Necessary Equipment

Pistol or revolver in calibers 9mm, 40 S&W, .357 Sig, 10mm, 45 ACP,

45 GAP, 38 Spl, 38 Super

100 rounds of ammunition

3 or more magazines with magazine pouches

and speed reloaders for revolvers

Holster  & Good Sturdy Belt

Eye and Ear protection required for shooters and spectators

Be there or be square.  Who is up for it???? Or are you guys to special to shoot these matches?

Dale, the berms up yet??  Im me, we need to talk.

Flame
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there. The course of fire is going to be fun this time, higher round count and more going on than last time at the classifier match.

Now I just have to find a pistol.  WI blows, I could have already bought 5 of the damn things back in OK. If i'm not careful I'm gonna be stuck shooting my wife's G17 with pink grip tape

--Josh
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is the course layout posted?? I need to see these things, so I can get prepped.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You can email Jay Rock, the match coordinator for the layout.  No the berms aren't up yet.  We are in discussions with the DNR about "declassifying" our navigable waterway so that we can put the berms where we want them.
I will be there with camera in hand as usual.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where is the course layout posted?? I need to see these things, so I can get prepped.

Wisconsinshooters.com
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
yeeehaaaa count me inh.gif
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
What time does the shootin' start? I may be able to find a little time to come out and watch....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What time does the shootin' start? I may be able to find a little time to come out and watch....

Offically, ~9:00 am but there are usually people there earlier than that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
We all need some kind of identifying item so that we all know who the ARF.commers are.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We all need some kind of identifying item so that we all know who the ARF.commers are.  Any ideas?

Weather permitting, I'll wear my orange shirt with the big #11 on the back again, and my OD Larue Tactical hat.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an orange shirt too....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Offically, ~9:00 am but there are usually people there earlier than that.

Cool.... If I don't have to work I'll prolly be there...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be there.  Watch for a total noob wearing a Grey t-shirt that says TEAM KEMPS 2005 on it with a big yellow Wisconsin and an M16 on it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually my picture is on the Springbrook website, under the board of directors link, so I shouldn't be too hard to identify.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll have on a orange shirt  too
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I might catch this if i can get grandma to babysit for a few Hours, others wise the following Sat their is an IDPA shoot at Ripon starting at 9AM (Safety brief at 8:45) and they might have a Side match with AR's after wards (usally around Noon)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#16]
All right kiddies tomorrow is the day. Be there or be square. Still missing anyone from the Racine crew. Where you at??

For those interested I will be the one wearing the Beretta 92 shirt.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Good time today! Nice meeting you guys, ysf200, Flamethrower, Plumberscrack.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Good meeting some new people there today. Good times. Everybody seemed to have fun and a lot of bs'n around.

Dale if there is an article in whetever paper that reporter was from. I want a copy. A good looking guy like me, is bound to make the article. I know she took my picture.
Seriously What paper is she from? Yes a want a copy, if you can get me one.

Good time everyone. Missed the Racine crew again. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Good time today, good shooting, good people ,dont get any better
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I will send her a request for a few copies of the paper this weekend when I send her my pictures.  If she doesn't give me any I will buy a couple of copies and get one to you.  I believe she is from the Omro Herald.
I have some pics of the AR15.com guys that I have to check out, and I will post them sometime this weekend.

Good time today.  Nice meeting some new people from here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Enjoyed meeting you all and had a blast!  Looks like Ripon is on the 11th?  Anybody going?

Josh-- You find your mags?  Everyone had left the clubhouse to shoot and I didn't see where you went.  Thanks for letting me use them.

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Enjoyed meeting you all and had a blast!  Looks like Ripon is on the 11th?  Anybody going?

Josh-- You find your mags?  Everyone had left the clubhouse to shoot and I didn't see where you went.  Thanks for letting me use them.

Kevin

Yep, I got 'em -- you're very welcome. Glad you had a good time!

--Josh
now a.k.a. Pinkie
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Notice the little tail, courtesy of Plumbers crack

Maybe the table is a little tall.

LOKNLOD goint apeshit on the "bad guys"

yfs200 doing his thing.

My apologies to Plumberscrack, I couldn't find any pics of his most excellent shooting style.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#24]
nice pics
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
LOKNLOD goint apeshit on the "bad guys"

Hey, if it's worth shooting, it's worth shooting twice. Or 10 times.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice pics!  Can't wait until Oct. 1.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to come to the Oct. 1st one, if you'll allow me :)

Ported 4" 40SW XD allowed?

How do these things work? Never been to one before :) Fat people allowed? :)

-David
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

-David

David, we'd be glad to have you.  The XD will be great, but the porting would bump you into Open Division, I think. That won't change how much fun you have but it will result in being scored against the guys with the full blown race guns.  You can still shoot and hang out with us mere mortals, though.  If you're not a USPSA member and trying to up your classification, which division you shoot in doesn't make much difference.  www.uspsa.com has lots of good info about the rules, scoring, equipment needs, etc. Try www.wisconsinshooters.com for local event info and a small forum that's good for asking about specific events and things, they also post the courses of fire there to check out before the match, and scoring and pics afterwards.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-David

David, we'd be glad to have you.  The XD will be great, but the porting would bump you into Open Division, I think. That won't change how much fun you have but it will result in being scored against the guys with the full blown race guns.  You can still shoot and hang out with us mere mortals, though.  If you're not a USPSA member and trying to up your classification, which division you shoot in doesn't make much difference.  www.uspsa.com has lots of good info about the rules, scoring, equipment needs, etc. Try www.wisconsinshooters.com for local event info and a small forum that's good for asking about specific events and things, they also post the courses of fire there to check out before the match, and scoring and pics afterwards.

--Josh

Well, I guess if I have to lose to the big dawgs, I lose to the big dawgs :) either way I'm sure I would lose. I just want to come out and have some fun.

Meet some fellow arfcommers:P

Where is this next one taking place? Same place? I'm in Appleton, my dad owns the Mil Surp store.

-David
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Well, I guess if I have to lose to the big dawgs, I lose to the big dawgs :) either way I'm sure I would lose. I just want to come out and have some fun.

Meet some fellow arfcommers:P

Where is this next one taking place? Same place? I'm in Appleton, my dad owns the Mil Surp store.

-David

There's an IDPA match in Ripon on Sat. (10th) and an USPSA match at Schultz in Muskego on Sunday (11th).  Next one in Omro is the Oct. 1st one.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm 17, can I still compete? What is the cost of admission, etc..
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm 17, can I still compete? What is the cost of admission, etc..

Under 21, you might ought to bring a parent.  There are even younger folks who compete but always have a parent with them.  I don't think that anyone would personally mind you coming by yourself as long as you were to behave like a responsible adult, but for legal reasons you'll have to have a parent with you, I think.  All it would take was an accident or one jerk who's a stickler about the goofy age laws and it could get you or the club in trouble.  Even getting pulled over on the way being 17 with a handgun could get you in trouble.  Make dad bring his gun too  Fees at Omro are $15 for non club members.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Does it have to be my parent? What about someone older? YSF200 ?

-David
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Does it have to be my parent? What about someone older? YSF200 ?

-David

I can't speak for what they will or will not allow, I think your best bet would be to go over to wisconsinshooters.com and ask on that forum, as several of the match coordinators are over there and could tell you what they'll let slide at their matches.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#35]
If they won't allow it, would one of you rent me a gun for the daY? lol you bring it, I'll buy ammo and just meet you there, IF they dont allow it...

Otherwise I'll just sit home ;(  damn laws
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#36]
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:zgD9ZOp4U-kJ:www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pubs/wb/00wb11.pdf+&hl=en

Read that, then page 4, last paragraph. If it's for target shooting, I can legally transport it! Woot.

This is from the state of WI's legislation page. Google just put it in HTML format, instead of PDF.

Woot
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:zgD9ZOp4U-kJ:www.legis.state.wi.us/lrb/pubs/wb/00wb11.pdf+&hl=en

Read that, then page 4, last paragraph. If it's for target shooting, I can legally transport it! Woot.

This is from the state of WI's legislation page. Google just put it in HTML format, instead of PDF.

Woot

David, I'm all for you shooting, but I don't want you to get in trouble, either.  Heck, I've had rifles, shotguns, and handguns at my disposal all my life, including in MY room since middle school (I'm 23 now -- libs woulda shat a brick had they came to my house in high school).

You're fine shooting it, with "adult supervision" (which there will be).  But transport is going to get you.  If you were to get pulled over between here and there you'd be in big trouble.  Assuming you could get a ride with someone who can legally possess and transport handguns with no problems, then maybe you could shoot with adult supervision? I don't know, I think it's bullshit, but I'm not the one making the rules, and nobody wants to see you risk your neck (and possibly your right to own guns in the future) over a pistol match.

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Generally, both federal and state law prohibit persons under the age of 18 from possessing firearms [s. 948.60], but Wisconsin makes exceptions for long guns used for hunting or firearms used during adult-supervised activities such as target shooting. On the other hand, children adjudicated delinquent based on a felony may not own any type of gun, and school districts must suspend pupils found in possession of a firearm either on school property or while under the supervision of a school authority, such as on a field trip

Damn, according to this somewhat ambiguous legislation it may be legal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Generally, both federal and state law prohibit persons under the age of 18 from possessing firearms [s. 948.60], but Wisconsin makes exceptions for long guns used for hunting or firearms used during adult-supervised activities such as target shooting. On the other hand, children adjudicated delinquent based on a felony may not own any type of gun, and school districts must suspend pupils found in possession of a firearm either on school property or while under the supervision of a school authority, such as on a field trip

Damn, according to this somewhat ambiguous legislation it may be legal.

I can get someone to legally transport it there for me. According to that law, I can legally shoot there, under Adult-Supervision, which it states, and which there will be.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I would say that the Range Officer would count as direct adult supervision.  Come on down and shoot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok, I will give you my ruling now.

You may shoot.

If you must shoot Dale. So be it.

I have spoken.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ok, I will give you my ruling now.

You may shoot.

If you must shoot Dale. So be it.

I have spoken.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#43]
So, if I get someone to transport it legally, I can shoot?

Is "rocket" over at WisconsinShooters ok with this?

-David

PS- I dont want to step on toes here,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top