Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 4:36:24 PM EDT
According to todays state journal, plans are underway for a gun buy back in Madison. (remarkably for the journal, about half the article was spent addressing the research showing that such programs do nothing to reduce crime.) Details will be announced at a press conference Monday.

I haven't gone through the gun locker and closet yet, but I have at least 4 or 5 pieces of junk that I won't shoot and can't sell to another shooter in good consence. I'm gonna take all that scrap metal, turn it in, and use the money to buy some sort of nice shooter. Then I'm going to send the organizers of the buy back program a letter of thanks with a picture of my new gun  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Blam! Double tap.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
First dibbs on option to buy Tommy's turn ins at buyback pricing.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'll let you look at it, but bring a vise and a looooooong piece of string for test firing.
I'm talking about utter junk here. The highest quality, the cream of the crop, the apex of the collection is a RG .25.

Seeing as how you can buy perfectly servicible S&W model 10s for $150 out of shotgun news, my stuff isn't worth more than scrap weight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
How much $ are they giving?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I read the article, it was something like $50 for handguns, $75 for rifles, and "up to $200" for "assault weapons".

If they do this, I seriously am going to check out whether I can go and carry around a sign saying, "sell to me first", and offer people $50 more than the buyback...as long as I can figure out a way to make sure I don't end up buying stolen property.  Have to give it some thought...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#6]
LMFAO - Need a helper?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I read the article, it was something like $50 for handguns, $75 for rifles, and "up to $200" for "assault weapons".

If I recall correctly, that was the Milwaukee area one. No details were released yet about the planned Madison one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[If I recall correctly, that was the Milwaukee area one. No details were released yet about the planned Madison one.

My bad, I don't have the article in front of me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if $10 folded up AK reciever flats would be concidered an assault weapon? if they give you $100 for each reciever I would be making $90. lol
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I got seconds!

And if anyone needs a "helper" to stand near the line, just drop me an IM.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup I saw this one too.  Have quite a few pieces of scrap to get rid of too once they post prices.  Hey if they offer $200 for assualt rifles like Milwaukee Did I just might go out and buy some $99 SKS that aint worth a shit and make some money.  Personally, I don't consider SKS assualt rifles, but the media whores do.

Wait a second...I might get arrested for having a banned rifle in the City of Madisons Jurisdiction...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yup I saw this one too.  Have quite a few pieces of scrap to get rid of too once they post prices.  Hey if they offer $200 for assualt rifles like Milwaukee Did I just might go out and buy some $99 SKS that aint worth a shit and make some money.  Personally, I don't consider SKS assualt rifles, but the media whores do.

Wait a second...I might get arrested for having a banned rifle in the City of Madisons Jurisdiction...

Madison doesn't have an AWB.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Tom last time I checked you didnt live in Madison. You sure they will still buy your junk metal???
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey Tom last time I checked you didnt live in Madison. You sure they will still buy your junk metal???

Looks like it might be moot; Details just came out, they're giving $50 gift certificates for East Towne / West towne instead of cash.

Of course, now I don't have to pay to get my phones fixed...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Wisconsin has statewide preemption. The only way to have any guns banned ANYWHERE in the state (Including Milwaukee and Madison) is if a state law was passed. Local laws on guns can only be as strict as the state law.

Please take some time to read our state laws, which aside from our lack of CCW are generally excellent.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Looks like it might be moot; Details just came out, they're giving $50 gift certificates for East Towne / West towne instead of cash.

Still willing to give cash for approved scrap metal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top