#3]

I also have a ceiner kit that I might use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got enough crap on there?
j/k

Nope I'm waiting on the mounts for my tree rat seeking 20mm missles. Then it will be bad ass!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Never hunted squirrel.
A friend says they're good eating.
I could press a .22 into service for rodents.

Where do you go?
Can you take a tag-along?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Never hunted squirrel.
I could press a .22 into service for rodents.

Where do you go?
Can you take a tag-along?

We'll get together and head out to honey creek sometime, it's alittle bit westish of Rochester, which is about 20-30mins west of Racine. It's a public hunting ground. Last time I was out there we jumped about 6 does and two bucks. May even run into some yotes out there. It's kind of a bitch though because there are houses around there, it's starting to get kinda built up. I fear we may one day lose it as a hunting ground.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
My parents have a black walnut tree in their backyard......It's a natural squirrel feeder.  This year it happens to be loaded with nuts too.  It's so popular with the local tree inhabitants, it's almost unsporting.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My parents have a black walnut tree in their backyard......It's a natural squirrel feeder.  This year it happens to be loaded with nuts too.  It's so popular with the local tree inhabitants, it's almost unsporting.  

My tree rat spot has a lot of those trees too.

On an unrelated note, lastnight while sitting in a friends backyard, we got bum rushed by a coon. It was acting a little, not to coonish. Think there might be something wrong with it, he knows the animal control guy so we are going to see what he says. Looks like I might have  new coonskin cap in my future
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]
So how do squirrels taste?  I'm thinking of trying it this fall.  I saw a ton of them on sunday while I was out scouting for grouse.  Also walked into a bear baiting station and spooked a little cub.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So how do squirrels taste?  I'm thinking of trying it this fall.  I saw a ton of them on sunday while I was out scouting for grouse.  Also walked into a bear baiting station and spooked a little cub. hr

How did you do scouting for grouse?  I will be heading up opening weekend and have not been up for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So how do squirrels taste?  I'm thinking of trying it this fall.  I saw a ton of them on sunday while I was out scouting for grouse.  Also walked into a bear baiting station and spooked a little cub.

Like chicken....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Let's see some pics of everyones small game set ups.

Here is mine.

Shit PM, do ya shoot the little bastards or scare them to death??
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
On an unrelated note, lastnight while sitting in a friends backyard, we got bum rushed by a coon. It was acting a little, not to coonish. Think there might be something wrong with it, he knows the animal control guy so we are going to see what he says. Looks like I might have  new coonskin cap in my future

Wadda ya mean "acting a little, not coonish"? I noticed if ya see them in town they usually ain't afraid of people... Hell I came around the corner by my house the other day on my Harley (quite loud) three of them were standing in the road watching me. I turned the bike around, parked it by the curb, shut it off and sat and watched them for a while... They just went about thier business like I wasn't there...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Never hunted squirrel.

They're not bad eatin' but ya gotta shoot enough of them to make it worth your while to go through the hassle of cleaning them... There ain't much meat on them...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did you do scouting for grouse?  I will be heading up opening weekend and have not been up for awhile.

I just go walking the same trails I hunt.  I was in NE Minnesota when I saw the bear.  They have a shitload of squirrels up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top